Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Don't let this happen to your Fiero! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Don't let this happen to your Fiero! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 09-04-2013 08:38 AM
Replies: 60 (1948 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 03-26-2014 11:35 AM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This innocent Corvette was savagely attacked by the Mods Monster! Don't be the next victom! Put the grinder down, back away, and repeat to yourself..."tweak it, just tweak it..."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0796&forcev4exp=true

Jonathan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would have looked great if he only knew when to stop! i like it but if i were to buy it it would have a few things removed and i would defiantly do something different with the headlights.

but i am poor and i have no chance of buying this so i don't have to worry
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, only douchey, hairy chested, gold chain, Drakkar wearing folks need apply. "No really, all of those vents are fully functional." And damned be the small engine Fiero kits! This is Sparta!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eeeewww, that's NASTY! ....And the car is pretty hideous too!

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 09-04-2013).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette 'storm-trooper edition'...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS is who I imagine is the owner:

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
truly a case of didn't know when to stop. There is a good underlying concept but someone needs to understand flow of line and how it works to integrate an idea smoothly into a design.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually would drive this car with a few modifcations of my own like losing all the Rice. Then reworking the Ferrari body work to look more factory like than obvious aftermarket, just clean it up and start over again.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I wear Drakar...

That chick has a big head or small body or something.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Hey, I wear Drakar...

I apologize for the Drakar poke.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet its for sale because he woke up one day and looked out into the driveway and realized what he had done. I don't see one tasteful mod to the car.

My two favorite lines: "NOT A KIT WITH A FIERO ALTERED FRAME WITH A LITTLE MOTOR. WHY HAVE A CAR THAT LOOKS LIKE A PERFORMER THAT SIMPLY DOES NOT".. really, I bet any fiero with a SC3800 can wop up on that stock LT1. Also, "THIS CAR GETS MORE ATTENTION THAN ANY EXOTIC I HAVE EVER OWNED"... I bet it does, but the attention is all bad!!! Douche-bag.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatvenom:

It would have looked great if he only knew when to stop! i like it but if i were to buy it it would have a few things removed and i would defiantly do something different with the headlights.

Agreed, its got some potential after being heavily massaged.

That chick- would bang, I wanna see how her inflatables perform haha
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

That chick- would bang, I wanna see how her inflatables perform haha

OK Nitro', I get it. You need a woman mang!
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car screams:

[This message has been edited by lateFormula (edited 09-04-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

OK Nitro', I get it. You need a woman mang!

Dude its so bad, especially after having a medical issue I've been dealing with for a long while down there being fixed very recently. Hook a brotha up with one of your hunnies you stud
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude its so bad, especially after having a medical issue I've been dealing with for a long while down there being fixed very recently. Hook a brotha up with one of your hunnies you stud

I have been on a role lately.

Are you OK? Seriously.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Both have a little "too much" plastic and silicone! I really like the aluminum wing bolted to the other wing! That's one sweet ride. After all - "it is a real Vette" - Really Friggin Ugly Vette!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is easily the ugliest Corvette I have ever seen. The sad part is that someone put so much time, money, and effort into making it that ugly. I would rather pull a C3 out of the weeds of a junk yard and park it in my driveway. At least then it would look like I was GOING to fix it up.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a photographer, I can tell you from a mile and a half away, those pictures are hiding A LOT. And not in a good way. I feel bad for the person who did this to this poor car. They went over the top on something they thought would look good, most likely either got in trouble with their better half because of the money spent, (or they REALLY didn't want to be seen in it) and is having the owner get rid of it.

And i don't know about any of you, but that engine bay does NOT look like it it the same one from the car. There is just so much that is off in the picture. I have seen front engine converted fiero's. Something just doesn't jive.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had purchased some JC Whitney stock before he began the transformation.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread screams

What has it got to do with Fieros, and what do any of you care what some random fool does to his car?
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how much soy sauce comes with that car?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

This thread screams

What has it got to do with Fieros, and what do any of you care what some random fool does to his car?

Two reasons. Fieros are commonly modified. Especially with scoops, vents, and wings. Second, in his auction description, he compares his build to a kit car and a Fiero.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-05-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Hey, I wear Drakar...

Drakkar is great to wear... not to drink... and maybe that is what happened here

Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meh....I'd hit it.

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:

Meh....I'd hit it.

With a brick!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at the last pix with the chick walking away in the background... :-)
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

whoops

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt know vettes had Super Pursuit Mode too.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

This innocent Corvette was savagely attacked by the Mods Monster!

Me thinks this chick's boobs have been "attacked" by the Mods Monster as well.

I need to make a closer inspection... as a humanitarian gesture.

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two reasons. Fieros are commonly modified. Especially with scoops, vents, and wings. Second, in his auction description, he compares his build to a kit car and a Fiero.

Jonathan

Good for him. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Yes, a Lambo kit on a Fiero coupe is much slower than a body kit on an LT1 Vette. His description is apt in that respect. There are plenty of just as horrible mods done to Fieros, Mustangs, VWs and everything else.

The description doesn't say when it was built, but it was probably built that way a long time ago, when such types of features on cars were the "in" style. The kit looks like it was modelled mostly after the Ferrari F40, probably with a mix of Daytona Corvette/Camaro thrown in. And it looks a lot better than many of the Ferrari/Lambo style kits that have been thrown on Fieros.

Anyway, if someone wants to build a Fiero like that, who cares. They're going to do it, and if they like it, then power to them. Making threads to moan about body kits doesn't help.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Am I missing something?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For every Corvette like that there are like 100 Fiero kits poorly done or in garages with a body slapped to a chassis waiting for the gaps to disappear. At least it is finished.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Am I missing something?

She is walking away, wearing jeans and a shirt.... "out of character"

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey that car is not so bad. I think it would be ok. It just needs a few hundred more louvers.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good for him. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Yes, a Lambo kit on a Fiero coupe is much slower than a body kit on an LT1 Vette. His description is apt in that respect. There are plenty of just as horrible mods done to Fieros, Mustangs, VWs and everything else.

The description doesn't say when it was built, but it was probably built that way a long time ago, when such types of features on cars were the "in" style. The kit looks like it was modelled mostly after the Ferrari F40, probably with a mix of Daytona Corvette/Camaro thrown in. And it looks a lot better than many of the Ferrari/Lambo style kits that have been thrown on Fieros.

Anyway, if someone wants to build a Fiero like that, who cares. They're going to do it, and if they like it, then power to them. Making threads to moan about body kits doesn't help.

I believe you are out of line. The car is interesting in a OMG kind of way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and few beholders here have found much. There is a reference to a Fiero in the description and it implies being superior to them. Since I'm not the duly elected official in charge of taking responsibility for defending negative Fiero comments, I didn't take it personally. I did notice it, however, and thought it would also be of interest to others here on the forum. I would say I was correct in that assumption. You, for example, have looked here at least twice and you don't even agree with the content of the thread.

If you will please notice, I have never, at any point, criticized his craftsmanship. He is obviously capable of applying a vision to a car. How capable is impossible to determine since we cannot see the original concept drawings in his head and therefore do not know how close he got to them. What we do have is a statement from a photographer who's opinion is that this car likely has more flaws than the photos reveal. That may be true also. I'm not in a position to disagree with his findings.

I'm not aware of any moaning about body kits that I have been guiilty of here. Not sure where that statement is coming from. Yes, if someone wants to mod their Fiero or any other car, they are going to do it. Yes, if they like it, I agree, more power to them. I agree with the concept of happiness. In fact, I try to work it into my own life where I can. Yes, there are plenty of ugly kit cars out there, Fiero and otherwise. Maybe this one does look better than some of those. I have no problem with that opinion. In a similar way, I would have no problem with the opinion that a freshly dug up turnip looks better than a freshly dug up potato. Whatever floats your boat.

This is a lighthearted thread of an entertaining nature. The car in question is an oddity. The designer obviously meant for the car to stand out and be noticed. On that part, he was wildly successful. The other side of that coin is always going to be scrutiny, opinion, and possible rejection. I certainly mean this fellow no ill will. I would be the first to denounce any harm that may be planned or carried out against him as a result of any person or entity observing this car.

This is merely a "look what I found" thread. Nothing more. New threads are what keeps this forum alive. I rate your participation in this thread equal to those who like to tell others to use the search function. I would say to those people, if you don't feel like answering, don't. If you don't like the content of this thread, move along to the next one. No harm no foul. Then again, I support your right to keep coming back to shame those who have posted negative opinions on the looks of the car. I wouldn't call those comments moaning, though. Yours, maybe.

Jonathan

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but no. You're the one who is out of line.

It's not a "look what I found" thread. It's a "here's a Vette which I think is horrible, please dear god, please do not do this to your Fiero" thread.

You have no right to judge what someone else did to their car. You're making the assumption that the current owner is the one who did it, and that anyone who modifies their Fieros, gives a damn about your opinion of their modifications. If they do, then I pity them. If you aren't going to do something to fix it, then you don't get to complain about it. If you want to complain about it, buy the car, and "fix" it to how you'd do it.

This innocent Corvette was savagely attacked by the Mods Monster! Don't be the next victom! Put the grinder down, back away, and repeat to yourself..."tweak it, just tweak it..."

Go build your own. We don't need you to take over for the absence of madcurl, creating threads to complain about mods to other cars, and go on about "tweaking" things.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but no. You're the one who is out of line.

It's not a "look what I found" thread. It's a "here's a Vette which I think is horrible, please dear god, please do not do this to your Fiero" thread.

You have no right to judge what someone else did to their car. You're making the assumption that the current owner is the one who did it, and that anyone who modifies their Fieros, gives a damn about your opinion of their modifications. If they do, then I pity them. If you aren't going to do something to fix it, then you don't get to complain about it. If you want to complain about it, buy the car, and "fix" it to how you'd do it.

Go build your own. We don't need you to take over for the absence of madcurl, creating threads to complain about mods to other cars, and go on about "tweaking" things.

So you saw my "tweaking" comment and you associated it to Madcurl. I see you are somewhat familiar with humor. You should attend a workshop to expand your skills. I think you'd enjoy it. You seem to have a grasp of the basic concept.

If you can say it is a "horrible, etc, etc" thread and that is your right, why can I not have the right to say it is the kind of thread that I think it is? It was started by me, afterall.

This is still America, and like the song says, "Where at least I think I'm free". I have every right to complain, comment, make fun of, support, or endorse anything and everything I want to. It doesn't matter if I saw it, owned it, heard about it, or completely made it up. Not only was I born into this country which gave me those rights, I put on the uniform and earned those rights.

And what is it with you and bringing up stuff that never even happened? I didn't ask anyone to change their opinion about the car or to accept mine as the shining example of what to think. I didn't ask anyone to hate the car or to have any other particular opinion about the car. A few have said they'd take it if they could. Did I argue with their thinking?

Did I complain that these modifications were done to this car. No. It wasn't my car to ruin so it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm glad it was done! It supplied a topic to discuss. That's what we do here. We discuss cars. Any attempt to suppress a car discussion on a car forum should be frowned upon. That is exactly what you are suggesting. "Stop the thread! You have no right to voice your opinion!"

Your thought that the thread has no business even existing is my only complaint with you. Please, by all means, praise and worship this car and its creator in any way you see fit. Just don't trample my rights to voice my opinion of this car or any other topic.

Jonathan

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have no right to judge what someone else did to their car...

This should go without saying, but we as humans have the right to judge anything we want. You have judged me before, correct? It is your judgment that we cannot judge.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-06-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock