Started on: 08-06-2013 09:19 AM
Replies: 23 (990 views)
Last post by: ltlfrari on 08-09-2013 07:33 AM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
USA Today

That's not going to help the Fiero's reputation. I'm not sure how someone would actually live in one though.

Monroe County Court in August 2012 sided with the township and ordered Newell to vacate and never again occupy or use the property unless he had the permits to do so. The report said Newell had been living out of a car, a 1984 Pontiac Fiero, and in abandoned buildings since being ordered to vacate.

RIP to the victims and my condolences to the families

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 08-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh boy now the cops will be after us. LOL On the other hand may be people will leave us alone and not try to make us mad. LOL
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be just too easy.....
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is the car for sale now ?

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its Uhlanstan!!!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a Rockne Newell did used to post in the yahoo group as recently as last year, so he must have had internet in his Fiero.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-06-2013).]

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Oh boy now the cops will be after us. LOL On the other hand may be people will leave us alone and not try to make us mad. LOL

That would be PROFILING and that's not legal.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Its Uhlanstan!!!

LOL, so that's what Uhlanastan looks like then Hehehe.... Jeez I hope not. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad story all around.

In the pic those look like the chrysler wheels alot of Indy owners want.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be as pissed as him if I had to live in my Fiero and had to leave my property. I can easily see that ending how it did.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 08-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully you wouldnt shoot anyone.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I would be as pissed as him if I had to live in my Fiero ......

He needed an 88 with the lumbar support
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else look at him and think Santa Cause...... Or at least he could have Played Santa Clause.

I can see he was a Die Hard Fiero nut, he lost everything, and still did not sell his Fiero, take his Fiero to a pawn shop.........

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
I would be as pissed as him if I had to live in my Fiero

Funny.
Local news this morning said that they condemned his property and evicted him because there was SOOOOO much junk. Suppose it was all his Fiero parts cars? LOL... i know, wrong.

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was getting ready to make a thread. Wonder if he ever been to this site?

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if any of the eastern PA guys I cruise with have ever ran into this dude. Sad story.
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't Fiero's come from the country of Uponjackstands ?
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

Don't Fiero's come from the country of Uponjackstands ?

I thought they came from the state of nonrunning , or the city of upinsmoke. LOL I know also wrong .
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So thats what happened to Loyde of Fast Fieros......

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-07-2013).]

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was not actively participating in the local Fiero meets or cruises. I've never seen him before.
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This story may have a bit more to it then it seemed at first. The town condemned his property and had a sheriffs sale. The town then bought the property at the sale. Seems strange that when in a time that most towns are cutting budgets, this town had the money not only to buy the property, but have to pay to clean it up as they now own condemned property. The day of the shooting, his father warned the chief of police that he thought his son planned some thing bad, and owned weapons, but didn't know what he planned. The police did nothing because the chief said the warning was not specific. Never occurred to him that as the town had condemned his property and and then bought it up that the guy might do something at the town meeting that night.

It seems a shame that with these red flags, nothing was done to try to protect those people.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one owns property in this country anymore. If you think you do, try not paying your taxes or missing a mortgage payment. No matter how much of a slob he is, I don't think it was right for the county to evict him like that. Legal? probably. Right? no. I understand the county's point of view trying to protect the local environment. I think they would've gotten further if they had offered assistance instead of a notice. But, it also wasn't right for him to respond in the way he did. Anyway, back to the Fiero. It is possible live out of one. My nearly 6' tall buddy managed to live out of mine for a week while he borrowed it for a road trip from Ohio to California.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read your headline and wondered how he got three other people into his Fiero to have a town meeting!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock