Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Don't let this happen to your Fiero! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Don't let this happen to your Fiero! by Boostdreamer
Started on: 09-04-2013 08:38 AM
Replies: 60 (1947 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 03-26-2014 11:35 AM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
So you saw my "tweaking" comment and you associated it to Madcurl. I see you are somewhat familiar with humor. You should attend a workshop to expand your skills. I think you'd enjoy it. You seem to have a grasp of the basic concept.

I see you are somewhat unfamiliar with the point of this forum, and in particular, this section. When you have published a few novels that end up on the NYT best sellers list for a few weeks, that are rife with comedy and intricate use of the English language to instil comedic effect into a purely textual context, then you can maybe try to make an aside about my understanding of humor. Maybe you should take a workshop to expand your skills. I think you'd enjoy it.

Now, are you done trying to redirect yourself from the point, and ready to get back to it? Or shall we further the stupidity of our species by making idiotic comments about other people's cars on a web forum about a totally unrelated car?

I get that you're trolling. It's what you, and sadly, a largely disproportionate number of people on web forums, do. But the constant flow of "OMG LOOK AT THIS JOKER ON craigslist/ebay/wherever" threads, full of stupid, racist, and otherwise derogatory comments, is just sad. It's petty, and makes the community as a whole, look bad, to those who might be interested in joining.

You made a stupid thread. I called you on it. Get over it, and stop trying to redirect the issue with nonsensical political dogma.

You can have the thread if you want. It just doesn't belong in General Fiero Chat. It's not about Fieros (despite your lame attempt to try and make it so). It's about digging on a different make of car. By all means, move it to Totally Off Topic and keep on making fun of some guys car without his knowledge, because you don't want to just e-mail the owner your opinions directly.
IP: Logged
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
This should go without saying, but we as humans have the right to judge anything we want. You have judged me before, correct? It is your judgment that we cannot judge.

Yes, but I only do it to your face directly in threads by quoting you. I don't go around making threads on completely unrelated forums, to make fun of your car. If I want to call your car an ugly blemish upon the face of the Earth, and declare that no human shall ever attempt to do similarly to their own car, I would do it right here to your face.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I get that you're trolling. It's what you, and sadly, a largely disproportionate number of people on web forums, do.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, but I only do it to your face directly in threads by quoting you. I don't go around making threads on completely unrelated forums, to make fun of your car. If I want to call your car an ugly blemish upon the face of the Earth, and declare that no human shall ever attempt to do similarly to their own car, I would do it right here to your face.

You mean my award winning, 87 GT?

BTW, when was the last time your car ran? When was the last time you were stopped to receive a comment on your Fiero?

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see you are somewhat unfamiliar with the point of this forum, and in particular, this section. When you have published a few novels that end up on the NYT best sellers list for a few weeks, that are rife with comedy and intricate use of the English language to instil comedic effect into a purely textual context, then you can maybe try to make an aside about my understanding of humor. Maybe you should take a workshop to expand your skills. I think you'd enjoy it.

Now, are you done trying to redirect yourself from the point, and ready to get back to it? Or shall we further the stupidity of our species by making idiotic comments about other people's cars on a web forum about a totally unrelated car?

I get that you're trolling. It's what you, and sadly, a largely disproportionate number of people on web forums, do. But the constant flow of "OMG LOOK AT THIS JOKER ON craigslist/ebay/wherever" threads, full of stupid, racist, and otherwise derogatory comments, is just sad. It's petty, and makes the community as a whole, look bad, to those who might be interested in joining.

You made a stupid thread. I called you on it. Get over it, and stop trying to redirect the issue with nonsensical political dogma.

You can have the thread if you want. It just doesn't belong in General Fiero Chat. It's not about Fieros (despite your lame attempt to try and make it so). It's about digging on a different make of car. By all means, move it to Totally Off Topic and keep on making fun of some guys car without his knowledge, because you don't want to just e-mail the owner your opinions directly.

It's called General Fiero Chat. We're just chatting in general. It's not specifically about Fieros but I would call it related. If you don't, buy the forum from Cliff and move the thread.

If it's all the same to you, I'd like to avoid the point you're trying to make and continue with the idiotic comments about the Corvette. Thanks for asking.

Trolling is what I do. OK... LOL I guess that makes you a fish because you are the one "caught up" in this stupid little meaningless thread. It is chat. I'm chatting with other car guys. Car guys usually are able to tell each other what they like and don't like about a car. Most cars discussed are not owned by the participants of the conversation.

What is petty is you telling others what they can post and discuss. Are you a member of Pennock's Security? I believe your behavior is the kind that looks bad to those who might want to join in. You say there are many threads bashing other cars? Well, I guess by your definition, this thread fits right in! Thanks for the affirmation.

I agree that it's a stupid thread. Now let's see, how many things does that make that I've agreed with you on yet you are in full attack mode? It's no wonder to me that our respective number of posts is similar yet our ratings bars tell a very different tale. By all the red in yours, I'd say that you were in possession of more evidence of troll characteristics. At the very least it appears that yours is the only opinion that counts, everyone else is stupid, and you have a problem expressing yourself in a calm, non-offensive manner. There's another workshop for ya!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean my award winning, 87 GT?

BTW, when was the last time your car ran? When was the last time you were stopped to receive a comment on your Fiero?

Whether my car is running or not is irrelevant. When my cars are running, I get compliments (or more often the wave/nod/stare of appreciation from someone going the other direction, all the time, actually. Just the other day, someone complimented my Avalanche. Someone asked me how much I'd sell my del Sol for, less than a month after I bought it. And before the Fiero blew the head gasket and ended up with a seized motor, I got the same looks and compliments as I'm sure you do, every time I took it out.

If you want to comment on how my car is running or not, then pay me to get it done. Otherwise, STFU, because it's none of your damn business whether it's running or not. The build will get done when it gets done. Sorry to disappoint you for having a life other than one of my cars.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
I agree that it's a stupid thread. Now let's see, how many things does that make that I've agreed with you on yet you are in full attack mode? It's no wonder to me that our respective number of posts is similar yet our ratings bars tell a very different tale. By all the red in yours, I'd say that you were in possession of more evidence of troll characteristics. At the very least it appears that yours is the only opinion that counts, everyone else is stupid, and you have a problem expressing yourself in a calm, non-offensive manner. There's another workshop for ya!

LOL. Full attack mode? I think not. The only reason my bar is red and yours is not, is because I'm not afraid to state the truth, and call out people for their stupidity, just because they have mostly green bars. It has nothing to do with trolling. Nor am I "caught up" in your nonsense. Simple math will show your replies are on average much longer than mine, which would make you the one who is "caught up" in it. I have no problem expressing myself in a calm non-offensive manner. That is exactly how I've been expressing myself, despite your continual desire to remain defensive. Maybe you should go take a reading comprehension workshop, since you seem to have such a problem with it.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Do you even think before you write? You say no attacks, but tell a member to STFU?

Hence my

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-06-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Do you even think before you write? You say no attacks, but tell a member to STFU?

Hence my

A reply to an attack, is not an attack. If you don't like being told to STFU, then don't make stupid attacks about other people's cars that you have no business making.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't understand what your problem is for a group of strangers passing judgment on a poorly modified car? Every day we walk out into the world and get judged for how we look and what we drive.

Personally I have no qualms about talking sh*t about ricebombs on a forum because I call people out on it in person. I have offended friends and asked strangers why they have retarded looking modifications, my blunt honestly can make people think I'm an ass but I'm the most straight shooting person most people will ever meet. The truth hurts, I'd rather someone tell me outright my car looks like sh*t than drive around in a POS and have the whole world laughing at me. Unless I loved what I created, in which case I wouldn't care and people could say whatever they want.

I encourage people to express their opinions as long as they're true to how they really feel about something, positive or negative.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:
I don't understand what your problem is for a group of strangers passing judgment on a poorly modified car? Every day we walk out into the world and get judged for how we look and what we drive.

Personally I have no qualms about talking sh*t about ricebombs on a forum because I call people out on it in person. I have offended friends and asked strangers why they have retarded looking modifications, my blunt honestly can make people think I'm an ass but I'm the most straight shooting person most people will ever meet. The truth hurts, I'd rather someone tell me outright my car looks like sh*t than drive around in a POS and have the whole world laughing at me. Unless I loved what I created, in which case I wouldn't care and people could say whatever they want.

I encourage people to express their opinions as long as they're true to how they really feel about something, positive or negative.

Good on you for having the fortitude to tell them to their face. By all means, do that.

But this isn't a forum about Corvettes, and the forum rules say this thread belongs in T/OT or the new Other Cars section, not in General Fiero Chat. Not to mention the new threads that get created every time someone finds a post on craigslist/ebay/etc… about a Fiero, with the tiniest mistakes that get blown up into overdone laugh tracks, because OMG look at the ignorant little person who doesn't know much about this car he's trying to sell. The irony baked into the hypocrisy of trying to tell me I'm the one trying to act superior to everyone, is amusing though, you must admit.

How about making a perpetual "What mods would you NOT do to your Fiero?" thread, instead, like the "What did you do to your Fiero?" one? The varying and random threads lead to poor attempts at creating humorous thread topics, that just end up being confusing. Like "Don't let this happen to your Fiero!" which creates an expectation of a discussion of the merits of cleaning out your HVAC housing, so your car doesn't catch on fire, or something similar.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a moron. But, moron that later...

I'm done trying to argue with stupidity. (Smiley inserted)
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But this isn't a forum about Corvettes, and the forum rules say this thread belongs in T/OT or the new Other Cars section, not in General Fiero Chat. Not to mention the new threads that get created every time someone finds a post on craigslist/ebay/etc… about a Fiero, with the tiniest mistakes that get blown up into overdone laugh tracks, because OMG look at the ignorant little person who doesn't know much about this car he's trying to sell. The irony baked into the hypocrisy of trying to tell me I'm the one trying to act superior to everyone, is amusing though, you must admit.

In fairness, the ad mentions Fiero so it does make it relevant to GFC and I'm sure more would agree that its not off topic material. If an automotive magazine references a Fiero you see it in GFC, an ebay ad would be no different I imagine.

As far as the threads on cars being overpriced going all omglol I agree with you on that.. I don't see why people care how cars are priced. In terms of funky looking mods, its fun to see what absurdity surfaces every now and then. Its not like theres an overwhelming amount of these threads either so personally I don't have an issue with it- it seems like not too many others do either since people generally make a bid deal out of said threads.

The fact is that you're the minority on this
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trouble with people who are all too ready to criticize other people's cars is that they rarely resist the temptation to criticize the character of people they don't even know. A moron? Really? For defending a third guy's right to do what he wants to do with his own car?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

The trouble with people who are all too ready to criticize other people's cars is that they rarely resist the temptation to criticize the character of people they don't even know. A moron? Really? For defending a third guy's right to do what he wants to do with his own car?

Yes, really.

I am not sorry. I was told to STFU. It is my personal opinion, and obviously others as well. I can judge how I want, who I want, and where I want. Sorry Blooz, but why does your judgement of me, hold more weight than my judgement of said vehicle? Can you not see the hypocracy of your statement?
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This should go without saying, but we as humans have the right to judge anything we want. You have judged me before, correct? It is your judgment that we cannot judge.

There are some interesting mods IMO. Granted way too many, but some of them do have potential to be very nice looking. I wonder how many of the vents were with the kit and how many were added by the builder.

As for the, "fun bags on that hose hound", I'd motor boat that just to say I did!

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry Blooz, but why does your judgement of me, hold more weight than my judgement of said vehicle? Can you not see the hypocracy of your statement?

No one would be judging anyone if it were not for the OP that started this thread. This is not a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg. Someone threw a rotten egg for a reaction, a bunch of people laughed, then backlashed against the one person who questioned why the egg was thrown in the first place. Simple as that. The question still stands: why was the egg thrown in the first place, and the best answer so far is: "Because I have a right to insult anyone I please". I'll leave you to judge for yourself if this was a thread worthy of the usual greatness of people on PFF.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I care for ratings less, much less, than someone telling me to be silenced.

Good bye evil thread. I won't even open it up again.

Peace to all.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

No one would be judging anyone if it were not for the OP that started this thread. This is not a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg. Someone threw a rotten egg for a reaction, a bunch of people laughed, then backlashed against the one person who questioned why the egg was thrown in the first place. Simple as that. The question still stands: why was the egg thrown in the first place, and the best answer so far is: "Because I have a right to insult anyone I please". I'll leave you to judge for yourself if this was a thread worthy of the usual greatness of people on PFF.

The OP didn't throw an egg, insult anyone or their craftsmanship, or claim the right to insult people for any reason. It's not about a thread being questioned. It is about his proposed self-imposed censorship.

I said the car was over modded. If that is a strike against the character of the owner or builder then somebody needs to get some thicker skin. I thought this crap was safely contained in OT. I am wrong again.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-08-2013).]

Alblindi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlblindiSend a Private Message to AlblindiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like some people have too much time on their hands.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worst case of testosterone poisoning I've seen in years.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay