Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is there a symptom checker on this forum?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there a symptom checker on this forum? by a gem
Started on: 08-16-2013 01:44 AM
Replies: 9 (317 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 08-18-2013 07:22 PM
a gem

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a gemSend a Private Message to a gemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wondering.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you mean a diagnostic section, post your problem in technical room.
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you got the FIERO FEVER....
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out the Ogre's Cave section at the top of every page. Its not like webMD where you plug in symptoms, but lots of good info to help you diagnose issues.
a gem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a gemSend a Private Message to a gemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, I got the fever from my son, he gave me an 86 2.5 automatic sport coupe after my beautiful Mercedes 450SEL just stopped starting. I was still mourning, and he thought it would cheer me up and give me something to do..... boy did it!!! Just about everthing that goes wrong did go wrong 1 after another. I was learning and fixing and replacing parts and learning and one morning I lent it to someone...... I am now on my second bout with the "fever" it is different it's an 84 2.5 SE with a 4 speed . And I gave this to myself. I retired at 48 and have the time and willingness but knowledge and strength of a woman, which I am. I read directions and follow them. I need advice and count on this forum to help me. Any help is gladly recieved but I'm not going to do anything before I'm pretty sure it's right or won't make a problem worse.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best symptom checker on my Fiero is the SES light.....If that goes on you have a good path to finding a fix. If it does not, ask away in the Tech section: there is an expert for just about any problem.

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ECMCodes

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-16-2013).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck and keep it fun, if ya can.
Best tip I can give is to keep in mind that these are old cars, as in corroded electrics etc. That said, never rush out to by a replacement part like an ignition coil, MAP or other sensor etc until you've re-seated/or and or cleaned all related connectors. More often than not, someone will replace, say, an ignition coil and think it was the fix, whereas the car now runs again which will make he/she trash a good coil. Sadly the problem was not a faulty coil but rather the corroded connector/s that plugged into it. The act of swapping out the old one for the new one, cleaned the connector enough to make the car run again, at least for a few months.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[/URL]
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As others have said, you can ask tech stuff in the tech section. You will probably get a few "use the search button" comments. Just ignore them they do it all the time. Reality is people suck at titling their posts so search can be a chore to wade through.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-17-2013).]

a gem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a gemSend a Private Message to a gemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I thought my question would have had the techs. sending me to this section because it wasn't technical.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

As others have said, you can ask tech stuff in the tech section. You will probably get a few "use the search button" comments. Just ignore them they do it all the time. Reality is people suck at titling their posts so search can be a chore to wade through.

Man I am so happy to hear someone else say that. I totally agree. Search is a tool, not the be all, end all, of this forum.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock