Hotchkis Performance grand opening! by La fiera
Started on: 08-10-2013 04:48 PM
Replies: 8 (407 views)
Last post by: La fiera on 08-12-2013 04:11 PM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got invited to the grand opening of the Hotchkis Performance shop in Mooresville, NC and it was great.
Met Mr. Hotchkis himself and he gave me very nice complements about the Fiero. One of their designers kept knotting his head when saw me pulling in.
The photographer was also impressed with the car. Its cool that a 28 year Fiero still gets people atttention!
Here is the link and enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photo...7634953719011/page2/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks great! How's it running with the latest intake design?
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Your car looks great! How's it running with the latest intake design?

The Funnel Ram is not done yet but I'm looking forward to it. With every intake I've done there has been an increase in power.
With everything staying the same and just changing intake designs the progress has been as follows:
1st intake 155whp@5800rpm
2nd intake 168whp@6000rpm
3rd intake 173whp@6100rpm
I have the new injectors, fuel rails and the regulator. We are just working on the plenum size and shape.
Even though I'm building this intake for my Super Natural 3.4, I'll install it first in the 2.8 to work the bogs out as far as fitting the throttle cable, fuel lines, etc.
We'll keep you guys posted once its done.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures, must have been nice to see that shop in person. Your fiero is looking pretty awesome!
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Hochkis family are good people. I have met them at work several times and been on the phone with them for work. They make nice product but sorry nothing for Fiero's.

Keep in mind they know the Fiero well as the Father raced the Wynns 962 Porsche in IMSA back in the 80's at the same time the Fiero GTP light and GTU programs were in action. The son today races the same 962 in Vintage racing. these folks are real racers.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The Hochkis family are good people. I have met them at work several times and been on the phone with them for work. They make nice product but sorry nothing for Fiero's.

Keep in mind they know the Fiero well as the Father raced the Wynns 962 Porsche in IMSA back in the 80's at the same time the Fiero GTP light and GTU programs were in action. The son today races the same 962 in Vintage racing. these folks are real racers.

Yes they are. I was talking to the vice president about our situation. He said IF he does a Fiero TVS (Total Vehicle System) the geometry will be improved.
This was a conversation we had, that does not mean he will do something like that for the Fiero market. I will find out how much it will be for a prototype kit for my car made by them. After all I use my car for track days and soon will be racing in Time Trials.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see the intake working out for you, cool experience!
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TIP: If you don't have velocity stacks at top if your runners -inside the plenum- add them they can cut down on internal turbulence and add maybe 10-15% to the flow. Yeah they can be a PIA to weld etc but they're worth it. Neat car BTW

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 08-12-2013).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

TIP: If you don't have velocity stacks at top if your runners -inside the plenum- add them they can cut down on internal turbulence and add maybe 10-15% to the flow. Yeah they can be a PIA to weld etc but they're worth it. Neat car BTW

Yes, you are right Francis. The way I designed it all the runners together make a big trumpet inside the plenum.
Thank you for the tip!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock