Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  input needed on decals for restoration or replacment. Will these work for you. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
input needed on decals for restoration or replacment. Will these work for you. by Fiero Thomas
Started on: 08-13-2013 08:28 PM
Replies: 51 (1251 views)
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 09-08-2013 04:15 PM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been asked if I can make replacement decals for the car for restoration or to replace. I am working on a package that would have all the decals for you car for one price of 35.00 sent to your door. I am working on the correct sizing and the jacking decal still. Here is what I have. I will make its own post when I am done witch is soon.

Please note the colors are dead on. Just hard to see with my camera. I use a Mutoh wave printer that wave prints so these will look as good as new. I will be laminating these as well so you can clean them just like normal with no ware.

Here you go 88 decals

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

Thank You
Tom

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2000 Grand Prix GT

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, I could definitely use a set.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Any chance you could do rpo stickers too?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Any chance you could do rpo stickers too?

Yes that is one I am looking into doing as well

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would the recreate of the door sticker with the VIN be illegal? if not, this set and one custom with my VIN id be interested in. because ill be painting mine this fall and i hate taping over those.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

would the recreate of the door sticker with the VIN be illegal? if not, this set and one custom with my VIN id be interested in. because ill be painting mine this fall and i hate taping over those.

That one I will not do as I don't know the legal part of it.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PLEASE MAKE THESE!!!!!!!!!!! As a purist I am drooling as a write. I have been on a search for these. Thomas you do awesome work!!! Please make these and I want a set NOW!!!!!!!!!
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look excellent. I'd assume you will have a set for each year / engine size ?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malkier:

Those look excellent. I'd assume you will have a set for each year / engine size ?

That's the plan. Its going to require some research to get there but I figure I have to start on one year and move out.

Originally posted by pete 2m4:

PLEASE MAKE THESE!!!!!!!!!!! As a purist I am drooling as a write. I have been on a search for these. Thomas you do awesome work!!! Please make these and I want a set NOW!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Pete I will do my best

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-13-2013).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work Tom! I'll take a set when they're complete.
I know where the emissions and jacking decal go. I'll just have to find out where the belong!
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You going to do the big jack decal under the hood, too?
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to spell "vehicle" correctly. The ones in the pics are wrong.

Regarding the jacking instruction decal - I searched the forum and found a link to one offered by a place called Southern Exposure Decals. This was just last week - I ordered one and it looked great. So I peeled off my old one (which was half-peeled anyway) and prepared it to apply the new one. It was at that point I found the new one was a little too big. Not having any more options at that point, I trimmed it so it fits, sort of. I cut off almost all of the black border and tightened the radius on the corners but there's still a little that sticks up around the corners where the adhesive is where they bonded the two pieces of the hood together. It looks, well, more or less OK but had I known it was too big, I would not have bought it.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Fiero Thomas. I have also done every one of those stickers completely from scratch, as well as the Jacking one you mentioned already. I spent countless hours getting the exact fonts for every sticker, and actually had to create a font from scratch for one that I could not find to purchase. More layers and pieces in Photoshop that I could can haha.

I also have posted about the RPO stickers some time ago, and I have those just about available to ship. I have a lot of time, and money invested in the RPO's so far. I was on hold with them until I had the equipment needed. I purchased a Color Laser printer, as well as the die to punch the exact rounded corners on the slip, as well as the overlaying laminate. I was also to obtain the same card stock that was originally used for printing.

I took one up to Frazee to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show for the guys to look over, and everyone approved.

This is the Order Form I have in place for the RPO sheets. It lets the user put in their own RPO's to customize if they wish, as well as attach a photo of their original, as there are 6 different variations of color and font placement that I have come across so far.

Here is the first completed one on my car:

Here is the Jacking sticker. It is comprised of over 50 layers in Photoshop LOL!

I printed out one of the jacking instruction stickers, and then scanned it in my flat bed scanner, then zoomed in on the image, and cropped a small section to show just how high of resolution the stickers really are:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-18-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. I will not work the RPO stickers for sure. You have an awesome setup there for that and they look great. I made a jack one already but you photo is nice and clean as well. I have almost all the sizing worked out. Working on the catalyst ones at this time as well These are printed on a digital printer so they come out perfect. I have a print shop at work that I use for this project. THe printer that I have is perfect for this. It lays down the ink just as the OEM. Its solvent so you have to dry with a heater. Its working well so far. for 16,000 grand it better do the job. It prints in waves so it does not show any lines.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-14-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice.
Do either of you do custom ones? For example if someone had a very custom car and wanted the tire size to read 17 inch or special instructions or data on a V8 swapped car, etc. Or even change the wording on a decal to say "to avoid personal injury sit down shut up and hang on".
?

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a set Tom. They look great. As stated above, the large hood sticker for the Jack would be nice to include too.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am down for 2 sets!
Proud88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be great if someone made replacement stickers for the "Fiero Deck Lid" sticker that must cars are now missing.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, these are great quality!
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Wow, these are great quality!

Thank you. Its all in the printer that you use and I am lucky to have access to the one that I have. It is awesome.

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

It would be great if someone made replacement stickers for the "Fiero Deck Lid" sticker that must cars are now missing.

If meaning the jacking one in front then that is going to be done as well.

Originally posted by zefferk:

I'm in for a set Tom. They look great. As stated above, the large hood sticker for the Jack would be nice to include too.

Sounds Great. I am working on the hood decal today

Originally posted by 2.5:

Looks very nice.
Do either of you do custom ones? For example if someone had a very custom car and wanted the tire size to read 17 inch or special instructions or data on a V8 swapped car, etc. Or even change the wording on a decal to say "to avoid personal injury sit down shut up and hang on".
?

I have decided that I don't want to mess with the decals that have the vin on them. I don't want to be liable if something happenes

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to my DMV tday and they said as long at the original Vin in the dash isnt tampered with the door sticker can be reproduced, but she said the label should read restoration of original on it. She said since there are multiple vin number locations on the car a legible one makes since and if questioned can be confirmed 3 ft away by the Vin in the dash. Checking into it Shelby and a few other companys recreate them also in restorations.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

I have decided that I don't want to mess with the decals that have the vin on them. I don't want to be liable if something happenes

Which ones have the VIN?

thanks
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which ones have the VIN?

thanks

There is one on the door of the car with the vin on it.

FIRST 4 decales are are made, sized and spell corrected. Getting close. I should have photos later

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-14-2013).]

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should you decide to make the Vin sticker for the door, ill sign any waiver you might decide to make up resolving you from any wrong doing. but if you decide not to thats ok too. BTW those look OEM. great work!! ill prob order a set anyway
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

should you decide to make the Vin sticker for the door, ill sign any waiver you might decide to make up resolving you from any wrong doing. but if you decide not to thats ok too. BTW those look OEM. great work!! ill prob order a set anyway

Sounds good. I am going to do a test print tonight of them in there actual sizes and post photos later i hope.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possible to do custom emissions label?
2.0 3.0 3.3 and so on.
Could change the statement to This vehicle can exceed EPA regulations
for blank model year.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 08-14-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After much work for the past two days. I have them all sized up and ready to roll. I am working on the jacking and storage one still. But here us the rest and where they go. I will show you a before and after as well. Please note this is a test print to get to the final resolution to process them at. I smudged the paper as well. I was to excited and did not let them dry enough.

Drivers door decal

Rear Decklid

Front top radiator support

front radiator support

86 2.8 caralyst rear decklid. good for auto and man Need photos of other years other then 88 to see and work them

Jacking decal left

jacking decal right side

Old

old

I will post refurb soon

How we looking???

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 08-15-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the decals more today. Trying to find the right DPI to work with to make the letters solid and not have any bleed to them.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are awesome. With all the mods being done to my build car, I would need to customize almost every sticker. LOL
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look awesome...I would definately be interested in a set of these.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on the Jack and stowing instructions decal. I have made a few and are working hard to get this one done. I hope to have it good by the middle of next week and I will post a photo. This is a hard one to make with all the angles on it. I have several examples here that I am working with. When this one is done I will start on the 88 catylst one. That will be worse I think to make but I will give it a go.

Thank you for your waiting a couple of more days but I want to make the best before I sell them to you guys.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

PFF
System Bot
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait Tom! Thanks for doing this!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look nice. This decal was on the sun visor of my 87 GT. I saved the decal when the sun visor was recovered. So there is another one that you may want to reproduce.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

front radiator support

Hi, this one looks like it has "jaggies", or junk an image might get from being over compressed. I was just checking to see if thats just the on screen image or the decal?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi, this one looks like it has "jaggies", or junk an image might get from being over compressed. I was just checking to see if thats just the on screen image or the decal?

Ya that's the fine tuning that I have to do. If you look in the first post its nice and clear. This is from using to much ink. I have to dial that part in.

They will look great or there is no reason to do them. I hope to run my next print tomorrow.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... I have to dial that part in.

They will look great or there is no reason to do them. I hope to run my next print tomorrow.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought...
Reproduce 3800, 4.9 and (maybe) Allante emission stickers.
Or maybe a "hybrid" that says 4.9, with the Allante manifold and hose routing.
One with a manual tranny label?

If it's worth your trouble...

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here it is the stowaway decal. Took a few days but it is all there 100% This is a photo of it off of a laser. I want to print it and post what it looks like. For now this is what I have for you.

This unit is 100% accurate and dead on the money.

Next I am going to work on the black 88 catylst decal. I have a few photos to work with but this is also going to be new.

I need to order paper to print all this on then to the mall it goes

WHOS IN?? and thank you for your time on this as well.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you selling complete sets of decals or individual decals? I'd rather get a complete set as after 26 years most are pretty beat.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Are you selling complete sets of decals or individual decals? I'd rather get a complete set as after 26 years most are pretty beat.

Yes the whole package will be sent as a complete decal set. This will go for 35.00 for the whole set.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

FieroNews

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors