NATES 88 Restoration by Pegasus88GT
Started on: 08-10-2013 04:07 PM
Replies: 16 (651 views)
Last post by: Pegasus88GT on 09-22-2013 02:24 PM
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was just over a year ago that I got my first Fiero. It was an 88 GT 5 speed that had been sitting in a barn since 2001. It has a gray interior that is in very good shape with premium sound and power lumbar support. It took a little bit of work to get it running and on the road but it was inspected in January. I drove it during my second semester at college and worked some minor bugs out of it. It was scheduled to get painted in time for the 30th but got pushed back until after the show. That left me in the work in progress class lol. Anyway I just got it back after getting painted and here are some pictures! The color I chose is Indy Yellow Pearl or Spa Yellow that is found on the Honda NSX and Honda S2000. I had the beltline trim, mirrors, and decklid vents done in gloss black.

The day I got it:

After paint:

Here's a video I made:

http://youtu.be/-WRz3v57mCM

[This message has been edited by Pegasus88GT (edited 08-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.....nice job.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice!!!
Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great video on a really nice car. Good job!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! I love that color.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! The pics don't quite capture the true color of the car but it's pretty close. I know some people are against the whole gloss black look but it really pops I think and I'm glad I went with that look.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Nate! The car looks fantastic and I love the personalized plate. Nice job.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I love it! I'm really glad our personalized plates are reasonable. I've heard in other states the prices they charge are out of control.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice paint and color choice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the paintjob cost?
Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I was quoted originally at $2500 but after I told him about my paint choice, it being pearl, that added another $200. Then over half of the panels were in such bad shape that they needed re-gel coated so that added some cost. The final price was $2950 which I was happy with. There's no orange peel and I think I got a better job than some of the shops that quoted me at $5000+. He also redid my tail lights which turned out absolutely phenomenal.
PFF
System Bot
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the inside of the hood, deck lid and doors get painted as well? I'm kicking around the idea of going from black to orange. I may keep the inside of hood and deck lid black, but I think the inside of the doors will need to match the body.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really nice job!!!
Great car!!

------------------
Christophe **1986 PONTIAC FIERO - V6/2,8L**

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

Did the inside of the hood, deck lid and doors get painted as well? I'm kicking around the idea of going from black to orange. I may keep the inside of hood and deck lid black, but I think the inside of the doors will need to match the body.

I did not have the inside of the decklid, hood, and doors completely redone. What he did do was spray the inside edges black on the door, hood, and decklid to eliminate any overspray. It turned out really nice and like he said you will never be able to tell what color it was before.
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pegasus88GT:

Then over half of the panels were in such bad shape that they needed re-gel coated so that added some cost.

Nice looker Nate. What condition or conditions required re gel coating?

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That paint looks so clean you could eat off it. Worth every penny.

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by What about Bob:

Nice looker Nate. What condition or conditions required re gel coating?

Well the fiberglass was really badly chipped up and there were spider web cracks everywhere. It was basically from sun damage. Here's a video I did of the before and after. The lens was fogged up at the beginning but you can still see a bit of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock