Price check on a 87gt with a 3800 by The_potatoking
Started on: 07-27-2013 03:02 PM
Replies: 9 (456 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 07-29-2013 12:46 AM
The_potatoking

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Not sure if this should go here or the classifides. Sorry)I think I'm going to sell my fiero project. It's been sitting for like 5 years. It's got a 3800sc sitting in it. And I got a brand new harness from fieroflyer. It has kyb shocks all the way around (new 5 years ago. No miles) fiero store swaybar added. Has cosmetic stuff wrong with it from being stored. (Cracked windshield and sail panels an stuff). Doesn't run needs swap stuff. (I have the swap harness, hoses, and a new Camaro flywheel to be cut down.) it's a 5 speed getrag that was pulled apar and gone through when the 2.8 was removed. Has 120,000 miles in the car. I got it in California where I'm from so there is no rust. I'm located in middle Tennessee. Anybody got a guess as to what Is fair to ask for the car

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An unfinished project won't command a high price... probably less than you've got in the parts and suspension unless the car was purchased on the cheap. I'm not in the market but I'd throw a couple grand if everything is near ready to install and the car doesn't have any rust or serious issues aside from no engine.

Prices are climbing on Fieros but not so much on project cars. It may be cool to check it out, though. Best of luck.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the G8?
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was offered $5,000 for a runnng, complete 88 3800 T-top swap. There's a guy here on the forum selling an almost complete fastback 3800 swap for $2500 that is running but needs muffler and some other little things. He's had it up for a while now. Given the status of yours, I think you may get $2000 and have a bunch of offers under that. It's harder to sell a project then a runner, but you lose money either way.... good luck
The_potatoking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't planning on getting a million bucks out of it. I know how the car game goes. Lol
I'd be happy to see 2500 bucks out of it. The only thing actually wrong with the car is the windshield is cracked, the sail panel is cracked, and a taillight is cracked. ( and it has a grant steering wheel. The stock one melted out brown stuff from the stitching.)
The_potatoking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The_potatoking

63 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Scuzzbomer take a trip up here to clarksville and come have a look at it. (Take her away.)
I drove the car from Cali to here on the 2.8 engine in 2008 drove it around here till I got the 3800 in late 2009 started te swap. I deployed for 2010-2011 so it was in storage from 2010-2012. Got sick of paying the storage so I pulled it out in 2012 and did some more work on it (meaning bought more stuff) and here I sits. I have this. a 66 bug, , a g8, 2 86 corollas, a Nissan 240, a dodge 2500, and a 72 nova. And not a single bit of spare time. So I'm having a firesail!!!!
Shoot me a text 9094358206
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
- I see a $200-$300 car.
- $300 engine IF it's a good running 3800.
- Miscellaneous swap parts ~ which I could only give it a 10% value. -$100. Worth more if it was parted out and sold in the mall. (shipping cost + time consuming)
- This would most likely have to be taken apart and completely inspected and redone.

IMHO I value this at $600.

It's in about the worst possible stage of completion to try and sell it.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

The_potatoking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap 200-300$ car. Maybe I should just take it to pic apart by your logic. (They will pay 400)
You seem like a very unhappy person and I hope your life gets better than whatever has you in a crabby mood now
The_potatoking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The_potatoking

63 posts
Member since Oct 2009
I suppose I'll just put the car togeather guys. Thanks for the helpful insight. And I'll never sell my g8. It's amazing lol
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good taste in cars. I have a G8 as well. 2009.5 G8 GT and I love it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock