Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Now I can finally say Solstice gone - better car aquired:) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Now I can finally say Solstice gone - better car aquired:) by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-22-2013 10:41 PM
Replies: 250 (8313 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 01-04-2015 11:29 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

And hey Rodney was this a mera thing I've never seen these

nice score.....if you mean the door toppers?? yes they are Mera exclusive.

are the surrounds on them side mirrors painted or 2 tone like with plastic??

i see the front grill in the trunk is that a 2 slat or 3 slat....2 slat is OEM Mera as well.

IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

nice score.....if you mean the door toppers?? yes they are Mera exclusive.

are the surrounds on them side mirrors painted or 2 tone like with plastic??

i see the front grill in the trunk is that a 2 slat or 3 slat....2 slat is OEM Mera as well.

the mirrors are black just very faded and rusted (going to need replacements) and the grill is a 2 slat but its badly damaged, I'm going to see if my body guy can repair it,

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the mirrors are black just very faded and rusted (going to need replacements) and the grill is a 2 slat but its badly damaged, I'm going to see if my body guy can repair it,

cool......them mirrors OEM are gonna cost ya FYI
i am curious as to your rear engine grill.....does it have sharp points by any chance??
could you post a pic??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-27-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cool......them mirrors OEM are gonna cost ya FYI
i am curious as to your rear engine grill.....does it have sharp points by any chance??
could you post a pic??

I can when i move back home this weekend, and do you mean sharp points at there ends?

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can when i move back home this weekend, and do you mean sharp points at there ends?

right on!
and yes at the ends of all the slats. theres a debate as to if the owners or the factory rounded them off.
you will see why if yours are sharp, like mine, when you hand wash back there

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

right on!
and yes at the ends of all the slats. theres a debate as to if the owners or the factory rounded them off.

Pretty sure mine are pointed but I have to check.. thanks for the tip BTW...

Also how much do replacement mirrors run?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Here is a photoshop someone did of my car with the fender cleaned up and bigger wheels.... I'm getting some ideas I will be keeping it red BTW

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-27-2013).]

Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

right on!

Glad to see Danno on the case! If anyone can get to the bottom of this one, the 86 Mera expert will!!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought those louvers were painted black? correct me if im wrong
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought those louvers were painted black? correct me if im wrong

yulp you are correct....mine has faded with time. the undersides are black but the silver go with my Centerline wheels so i am leaving it

so do your wheels have the Mera Center caps?? if so check to see if they are clear backgrounds.
the repros are sliver........

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-28-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yulp you are correct....mine has faded with time. the undersides are black but the silver go with my Centerline wheels so i am leaving it

so do your wheels have the Mera Center caps?? if so check to see if they are clear backgrounds.
the repros are sliver........

And I'll be getting my louvers in black...

I don't beleave they are they have just silver center caps.. im going to keep them on there though. The gold wheels go real well with the red

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pontiackid with a little tweeking you could have something like this !

Fender flares on the back, cut up a set of Archie rockers and you are halfway there.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-29-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is so freaking sick! Wow!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I would like two of those please.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that kit is on a real 308 it would be interesting to see it on a mera.... I dunno though I'm kinda partial to the look the way it is,
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Hello Rodney - I'm very happy with mine (fit perfect). Have you ever considered a slightly extended chrome or high polish tips as an option? I did buff mine up a bit but as they sit deep within the "diaper" they don't stand out as much as I would like. Thanks again for all you do.
Steve

Steve, what I did was buy some 6" - 8" in. chrome pipes from a local Canadian Tire auto parts store, then slid (you can drill a small hole in the chrome pipes and then use a set screw to secure them to the bent pipes) them over the exhaust tips within the diaper.

The tips are dirty in this pic, but you get the look and idea.

Paul

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 08-31-2013).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul ---- I've considered doing that but I'm not a fan of the pipe in pipe look -- I might have my tips professionally polished or chromed this winter.
Now to fix the gas cap door cable-another pain in the a$$ job.

Damn -- Son just called from school - His Rodeo just puked all it's antifreeze and lit it's check lights -- 5 hour round trip at least with Labor Day Traffic -- no play today...got to go while it's early.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm jealous.... Nice find.

If you should get in the tweaking mood, here is some inspiration we were playing with: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091128.html

Look forward to seeing the resurrection.

Bob
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I've moved back to PA and have a good amount of cash left over to get this baby painted, A guy I know who does Top notch paintjobs for a very good price, I'm having the car painted the same red as it had on it and im towing it there tomorrow

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-03-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Also as a small update, being this body was reinstalled onto an 86 SE I have run into a small problem with this taillights, they operate as an Se should but, Being that the taillights use the running lights, turn signals, and brake lights all within one bulb when I turn on the headlights Not only do the red lights come on for the brake and running lights the amber lights come on as well which are supposed to only light when the turn signals are activated, and when the turn signals are activated the red lens also flashes, all in all it looks like hell, So I found a fastback taillight harness on Ebay that should correct this issue, Also on a + side the Mera body is wide enough that I can remove the harness without removing the rear clip,
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
putting off the paint for right now.. want to get it running properly.. did pickup a small sound system for it though
PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

putting off the paint for right now.. want to get it running properly.. did pickup a small sound system for it though

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Except for the title of this thread, to date there hasn't even been any mention of the Pontiac model name, "Solstice".

I own neither a Solstice nor a Mera, but out of curiosity, why do you say in the title of your thread, "...Solstice gone - better car acquired"?

If I recall correctly (and maybe I don't), you at one time were quite enamored of the base (non-GXP) 2006 Solstice you had --- so asked somewhat differently, what has led you now to regard your Mera as the "better car" of the two?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Except for the title of this thread, to date there hasn't even been any mention of the Pontiac model name, "Solstice".

I own neither a Solstice nor a Mera, but out of curiosity, why do you say in the title of your thread, "...Solstice gone - better car acquired"?

If I recall correctly (and maybe I don't), you at one time were quite enamored of the base (non-GXP) 2006 Solstice you had --- so asked somewhat differently, what has led you now to regard your Mera as the "better car" of the two?

The title is just a joke… see thread below: Flacon Fiero sold his Solstice and bought a real Ferrari.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/089574.html

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

The title is just a joke… see thread below: Flacon Fiero sold his Solstice and bought a real Ferrari.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/089574.html

No it's because of this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000013.html
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

No it's because of this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000013.html

I forgot about that one. LOL
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got rid of my solstice because the damn thing around 60K miles started falling apart, transmission issues, little things on the interior started breaking, lights behind the dash started going out, just small dumb things that just added up... Fieros aside from there need to be temperamental sometimes at least hold up.

And it was after falcon's post due to kind of relativity,

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-04-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

I'm putting it off because of money, and the soundsystem was not an expensive one

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my mechanic replace the spark plugs (I have a bad habit of breaking them off in the head) and it runs so much better. its going to need new shocks and springs though, Also I have received a fastback taillight harness to get the lights to all work properly. i'll be installing it this weekend,
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I got rid of my solstice because the damn thing around 60K miles started falling apart, transmission issues, little things on the interior started breaking, lights behind the dash started going out, just small dumb things that just added up... Fieros aside from there need to be temperamental sometimes at least hold up.

And it was after falcon's post due to kind of relativity,

I thought the Solstices held up fine. I miss my 07 GXP. I traded it in with 85K on it and looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. Only issue it ever had was the cupholder on the passenger side broke off putting in a big gulp.....
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

I thought the Solstices held up fine. I miss my 07 GXP. I traded it in with 85K on it and looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. Only issue it ever had was the cupholder on the passenger side broke off putting in a big gulp.....

It's probably because he let my gigantic ass ride in it. The first non-Fiero of his he let me ride in, a Firebird, blew the motor. Then the Solstice fell apart. I curse his non-Fieros.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

It's probably because he let my gigantic ass ride in it. The first non-Fiero of his he let me ride in, a Firebird, blew the motor. Then the Solstice fell apart. I curse his non-Fieros.

And I blame you for the horrible gas mileage on my jeep. Also lets not forget the formula... Your curse carries to fieros quite well
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

--- so asked somewhat differently, what has led you now to regard your Mera as the "better car" of the two?

Given a choice, I'd rather have the Solstice.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Given a choice, I'd rather have the Solstice.

Not mine... as I said the thing was falling apart.... and its not like I dident take care of it either.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed the new fastback taillight harness over the weekend and what an improvement, I still have to make a proper ground for it but clipping it onto the trunk wall works,
The issue I was having with the Notchback harness was that whenever you turned on the headlights both the red and amber lights all did the same thing, the amber and red lights would stay on steady Get brighter for brakes and flash for turn signals, Now the amber lights are only for turn signals and the red lights are only for brakes and running lights,
Now its time to make it look,,,,,, Well presentable for the MAFOA fall show..
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

right on!

Ohh and to answer your question on this I looked the other day, they have been rounded off.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fun project. Miss the Sol at all?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Looks like a fun project. Miss the Sol at all?

not at all.. I loved the thing but in the end (60K miles) it just started falling apart on me. I love this mera though.. needs some work but it was worth it

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered some headlight buckets and motors for the car.. the ones I have right now are all seized up and wont even more... I'll be needing to rebuild one of the new motors though.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also how much do replacement mirrors run?

whoops.....sorry.
well not as bad as i have seen but pricey, for sure you gotta scroll down a bit but them $280 ones look right age wise. but theres some newer ones?? that looks close for $50 i think it was. i may have to scoop thems, myself
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBa...nkw=vitaloni&_sop=16

these here are the OEM for sure!! the Tornados!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mas...em35bd18e083&vxp=mtr
*EDIT*
ohhh damn, i shoulda checked the link first. thems in horrible condition at that price. i have seen sets on Ebay for $1200 but nicer by far!!! so thats about right with the unreal reconditioning these will need ....peeeuuuu

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-20-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock