How pissed off should I be? by CowsPatoot
Started on: 07-24-2013 01:10 AM
Replies: 42 (1502 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-29-2013 06:41 AM
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be pissed off royally, though i would cool off get quotes on part pricing, and the repair work. In any state for any reason a landlord is NOT ALLOWED to move a tenants property unless there is an obvious need such as safety, and you then tennant need to be made aware of such proceedings. The land lord also needs to clear if having the house painted at that time is not incontinent to you the tenant or if you have any health problems that may be exacerbated by the fumes.
IP: Logged
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Piqua, Ohio....1am

Originally posted by JimmyS:

That trailer is cursed. Sell it, junk it, give it away or something but buy a different one. LOL

I should have listened to you.

Short version of the story (because I am far too exhausted to care about the details).
Tire blew out. Tire wrapped itself around the axle and brake, shredded the fender, and destroyed the wheel (that part is my fault....I dragged it for a mile or so before we noticed the sparks in the mirror). Through the kindness of strangers, we managed to get back on the road around 5am....empty trailer, minus fender, with a spare tire from a 2004 Ford Escape. The Grand Prix I was towing at the time was driven up separately (SO glad we weren't towing a dead car). We had an extra day planned into this trip to relax by the river in Michigan....that day was spent tracking down a new rim (rims this size are near impossible to find....seems everyone wants them for trailers). Drove out next day with 4 new tires on the trailer (since I wasn't able to find another rim for a spare).

I want to clear up a few things...

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:
If you happen to have a spare minute and cash it would be a good idea to put a back up plate on the jack. Once those things bendin my experience even if you bend it back it will bend there again just from useage.

This trailer is going to need a lot of work at this point...and that will be added to the list. Right now, it looks like it has been through a war zone. It is time for "Trailer version 2.0" with the electric winch and jack, battery, sturdy fenders that I can stand on, ramp storage and tool box.

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:
I know you have resolved yourself to this, but I would be upset. Mostly because you have health issues and you needed the trailer.

I do not use my health issues as an excuse, and do not expect other people to treat me differently because of them. They were only mentioned here to explain why I can't move an 1100lb trailer by myself.

First your landlord should have given you 24 hours notice that they were going to be at the property (or have someone that represents them at the property, ie furnace guy), that is tenant rights (they can't just "pop by").

I WAS notified...and I told the landlord that he could show up at his convenience if my presence wasn't needed. I was upset because the trailer was moved, not because he was there. It didn't take me any research to figure out who moved it.

For that reason alone I would have made him pay for it.

He did a grand total of $40 worth of damage. Seriously...is $40 worth the amount of time and effort that it would take to collect on this? Yes, it is his fault. Yes, I think he should have offered to pay for it. But I can get that $40 back some other way with a lot less effort, and we all walk away without hard feelings.

As far as you making it worse, not you fault. You only made it worse because he put the trailer in that situation. If he had left the trailer alone, none of the extra BS would have happened.

So...you are saying he should be responsible for the extra damage that I did as well? Come on, dude...MY actions are MY responsibility regardless of what led to my carelessness.

Originally posted by Sage:
*footnote* wish I'd have known you were at the 30th, you are one of the folks I'd really liked to have met...maybe I'll make the 35th?

Originally posted by Synthesis:
Kicking myself for not walking over and shaking your hand at the 30th... Didn't know you had been there until the day of the awards, and had no time to try and find you...

I would have liked to have met both of you. I'm sure we will have another opportunity, though.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 07-28-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you made it back safely.
Sounds like a hell of a trip. And a long one, at that.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock