Started on: 07-25-2013 08:06 PM
Replies: 216 (15583 views)
Last post by: gt40racer on 11-11-2015 01:09 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Persistence paid off!

@gt40racer thanks for your service, and I was so sad to see how many people, including yourself was screwed over by Dean Cain. I hope the chop top glass is still with the car, as Dean took things from cars to build other cars with. JohnnyRottin's brand new motor ended up in someone else's car.

It would be interesting to see some photo's of the car as it sits now.
IP: Logged
gt40racer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also interested. When I dropped the car off at Deans it had the Archie glass installed, quad 4 HO engine. new clutch, new brakes, new ball joints and poly bushings all around, stainless brake lines, Gt steering wheel. The chop top needed to be properly welded and front and rear glass installed. The front windshield was cracked but intact. I purchased the original car for $2000, paid Archie $1500 for the side glass and another $800 for a rebuilt Quad 4. Just in car and parts alone I've probably spent close two $5K. I realize these projects never are a good return on investment but I didn't plan on losing everything. I think Dean had good intentions when he started his business but it looks like things spiraled out of control in a few short years. It's a shame.
Thanks again Deezer for contacting me through Facebook. I normally only use Facebook and messenger on my iPhone but today I checked on my laptop and just recently learned about the "others" folder that hides messages from people that aren't your "Facebook friends". Lesson learned. Although I wonder why I never got an email about this? Doesn't my profile include my email address?

[This message has been edited by gt40racer (edited 09-06-2014).]

deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Deezil*

No problem.

I sure hope you can reclaim at least something.
gt40racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Deezil. Is that a take on Diesel?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... I almost can't believe that, after a year, someone finally got in touch with him. Cool
gt40racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's been a while but I thought I would resurrect this post since my son has expressed some interest in the choptop Fiero we started but didn't' finish several years ago. streetstockSS83 said he wanted to buy it for $1000 but that deal fell through and I haven't heard from him. I still have the title and if anyone is interested I would sell it. The car would have to be collected from GA if it still exists. I'm working overseas now so I would have to mail the title to the new owner.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt40racer:

I know it's been a while but I thought I would resurrect this post since my son has expressed some interest in the choptop Fiero we started but didn't' finish several years ago. streetstockSS83 said he wanted to buy it for $1000 but that deal fell through and I haven't heard from him. I still have the title and if anyone is interested I would sell it. The car would have to be collected from GA if it still exists. I'm working overseas now so I would have to mail the title to the new owner.

I am interested but still have not received an answer on what is included in the price ...... can pics be email to me at admin at tylerstoy d o t com
Thanks
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-25-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt40racer:

When I am done with Johns car Perhaps I can finish yours up too depending how bad it is. With Johns we basically saved the windows and had to start over from scratch . Get the car into your hands or someone you know for now and lets see where it goes I might have time next summer to take it on. Pm me..
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Called Chuck tonight because I was interested in Lance Mullen's car.... he says the car was sold.... uuuhhh now I really dont get it ??? I received an email from Lance with pics saying it was sitting in Chuck's driveway .... uuh nope Chuck says it was sold for storage fees and stripped down ?? Can anyone lighten me here ?

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-27-2015).]

streetstockSS83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetstockSS83Send a Private Message to streetstockSS83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey its me Chuck
NO the cars are all safe
I did not know who was calling me and 1/2 asleep
this last year I have had too many scammers saying they were friends of Lance or Know him
As well as saying they wanted kermit too.
As I still have Deans Green car also and all the 355 Ferrari parts

when I hear from Lance and get confirmation yes what ever he says Goes.
I was only here to Safeguard a Active Military Mans Property. It was the least I could do.
I only wish I could afford to buy it.

Phone
706 669 7509

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by streetstockSS83:

Hey its me Chuck
NO the cars are all safe
I did not know who was calling me and 1/2 asleep
this last year I have had too many scammers saying they were friends of Lance or Know him
As well as saying they wanted kermit too.
As I still have Deans Green car also and all the 355 Ferrari parts

when I hear from Lance and get confirmation yes what ever he says Goes.
I was only here to Safeguard a Active Military Mans Property. It was the least I could do.
I only wish I could afford to buy it.

Phone
706 669 7509

No problem will call you back tomorrow .... you did sound asleep when ya answered
regards
Danyel

PFF
System Bot
brandosfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anything ever happen with this car for sale....
gt40racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I don't check this thread often. If anyone is interested in buying this car please email me at gt40racer@yahoo.om. As far a I know the car is still intact. I hold the title and would like to see the car go to someone who is interested in completing it.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cannot fathom how some people could be so cold, so uncaring and so callous as to steal from others. This forum has had a share of these people. I hope that there is a happy conclusion to this thread.
Whether a person is a devout Christian as myself , or a secularist with good intentions, you can bet on one sure thing "what goes around comes around". There is no escaping this, but some people just don't get it. .
gt40racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: I called Chuck and he told me he still has the car and still wants to buy it. He said he will wire the money to me asap. I'll post another update when that happens. So as of now the Fiero is
not stolen.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean did a dummy and screwed over people. Then some of us went all in to make a wrong right. 2 years later it is coming along......... Almost done fellas~!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-12-2015).]

gt40racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40racerClick Here to visit gt40racer's HomePageSend a Private Message to gt40racerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck had come through and wired me $750 of the$1000 we agreed on. The rest week be paid next month. Hopefully he will week on the car and finish it. I'd love to see this HO Quad 4 Choptop on the road! So after 3 years and lots of drama this story has a bittersweet ending.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock