Started on: 08-29-2013 10:50 AM
Replies: 6 (638 views)
Last post by: thismanyfieros on 09-01-2013 11:22 AM
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok what are pros and cons of ZZp VS Frozen boost front mount heater exhangers? Any size or fittament issues you have found during installation would be a good starting point to discuss. If people arent sure hwat I am talking about its the 3.8 sc install again and I am looking for reviews on both these products by people who have actually installed and used these two products. Personal preferences to be explained ... Thanks guys..
Ps dont try and talk me into a turbo 3.8 thats for the third car..lol...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the ZZP style one and it's not nearly as thick as the Frozen Boost one. I honestly like the Frozen Boost one much much better than the ZZP style one. It has a bigger core and works much better and even fits much better than the ZZP one. With the Frozen Boost heat exchanger and the ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler, combined with the Meizire style pump and IC tank, it works awesome. The flow is great, and my new tank is really superior to what I had before. I did the whole swap when I did everything so I can't say what helped more, but I love the setup I have now. Being able to put Ice in the tank at the track makes for a great situation for the blower. I suggest the Meizire pump if you do it, but make sure you get a bigger tank to flow as it flows great.

Here is pics of the Frozen Boost intercooler. Of course I don't have an AC Condenser anymore, but I'm working on having one custom fabbed up. And pictures of my tank.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 08-29-2013).]

thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir did you purposely angle the heat exhanger or is that just me? I already have the full stack IC and a Flojet pump. I would not be opposed to a meziere pump like yours.. Thanks for the info!!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have good eyes. The heat exchanger is angled a bit as that's just how it fit in the front area. No. reason at all.
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I looked at L67's car years back he had his ice tank in the trunk. I am betting yours may see a bit of heat in the battery area. Probably doesnt affect it very much but I think it may be a better place for mine if i go that route. Did you go with the largest one they offer or was it the second one in dimension size? I dont have AC in my car so no condensor issue for me. Are you running a tranny cooler? If so where did you place that?
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

When I looked at L67's car years back he had his ice tank in the trunk. I am betting yours may see a bit of heat in the battery area. Probably doesnt affect it very much but I think it may be a better place for mine if i go that route. Did you go with the largest one they offer or was it the second one in dimension size? I dont have AC in my car so no condensor issue for me. Are you running a tranny cooler? If so where did you place that?

Yeah, the tank may get a little heat soaked, but not enough to matter especially at the track, etc. This car is not my daily driver. That Moroso tank is the largest one I could get in the back. I think it's almost a 4 qt. capacity. It does work amazing compared to what I had. The pump can flow it really good now and the tank can handle it with the larger capacity. As far as a tranny cooler, I run a tranny cooler in front of the radiator which is a 3 core Champion and then the heat exchanger is in front of that. I also have ZZP's finned tranny pan which works really well too and keeps the heat even cooler. Typically my transmission temps never exceed 180 degrees and that's on a blistering hot day (well in the 90's or 100's).

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 08-31-2013).]

thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have been eyeing the finned tranny pan. Seems like a good idea also. Is that a phelonic intercooler you are running?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock