My First Fiero: 1988 GT by rafinger
Started on: 07-24-2013 01:03 AM
Replies: 22 (648 views)
Last post by: rafinger on 07-27-2013 12:05 AM
rafinger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rafingerSend a Private Message to rafingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! I finally got my first Fiero today! I didn't get it on purpose really... Well to start things off, I have always wanted a Fiero since I was little. My dad had one when I was about three up until I was five or six, but sold it after the engine blew. The time came for me to get a car, but he wanted something reliable, yet still sporty, so we half and half on a 2004 Tiburon GT. I really did enjoy the car, but my brother took it to his university a few weeks back since his truck was having trouble. On his way there, I woman in a Prius ran a stop sign and totaled the car. Luckily, no one was injured, well besides the cars that is. After we get a check back from her insurance company, we start looking for a replacement cars. I just so happen to come across a 1988 GT on craigslist. We bought it for only $6300 (I paid half), and that was a steal. The car is clean beyond belief, with only 49,000 original miles on it.

The Tiburon before it was wrecked:

The Fiero!

I know the wheels are a little much, but I'm not going to complain! (I'm 6'3" by the way, and it's still a comfortable ride!)

[This message has been edited by rafinger (edited 07-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Fiero! Looks very clean! How's the interior?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is a beautiful car! The engine compartment looks like it just rolled off the factory line. Congrats!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rafinger:

We bought it for only $6300 (I paid half), and that was a steal. The car is clean beyond belief, with only 49,000 original miles on it.

Lol..Only $6300? Looks like a nice car but price is high at $6300 unless there is a engine swap in the back. Butvlike I sais very nice car and I love that color. I see it has Tx plates..What part of Tx?

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 07-24-2013).]

bw03

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bw03Send a Private Message to bw03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Craigslist? The car was on ebay too and someone looks to have won it. It supposedly came with a bunch of extras. I hope you got those too.

Complete set of original Fiero GT wheels in good condition (see picture) A V8 Archie base model adapter kit to install a SBC V8 in a Fiero. Mr. Mike's custom leather seat covers still in box. New 1 1/2 inch dropped spindle set.  New Corvette style rear fascia and tail lights. New custom car cover and Fiero front Bra. Fiberglass ground effects kit.  Custom fiberglass door panels. Thirteen inch brake conversion in box. There is a new OEM shift cable, a new short throw shift lever and I'm sure there may be other items I have accumulated and not done anything with.  The new rotors, shocks, and polyurethane bushings mentioned above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...?hash=item35c95fb785

Edit: maybe the ebay winner posted the car on craigslist?

[This message has been edited by bw03 (edited 07-24-2013).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good looking car! I may be biased however (its the same color as mine). Medium Red 88 GTs represent!
rafinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rafingerSend a Private Message to rafingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Lol..Only $6300? Looks like a nice car but price is high at $6300 unless there is a engine swap in the back. Butvlike I sais very nice car and I love that color. I see it has Tx plates..What part of Tx?

Well, with the condition the car is in, both my father and I thought it was a fair price. With the exception of one tiny spot on the spoiler, the body and interior are both spotless, along with the low miles on the car.

Originally posted by bw03:

Craigslist? The car was on ebay too and someone looks to have won it. It supposedly came with a bunch of extras. I hope you got those too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...?hash=item35c95fb785

Edit: maybe the ebay winner posted the car on craigslist?

It's funny that you found that! The man that we bought it from purchased the car only a week ago. He bought it for her daughter, but she didn't like it too much, so he put it back up for sale. I see he did make a profit though.... haha
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the car has Texas plates are you anywhere near Austin?
If so, look up Bat City Fieros.
We need some more "active" members in our club.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Good looking car! I may be biased however (its the same color as mine). Medium Red 88 GTs represent!

87 GT Medium Red, here ....but since it isn't an 88. I evidently suck

PS Congrats on the car....it is a beauty!

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 07-24-2013).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

87 GT Medium Red, here ....but since it isn't an 88. I evidently suck

Yeah, its a weird color. It was the most common color in 1987 (because the "regular" bright red wasn't offered that year), but for 1988 it ranks way down the list after bright red, white, black, silver, etc.

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Yeah, its a weird color. It was the most common color in 1987 (because the "regular" bright red wasn't offered that year), but for 1988 it ranks way down the list after bright red, white, black, silver, etc.

I truly love medium red....back when I had my original 86 Fiero (4Cyl SE), my dream Fiero was a Medium Red GT (wing delete). The one I now have is close ...so there is that. On a side note I was close to buying a 2008 Mustang Convertible in a similar color with tan top ...that woulda been sweet too

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

I truly love medium red....back when I had my original 86 Fiero (4Cyl SE), my dream Fiero was a Medium Red GT (wing delete).

Like this? Pic is from 2004; I no longer have the GTU wheels.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Only cheap Fiero owners think like this.

rafinger; Nice car and welcome.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
Only cheap Fiero owners think like this.

rafinger; Nice car and welcome.

Not really....Fiero owners that know how the true market is on Fieros think like this. The market is very soft at this point and has been for several years. Thats why u see nice swapped cars going for the same price or less.

But like I said it is a nice looking car and not knocking it at all. Not gonna clutter up the thread with back and fourth about price of Fieros so will be last reply about it.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharp car and low miles. Seems since I purchased the 87 all I see is the medium red? Must be very popular. According to the 87 dealers book the med red was not run all the time. I'll look it up again.

Man 49K. I didnt think there were any low mileage cars left.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find. Now, it needs to be just a tad lowered and you are golden. Just my thoughts.

------------------

msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car. It looks like it's in excellent condition.

------------------
---------------------
1987 Fiero GT
http://www.84-88fiero.com (New site content coming soon.)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful car!

A medium red GT is my "holy grail" of Fieros.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car and welcome to PFF...

just for a second there... I though you bought Joel's old 88... I loved that car...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

rafinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rafingerSend a Private Message to rafingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

And that is the same car! The guy a bought it from was given a folder from the previous owner that contained pretty much everything ever done to the car, and this printed out ebay auction from 2004 was one of them! I am not familiar with who Joel is... but let him know his car is in good hands!

[This message has been edited by rafinger (edited 07-26-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure it's the same car?

Your car does not appear to be lowered like Joel's and the Mecham side scoops, which are very rare, are now off the car. Even the exhaust is different. Why would someone reverse the hard work done on the car?

I understand wheels and tires can be changed out but why put those champ 500's on the car when the others looked so much better.

Does the VIN match?

I'm thinking it's not the same car, but I could be wrong. Too many differences for me to say it is the same car.
rafinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rafingerSend a Private Message to rafingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Are you sure it's the same car?

Your car does not appear to be lowered like Joel's and the Mecham side scoops, which are very rare, are now off the car. Even the exhaust is different. Why would someone reverse the hard work done on the car?

I understand wheels and tires can be changed out but why put those champ 500's on the car when the others looked so much better.

Does the VIN match?

I'm thinking it's not the same car, but I could be wrong. Too many differences for me to say it is the same car.

Yeah you're right, it's not the same one. I was told the owner that had it before the man I bought it from owned it for 9 years, and the auction was 9 years ago, so I just jumped to conclusions. But it would've been neat if it was the same!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock