Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Now I can finally say Solstice gone - better car aquired:) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Now I can finally say Solstice gone - better car aquired:) by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-22-2013 10:41 PM
Replies: 250 (8313 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 01-04-2015 11:29 PM
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

They sure do! Weird...

The wheels look to be correct 87 offset all the way around. Could the cradle have not been centered when it was bolted in? Is that possible to do if you don't take measurements when a cradle is re installed? I don't think the body could be that far off without some unusual panel gaps.

Faded paint like this was prevalent on most late 80 vehicles. It was caused by the poor quality first examples of water based paint GM had to start using in 87. US car companies had to switch over from oil based paint due to emissions. I wonder what kind of paint would hold up the best on the fiberglass body? Most Mera's I have seen develop stress cracks in the paint over time.
IP: Logged
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Also how much do replacement mirrors run?

The Vitaloni mirrors are no longer produced in this style. You may be able to find some replacement parts online. If you find an NOS set be prepared for sticker shock. Most people seem to replace them with later style Ferrari look mirrors if they are too far gone.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't beleave they are they have just silver center caps.. im going to keep them on there though. The gold wheels go real well with the red

dig this.......
these are the OEM centers with your GT wheels. i assume you have a 1987 Mera for that reason alone. i only really care about the '87 Mera anyway but dont tell the "Mera In Paradise" fellas OK

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-20-2013).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

dig this.......
these are the OEM centers with your GT wheels. i assume you have a 1987 Mera for that reason alone. i only really care about the '87 Mera anyway but dont tell the "Mera In Paradise" fellas OK

Busted!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dig this.......

Well that's the thing, Mine is an 86 chassis and I don't believe the cradle was ever removed.. its an oddball car that I just need to get figured out, It is a mera body but It was swapped onto an 86 car, Don't know why either.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-20-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

whoops.....sorry.
well not as bad as i have seen but pricey, for sure you gotta scroll down a bit but them $280 ones look right age wise. but theres some newer ones?? that looks close for $50 i think it was. i may have to scoop thems, myself
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBa...nkw=vitaloni&_sop=16

these here are the OEM for sure!! the Tornados!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mas...em35bd18e083&vxp=mtr
*EDIT*
ohhh damn, i shoulda checked the link first. thems in horrible condition at that price. i have seen sets on Ebay for $1200 but nicer by far!!! so thats about right with the unreal reconditioning these will need ....peeeuuuu

I think I might have found a replacement, The ones listed there are in about the same shape as mine, I don't really need OEM as long as they look the same, Also don't need power as mine wenrt hooked up when the body was swapped,

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
since you dont have Cromadora wheels i think you may have a 1987, still. having the Cromadoras are a dead giveaway thats it was an '88, since you have the rest of the accessories necessary
i'm rootin for ya. the 87's had a smaller production total by more than half i like limited stuff as i am sure you do too.

its maybe an optical here but do you have a sticker on the very top, left side in this photo?
and is that sticker on the right a Fiero Sticker??

i cant tell but it kinda looks like it has been painted over or if gone it may have left a whitness mark like the trunk letters did.

another thing Mera i see, you will need to replace is the OEM rear lid bracket. its signature to the Mera conversion.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-21-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

I think I might have found a replacement, The ones listed there are in about the same shape as mine, I don't really need OEM as long as they look the same, Also don't need power as mine wenrt hooked up when the body was swapped,

oooo heres a good one.....do you have both left and right powered?? i got a sales pamphlet that states some '87s had right side powered and left manual. i have this configuration as well as the Prototype 1986 thats here in Michigan.

so we could help verify your panel year that way also, yeah !! thats good huntin, eh??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-21-2013).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With some 1 inch hubcentric wheel spacers installed, those wheels would look great and fill up the fender wells. Less expensive than replacing wheels and tires. Can you post some pictures of the damage to your side view mirrors?

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 09-21-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oooo heres a good one.....do you have both left and right powered?? i got a sales pamphlet that states some '87s had right side powered and left manual. i have this configuration as well as the Prototype 1986 thats here in Michigan.

so we could help verify your panel year that way also, yeah !! thats good huntin, eh??

I beleave they are both power

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rick 88:

With some 1 inch hubcentric wheel spacers installed, those wheels would look great and fill up the fender wells. Less expensive than replacing wheels and tires. Can you post some pictures of the damage to your side view mirrors?

will do one has a hole rusted through it

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the MAFOA show.... the 2 who temporarily broke my car (sort of)

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Just noticed, your front bumper is "flipped". I did that to my Mera. It looks better this way. Is you car lowered in front?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Just noticed, your front bumper is "flipped". I did that to my Mera. It looks better this way. Is you car lowered in front?

I ddont think its lowered but the shocks could be bad... don't really know.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Ok new issue, The headlights will go down but will not come back up, Anyone have any ideas?
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok new issue, The headlights will go down but will not come back up, Anyone have any ideas?

Gear stripped?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Gear stripped?

Not sure, they just don't seem to operate at all when you turn them on,,, im going to see about upgrading it to the 87-88 setup

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a set of mirrors for the car.... their not the exact same thing but they are very close, i'll see how they turn out.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he new set of Vitaloni mirrors are in and I must say they are very nice... they are the same thing as the ones on the Mera minus the power option, and the fronts of them are plastic instead of metal, $67 a mirror to but they had to come from Germany...
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So now you can sell it on Barrett Jackson for a fortune? I gotta say, that pissing contest on fb last night was hilarious.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

So now you can sell it on Barrett Jackson for a fortune? I gotta say, that pissing contest on fb last night was hilarious.

Ehh screw um... I cant stand those punks...

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he new set of Vitaloni mirrors are in and I must say they are very nice... they are the same thing as the ones on the Mera minus the power option, and the fronts of them are plastic instead of metal, $67 a mirror to but they had to come from Germany...

could you post a few pics??
i would love a cheap(er) set to swap out with my OEM ones.
i fret that i come out the store or something and see them swiped. they can retail an easy $800 I hear if found that is.

a little boast, mine and #6001 are the only Mera i know of that has one Manual mirror.
mines on the drivers side and the Prototype has the drivers side powered. which is weird.

picture from my little visit in 2009 hummm...cant remember. that day was cool as heck!
i am trying to buy it.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-18-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ehh screw um... I cant stand those punks...

Even though they were trolls- they made you look dumb, ignorant, and played you like a fool. Sorry.

Comparing a Mera to a GTR . One of the saddest pissing contests I've seen in a long time.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As requested here's a pic of the new mirrors.. as I said they are the same size and bolt up the same way but the fronts of them are plastic.

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mirrors look nice. Are the the same size as the originals? What store did you order them from?

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 10-26-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mirrors look nice. Are the the same size as the originals? What store did you order them from?

Yup same exact size and everything, I'm pretty sure they are called the tornado baby's and I found them on Ebay.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed them today and they look great, Also they are an exact fit to the brackets from the original Mera mirrors. I'll grab a photo later.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the new mirrors... They are made by the same company only slightly different, they are also non power

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Also for those who asked this is where I got them, Bear in mind they fit right onto the Stock mera Mounting bracket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mir...em461271103a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mir...em4612710caa&vxp=mtr
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordering some parts from EVM_Rob and getting to work on this thing... I'm having my mechanic bleed out the clutch because I have other obligations right now But its well on its way, After the clutch is working its going to a friend of mine for a paint job, I've decided that I'm going to get it repainted the gloss red it came with.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you are moving right along.

Any plans for wider wheels ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-05-2013).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey PK ....... whats up with the IMSA ...... no updates or whatever
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sounds like you are moving right along.

Any plans for wider wheels ?

Not as of right now... I just want to put it on the road but maybe down the pike.. I would like to keep the lace wheel look on it though.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hey PK ....... whats up with the IMSA ...... no updates or whatever
regards
Danyel

Jason still has it.. lol I still need to call him and get an update on it.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sail louvers and Amber turn signals ordered from EVM_Rob and it is at my mechanic for the clutch and brake work, After that off to my friend Corban for a paintjob
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
We'll I have some VERY lazy brakes... my 2 front brakes the sliders are seized up but my mechanic thinks they can be freed up, And I have one completely seized caliper in the back driver side, And while they are off I'm getting new pads and rotors all the way around, My mechanic says the car is bringing in a ton of people just to look at it lol, Also be aware sourcing brake calipers is becoming very hard for this car, autozone has an indefinite ETA as to when they will be able to get them, Pepeboys has a 2 week backorder and advance auto parts got me the last one in the area due in tomorrow.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also be aware sourcing brake calipers is becoming very hard for this car, autozone has an indefinite ETA as to when they will be able to get them, Pepeboys has a 2 week backorder and advance auto parts got me the last one in the area due in tomorrow.

Are they different calipers than what the "regular" 84-87 Fieros use?

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

See if you have a "delcoline" parts store in your area. I know there is one in philly. They should have the parts or send them out for R&R (check for a federated / fisher) parts store.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Its the regular 84-87, only difference between the cars is the body, but in my hunt for a caliper last night no one could get one.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock