Looking at buying a Fiero! by schlegelmilch99
Started on: 08-29-2013 03:27 PM
Replies: 8 (365 views)
Last post by: Carver1 on 08-29-2013 10:44 PM
schlegelmilch99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schlegelmilch99Send a Private Message to schlegelmilch99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance for reading. I am considering buying a 1987 GT with 70K, one owner, burgandy in color, looks to be in really good shape. What do I need to know when I look at this? It would be a daily driver for me.....

Thanks!

Wes

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks just exactly like mine....cept the wheels
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the condition of any rubber mounts/bushings you can see. Can they start it for you? Good idle? Exhaust ticks? Normal stuff really. The more they want for it the more you should inspect, but its still a pretty basic car.
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the carpet up in the trunk and check for rust in the corners.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

Idaho_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho_FieroSend a Private Message to Idaho_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't be a bad idea to check the frame rails and under/around the battery.
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pop the hood, and check around the radiator supports for rust. As mentioned above, the battery tray... let me think of other areas that are not great on my car. haha

Turn the lights on and off a few times to make sure the lights pop up and down with no issues.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
schlegelmilch99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schlegelmilch99Send a Private Message to schlegelmilch99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the tips! May go check it out on Saturday. Asking price is 4500; is that in line?
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by schlegelmilch99:

Thanks for all the tips! May go check it out on Saturday. Asking price is 4500; is that in line?

If it is great condition and no rust, I'd say that is the right price. I would offer less and go from there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock