Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Pictures wanted for the next 2014 Calendar (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Pictures wanted for the next 2014 Calendar by Christine
Started on: 07-22-2013 11:33 PM
Replies: 85 (2345 views)
Last post by: LZeitgeist on 10-08-2013 10:44 AM
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am making a 2014 30th anniversary calendar this year and I am sure there are a lot of good calendar worthy pictures out there this year. I am taking submissions for the 2014 calendar until October 1st. You still have time to take some good pictures, if you have a good picture or two please send me a PM

The rules are:

High-resolution photos only please send one or two no more than two please.
Include your name, Pennock’s handle, and the location you want shown with your picture (City, State).

Things I want to see: Fieros in interesting places, IE: the 30th show, race track, beautiful scenery in the back ground or cool settings, urban setting are ok too as long as the content is interesting.

Things I do NOT want to see: People posing with cars like Hooters girls on or around your car, any pictures with scantily clad women will be deleted and not considered. This is a calendar featuring Fieros and in interesting places nothing else. Do NOT send pictures of Fieros in driveways, parking lots or anything you would see driving around town.

You do not need to have a show car you just need to have your car in a good picture with interesting content. If the car has a few flaws and the picture is good, I can touch it up and remove a sign or small items, so do not worry about a small flaw if the picture is good.

I make one or two every year for those of you that have not seen them click the link for my past calendars; it will give you a good idea of what I am looking for. http://www.zazzle.com/mileh...g=196061852089418271

Picture Ideas and suggestions:
I would love to see what people have if it is interesting, I like when people think out side the box when taking Fiero pictures, so be creative and make it INTERESTING. Take pictures from above, below, strange angles, different places and INTERESTING places. I like themes too, for example last year Blake did a great picture in a big field of American flags it was cool and different and perfect for July. Look around your area I am sure there are some places people would not think to take pictures, RR depots, old buildings nice or dilapidated, land marks, military stuff, natural wonders, wild life in the back ground, Art like statues of cool or historical stuff, grave yards or cemeteries (black & white would even be cool for these), airplanes, helicopters, NASA or space stuff, I am sure there are more things I could suggest but I will stop and let you think about what your area has to offer and see what you all come up with for this year.

Did I mention to make you backgrounds and picture INTERESTING.

You can submit more pictures later if you get one you like better than the ones you have already sent in. Just let me know so I can add it to you folder if I already made one for you. Just do not send me 10 or 20 pictures please.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 01-01-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Single Fieros only? No rules against previously chosen Fieros is there?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How high is high res enough? Thanks
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Christine's Calendars!... they blow away Fiero Store's...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:
Single Fieros only? No rules against previously chosen Fieros is there?

There is no rule about only being picked for the calendar once, if your Fiero has been in my calendar before it can be chosen again, the best pictures win if a person has one of the top 12-14 pictures they will be in the calendar.

Last year I did a single Fieros calendar and a group shots calendar so either one if fine if I get enough good pictures I may do that again this year.

Originally posted by 2.5:
How high is high res enough? Thanks

Resolution should a minimum of 2000x1500 the picture would be around 750KB or greater, some cameras take better pictures that others so if it is a little less than 2000x1500 (750KB) it might still work but I would prefer them to be around 3200x2000 (1MB) or greater.

Also wide-angle pictures will not work well unless there is a lot of space along the sides as the pictures will need to fit on 8x11, 11x17 and 14x22 formats. In addition, if the car is too close to the edge it may not be useable because when cropping to fit the formats it puts the car too close to the edge or cuts part of it off.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
I love Christine's Calendars!... they blow away Fiero Store's...

Thank you Blake 
SILVERMIST

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures sent. Let me know if you get them.Hope they're what you're looking for.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I sent you some stuff to consider. If you don't like them, I will be doing many more photo shoots between now and October.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can recommend a few but THEY will have to get you the high-res images.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-23-2013).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far I have pictures from:
rpro
SILVERMIST
reholmes
Kendallville

These are pretty good ones so far, we shall see what the competition brings.

Keep them coming.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Christine

1052 posts
Member since Jan 2003

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
I can recommend a few but THEY will have to get you the high-res images.
Shockwave:
Repnblvd:
Charlie64:

Those all look good, the top one has the most interesting background, but I recommend sending them to me and not posting them this way everyone does not get to see them before the calendar is published. I also would like to get the pictures from the owners of the cars as they may not want there car in the calendar. Please have them send them to me if they want to be considered.
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email headed your way. Hope the pictures weren't to big - 4000 x 3000
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent. -Jason
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email and pics sent ~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

Email and pics sent ~Tom

I got the pics from Malkier and Fierofreak00 but I did not get one from you yet. The mail server might be delayed I will check again in the morning and let you know if it came in.

Edit: I did get the emails they were sent to my personal email address, I may not get them if you are sending me email by clicking the button in this thread I get a lot of junk in the email box and I may miss them and it fills up too fast so PLEASE send them to the email address shown in the first post info@milehighfieros.com

Thank you,

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 07-25-2013).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a thought, how about bunching up like 3 or 6 cool engines one month? I know I have a few to photos to send.

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:
Here's a thought, how about bunching up like 3 or 6 cool engines one month? I know I have a few to photos to send.

I am considering other pictures, but if anyone sends pictures of partial cars you should send a picture of the whole car too and do not for get to send extra info about the picture other wise we will not know what is all in the engine or what ever you sent. It depends on what I get I can do a back cover or one of the months.

Originally posted by JimmyS:
Email sent

Got your pictures

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am posting a revised list of things that might be cool and some ideas in this post, because people do not always read the first post after a while they just go to the last page. I will also add the Idea list to the first post. Remember you can submit more pictures later if you get one you like better, just let me know so I can add it to you folder if I already made one for you. Just do not send me 10 or 20 pictures please.

I would love to see what people have if it is interesting, I like when people think out side the box when taking Fiero pictures, so be creative and make it INTERESTING. Take pictures from above, below, strange angles, different places and INTERESTING places. I like themes too, for example last year Blake did a great picture in a big field of American flags it was cool and different and perfect for July. Look around your area I am sure there are some places people would not think to take pictures, RR depots, old buildings nice or dilapidated, land marks, military stuff, natural wonders, wild life in the back ground, Art like statues of cool or historical stuff, grave yards or cemeteries (black & white would even be cool for these), airplanes, helicopters, NASA or space stuff, I am sure there are more things I could suggest but I will stop and let you think about what your area has to offer and see what you all come up with for this year.

Did I mention to make you backgrounds and picture INTERESTING.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent in a couple.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I sent in a couple.

I did get your pictures, nice selection. I can always count on you to get a lot of good pictures.

Thanks
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna play!

------------------

Fieroking Customs

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I wanna play!

I got your pictures
PFF
System Bot
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey this is Anthony with the orange notchie from Texas. I've got 1 or 2 that I will email you tomorrow. Nothing interesting though.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Hey this is Anthony with the orange notchie from Texas. I've got 1 or 2 that I will email you tomorrow. Nothing interesting though.

You still have lots of time to take pictures, you can send them but if you take some you like better send them too.

We had a good time caravanning with you to the 30th.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent a couple of pics
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I sent a couple of pics

I got them
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the pictures coming and remember you still have plenty of time to take some good ones for the 2014 calendar, if you do not already have some.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEVERDONE

I got your picture.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

I would love to see what people have if it is interesting, I like when people think out side the box when taking Fiero pictures, so be creative and make it INTERESTING. Take pictures from above, below, strange angles, different places and INTERESTING places. I like themes too, for example last year Blake did a great picture in a big field of American flags it was cool and different and perfect for July.
(Did I mention to make you backgrounds and picture INTERESTING.)

Why Thank You Mrs. Chris!

Lets put some color in this thread why don't we?!
This isn't the calendar shot from 2013, but it serves to illustrate your point(s).

a flag shot

lying flat on my arthritic back... sometimes a good pic require some pain...

Looking forward to the next edition, and any other photos people might like to share.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-14-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

I also would like to get the pictures from the owners of the cars as they may not want there car in the calendar. Please have them send them to me if they want to be considered.

A group of cars on the track at the 30th would not work then I suppose?
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A group picture is fine I am going to make two calendars like I did last year one with single Fieros and one with group shots of gatherings and events.

So if you send a group shot tell me where and when the event was held so I can put that at the bottom of the picture.

So far I have more single Fiero pictures so I would love to get more group shots. The Group shot rules are a little loser as I am aware you cannot get them with out people, building and stuff so send me your favorites. If I only get a few grope shots I may just make one calendar and use the group shots for the cover and back page.

Last years group shot calendar http://www.zazzle.com/fiero...r-158404457510476821
Last years single Fieros calendar http://www.zazzle.com/mile_...s-158442516383814588

As you can see a couple of the single car pages have some cars in the background as I had a limited number of pictures to choose from last year as I did not start making it until late in the year.

So keep the pictures coming as I would like to have a better selection to choose from this year.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 08-15-2013).]

hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Oosky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyphynator1984:

awesome fiero!!! love the colors and the flames!
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Originally posted by Oosky:

awesome fiero!!! love the colors and the flames!

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice Fiero! I would love to see a picture or two of it in a nice location with a nice background. I hope you take it out an get a few good pictures and send them to me!
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
having trouble moving it. maybe someone can photoshop?? ill try today to move it.
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyphynator1984

137 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

very nice!! is it red or pink? looks kinda pink on my screen. either way its awesome!!
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its red but turns a little pink and purple at a certain angle. But its red.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its red but turns a little pink and purple at a certain angle. But its red.

thats so cool. i love color changing paint. mine is purple but changes to blue and reddish/pink in certain lighting!
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oosky:

thats so cool. i love color changing paint. mine is purple but changes to blue and reddish/pink in certain lighting!

Yours sounds cool too. If you have any good pictures please send me a few. Please don't post them here first I like my calendar pictures to be fresh and not viewed on the forum first.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock