NAPA not carrying parts for Fieros anymore by larini74
Started on: 07-30-2013 08:05 PM
Replies: 11 (794 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 04-29-2014 10:19 AM
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just tried looking up parts for my Fiero on NAPA's webpage, and Fiero isn't even listed under Pontiac.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still see Fiero

robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's still there for me. Nothing very specific though, bulbs, lubes, connectors, etc.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

I just tried looking up parts for my Fiero on NAPA's webpage, and Fiero isn't even listed under Pontiac.

You have to make sure and include the year....that dictates what models are included under Pontiac

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked up 1987 Pontiac Fiero on napaonline.com for my local store (40422) and it shows 1359 parts. Now many of the Fiero specific parts might not be stocked locally, but they can get then in a day or two most of the time.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NAPA was the last part s house to try & stock american made parts ,,they built a new NAPA part store close to me ,,but american s hate american parts & they closed in about 2 years
I have given up !!american men prefer Chinese or foreign parts !!american parts cost more ,I still some times ask
you are now starting to reap what you have planted, your jobs have gone to another country keep up the good work,,you are fortunate that america has one last run
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i went to buy a new clutch kit for my 86 gt Napa told me all fiero Clutch kits are sold without Warranty now. go figure!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My local napa has "next day" availability to most FIERO tune up and brake items (except calipers) but the prices they are charging are way out of line with any other parts store in my area. Looks like they are pricing the slow moving parts at a premium figuring they can't be found elsewhere and we (I) will pay the price. So far they are very wrong and have lost my other vehicle parts business.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

NAPA was the last part s house to try & stock american made parts ,,they built a new NAPA part store close to me ,,but american s hate american parts & they closed in about 2 years
I have given up !!american men prefer Chinese or foreign parts !!american parts cost more ,I still some times ask
you are now starting to reap what you have planted, your jobs have gone to another country keep up the good work,,you are fortunate that america has one last run

shen me niao.
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The website shows plenty for my 84', almost enough to rebuild the entire car. Every sensor and part I have purchased recently is Made in the U.S.A. and come with at minimum a 3/36K warranty. The quality of the part is obvious as soon as you open the box, I don't mind paying extra to get quality and support American jobs.

The fact is labor cost more here than abroad, we all know that. You gotta pay to play.
I stopped shopping elsewhere, not to mention the guys actually know mechanics vs the kids the other stores hire these days.
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get all the calipers for my 85 SE. They were rebuilts from Salt Lake City, Utah. The quality was head and shoulders above the other national chains. AND the emergency brake actuators actually worked! I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the quality and only do it once, than buy on the cheap and have to repeat the process sooner. Just my experience with NAPA.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

The website shows plenty for my 84', almost enough to rebuild the entire car. Every sensor and part I have purchased recently is Made in the U.S.A. and come with at minimum a 3/36K warranty. The quality of the part is obvious as soon as you open the box, I don't mind paying extra to get quality and support American jobs.

The fact is labor cost more here than abroad, we all know that. You gotta pay to play.
I stopped shopping elsewhere, not to mention the guys actually know mechanics vs the kids the other stores hire these days.

Originally posted by sledcaddie:

I was able to get all the calipers for my 85 SE. They were rebuilts from Salt Lake City, Utah. The quality was head and shoulders above the other national chains. AND the emergency brake actuators actually worked! I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the quality and only do it once, than buy on the cheap and have to repeat the process sooner. Just my experience with NAPA.

What they said.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock