DPG Spoiler i think? by Dflint
Started on: 09-02-2013 10:28 PM
Replies: 6 (579 views)
Last post by: Dflint on 09-03-2013 08:46 PM
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought this 84 fiero with this Spoiler on it and i think its a DPG http://i857.photobucket.com...5761_zpse7489218.jpg
or atleast a remake

------------------
Dflint...85 SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

I bought this 84 fiero with this Spoiler on it and i think its a DPG http://i857.photobucket.com...5761_zpse7489218.jpg
or atleast a remake

Get me a shot of the lock area and i'll be able to tell you

I have a full DGP car

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
(84 IMSA) garage queen
(13 Veloster) daily grinder
(86 basterdized mera) fake ferrari
The forums Youngest CDL driver

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
FYI I've owned all these cars

This one is a DGP

This one is also a DGP

This one is a fiero warehouse

The difference between them is if you look at the area just above the taillights the FW extends all the way down to the taillights where as the DGP extends down half way to them, also if you look at the lock arear the FW has a full circle around it where as the DGP has a half circle around it, There are also IRM spoilers Which I think are like the FW (cant recall what the last one I saw looked like ) The difference you don't see is the FW is a little lighter than the DGP, (I've had the decklid of the orange one and my IMSA fall o me while working on them) Another good way to tell is Most DGP products had a DGP sticker on them on there underside, However if you take it off be very Gentle with it, they are delicate and somewhat expensive,

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-03-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both of them could be DGP, IRM, or Fiero Warehouse.
When I talked with Doug, I believe he said he and Sage had molds for both types.
(The back story is that DGP was sold to IRM. IRM's fiberglass business was sold to Fiero Warehouse, aka Doug. Sage actually has the molds and does the manufacturing.)
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar nailed it.

Doug bought the molds from Jim Sutter at IRM, who bought some of them from DGP. The version that comes half way down the rear trunk edge is DGP, while the one that comes all the way down with a "hole" cut out for the key/lock, was made by IRM. At least that is what we were told when we picked both versions up with the rest of IRM's molds. The DGP version is marked as such in the mold, while the IRM mold has no markings.

HAGO!
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock