Another Fake Fiero in Chicago by fiero2man
Started on: 07-22-2013 06:12 PM
Replies: 33 (880 views)
Last post by: dobey on 07-24-2013 11:41 AM
fiero2man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do I forward to the pennocks site, the Chicago Craig listing of a 85 FieroGT Fastback and how to forward the obnoxious replied emails implying he knows best. He even lists his address on Ogden ave, ( Lyons, Illinois ??). me think he has either a fake title or an altered VIn number. You got it...he's a mechanic, knows all about Fiero's and we are the dummies. Replys please to forward info to pennocks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should be able to copy and paste the link into your email, word document, etc.

Mike Parker
fiero2man

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, I'm not to swift with computerese. How do I do dat ???
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero2man:

Right click on the add before opening it up. A page will fall, and it will have "copy shortcut" about midway down. Select that, and when you post, right click the input field (where we are writing now) and it will ask if you would like to "paste". Select "Paste" and you are done.

Your welcome...
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/3941702832.html

Just ask for a VIN , thats the easiest way to tell what a car really is.
------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-22-2013).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it fake? Looks to be well represented, but over priced. Just my opinion.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one?
http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/3941702832.html

It appears to just be a 1985 Fiero with a Fastback conversion and without the Aero nose. Good looking Fiero. I wouldn't pay his offering price. I wouldn't call it a fake either, he has it listed as a 1985 Fiero, thats not misleading or does he insist that its a GT either. I don't see where you are saying that he knows everything about Fieros either. He just says that they have kept up on regular maintenance.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Why is it fake? Looks to be well represented, but over priced. Just my opinion.

I guess he is talking about the fastback rear . Seems legit to me as well, lots of people have put fastback clips on notchie Fieros.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You got it...he's a mechanic, knows all about Fiero's and we are the dummies. Replys please to forward info to pennocks.

LOL, whoops!

Kevin
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Odd, I don't see anywhere that the guy claims it's a GT in the listing.

1985 pontiac fiero - $4500 (9018 ogden avenue)

This is for a great condition 1985 pontiac fiero. This car has 114,000 miles on it and is owned by a independent service repair center. This car is fully upkept with all its scheduled maintenance done, recent complete paint job done, brand new brake job front and rear, brand new oem leather seats, 18" aluminum wheels with tires, new struts and shocks, new fuel pump, complete front end done with new rack and pinion, this car mechanically and physically is immaculate.

A Must See!!!

The only place I see GT in that add is in the pictures, but they didn't make those quarter panel windows without GT on them did they? So naturally if you do a fastback swap and keep the stock quarter windows those are going to say GT on them. But the seller claiming it was a GT? I don't see it.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could still be an 85 GT. If it had some front end damage at one time, the bumper pad nose could have been substituted, then the rear clip also added. I don't understand why it has the silver striping on the rear deck but not on the front. Or it could have been an 85 SE with all the rear aero and fastback panels swapped.

It has the 85 dash and instrument panel, though the door panels and door trimmed have been swapped out for the darker gray. The console armrest is still light gray light the 85. It can be seen just behind the shift surround.

Brand new OEM leather seats? Looks like the same Mr. Mike's I have in mine.

It has ribbed molding on the front with round molding from the front wheels on back. On the driver's side closeup, looks like the molding wasn't removed before painting. There appears to be a heavy buildup of paint bridging the body and the top edge of the molding just above the intake.

In my opinion, it isn't worth the asking price.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont see fake there. Its just a nice looking Fiero. The silver stripe on just the decklid is interesting, but who knows. Why do Mustangs and Mopars have only black hoods ? Id say its a bit overpriced too. If it runs as good as it looks, Id say it would be a good buy for maybe $3000. I didnt see where he badmouthed any Fiero people at all. He just offered it for sale.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has no aux guages so 4 cyl I suppose we are to guess that? 4 cyl auto it appears. If that floats your boat. Maybe v6 but without aux gages? It has 2 exhaust pipes. Is it the high mph speedo I cant read it? Look slike the caps for the dash corners were added.
Its a bumperpad nose fastback with a GT wheel. Pretty much Multi year everything. I suppose only the all stock folks would mind. It does look nice, I like the color choices. I would wonder if there is blue overspray in the door jams etc, or possibly they are painted body color.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-23-2013).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
It has no aux guages so 4 cyl I suppose we are to guess that? 4 cyl auto it appears. If that floats your boat. Maybe v6 but without aux gages?

The 1985 model V6 Fieros, both GT and 2M6, did not come with the AUX gauge cluster. That was not introduced until 1986. For 1985 models, GT and 2M6 cars received a special gauge setup in the main pod that integrated the work of the oil and volt gauges. 1985 GT and 2M6 interiors will look similar to four cylinder interiors unless you know what to look for.

You could however have a four cylinder car with dual exhaust and it's not uncommon. All aero bodied four cylinder Fieros got dual exhaust (1984 Indy, 1986 4 cyl SE aero, and 1987 4 cyl SE aero).

I carry the sentiment above - it's just a Fiero of some type with a body panel swap of some sort. Is it worth what's being asked? No. But it's honestly nothing out of the ordinary since so many Fieros out there have body panels that have been swapped at some point to customize. Nowhere does the seller state it's a GT or what particular model Fiero it is. Just ask for a VIN, or if he won't give you the whole thing ask for the tenth digit (the designator for the year built) and the fourth and fifth digits (model designator). Although there should be no reason why he won't give you the whole VIN.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 07-23-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

The 1985 model V6 Fieros, both GT and 2M6, did not come with the AUX gauge cluster. That was not introduced until 1986. For 1985 models, GT and 2M6 cars received a special gauge setup in the main pod that integrated the work of the oil and volt gauges. 1985 GT and 2M6 interiors will look similar to four cylinder interiors unless you know what to look for.

You could however have a four cylinder car with dual exhaust and it's not uncommon. All aero bodied four cylinder Fieros got dual exhaust (1984 Indy, 1986 4 cyl SE aero, and 1987 4 cyl SE aero).

Cool to know thanks. I suppose those are GT tips though, the 4 cyl dual exh would be like a formula's, small slanted tips?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Cool to know thanks. I suppose those are GT tips though, the 4 cyl dual exh would be like a formula's, small slanted tips?

the 85SE V6 got slanted dual exhaust tips, like the Formula.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-23-2013).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the "megaphones" exhaust as they're referred to would also be introduced in 1986 for the GT model.

Again, '85 GTs are pretty unique if you know what to look for.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 07-23-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Yes the "megaphones" exhaust as they're referred to would also be introduced in 1986 for the GT model.

Again, '85 GTs are pretty unique if you know what to look for.

Sorry... just to clear things up... the megaphone exhaust came out in the 84 indy and carried over to the 85-88GT and 86-87SE.
fiero2man

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy, did some of you guys miss the point. Several of us replied to his Craigs list ad and received some obnoxious emails as to HE is a expert mechanic and Fiero owners aren't so smart. he denies the 85 GT didn't have a fastback roof, his tiltle shows a 85GT, but as you can see..some of the "Frankenstein" body and parts modifications probably indicate maby a wrecked or severlly damaged car. He's not to happy to supply a VIN. Check out and reply with questions to his Chicago Craigs ad under Fiero's by owner, " 1985 Pontiac fiero ( 9018 ogden ave.) ad # k8x4w-3941702832@sale.craigslist.org Be prepared for some interesting English and attitude.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boy, did some of you guys miss the point. ....

Um, no. You forgot to mention "the point".

Not mad at ya, but just saying. You were the one that misrepresented your OP. Not once, until now, did you mention any of this. I am quite sure that we, or at least I, would have responded differently if we , I were told this information.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Um, no. You forgot to mention "the point".

Not mad at ya, but just saying. You were the one that misrepresented your OP. Not once, until now, did you mention any of this. I am quite sure that we, or at least I, would have responded differently if we , I were told this information.

It is kind of hard to keep track of when the guy has two threads started on the same "subject", or his problem with it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092363.html

I'm not sure why he or anyone else would give a crap as to how a guy list his car anyway. Going after them, especially in this manner makes them look more like an ass then the seller if you ask me. Maybe somebody needs a life.

Kevin
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..he denies the 85 GT didn't have a fastback roof, his tiltle shows a 85GT, .

The title in th ad I saw said
"1985 pontiac fiero - $4500 (9018 ogden avenue) "

Maybe he edited the text. But I agree the seller should do some research and not misrepresent.
fiero2man

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, most of you guys got it, but kevin " lambo Nut" doesn't. Us Fiero guys stick together and try to deal openly and honestly with people, that's what pennocks is all about, and expose people trying to " fool " us. Got that Kevin ???
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is utterly ridiculous the seller will not provide the entire VIN. All you can do with that is run a Car Fax or Autocheck - you can't do anything scrupulous since he has a title. If providing a VIN were such a problem then dealers wouldn't openly post them on their web pages.

Either he is an ignorant individual or is indeed hiding something. I'd just leave this car be and look elsewhere. Don't worry. You'll keep seeing it pop up on Craigslist anyway like every other overpriced Fiero that individuals just seem to hang on to.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, most of you guys got it, but kevin " lambo Nut" doesn't. Us Fiero guys stick together and try to deal openly and honestly with people, that's what pennocks is all about, and expose people trying to " fool " us. Got that Kevin ???

I am going to answer for him...

We would have "gotten it" if you would have gave us the whole story. My ex does shat like this. Tells others that a leaf is falling, but does not tell the whole story of the sky crashing down creating ultimate destruction upon the creatures of the earth.

So yeah, sorry, we did not "get it". Rude....

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-23-2013).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't call it fake. I'm putting a fastback on my '85, & also planning on getting an F355 front bumper.

I also don't see where the ad says it's a GT. It just says 85 Fiero (unless I missed it!)
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a TRUCK LOAD (literally) of parts from this guy about 6-7 years ago. This car is the culminaiton of two or three Fieros.
Not a bad car, but the paint looks much better in pictures than in person. The seller is a......interesting.....individual. (nuff said).
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh I got where you are coming from with your first post. Looks like I'm not the only one, smart ass! Thanks I needed the laugh,you crack me up.

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

I am going to answer for him...

We would have "gotten it" if you would have gave us the whole story. My ex does shat like this. Tells others that a leaf is falling, but does not tell the whole story of the sky crashing down creating ultimate destruction upon the creatures of the earth.

So yeah, sorry, we did not "get it". Rude....

Thanks Tony. You know "Us Fiero guys need to stick together"!

Kevin
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you go around trying to correct every ad for a car on craigslist, or only ones for Fieros that you think you might buy if they were perfect, and $1500?

Because perfect Fieros don't sell for $1500, and everyone isn't perfect. Fieros are over 25 years old. There are going to be frankensteins out there, whether it was due to an accident, or just because someone bought an 85, and then later decided they preferred the fastback style and swapped bodies. Fastback body on a car that was originally not one, is done all the time. And people also swap notchback bodies onto 86-88 GTs. Nobody cares. You aren't going to buy a Fiero for $1500 that isn't going to have some sort of problem within at least the first year, if not within the first 3 months.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to give the full story in the original post like said. If the seller wont give a VIN number, go on to the next ad.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Thanks Tony. You know "Us Fiero guys need to stick together"!

Kevin

Let's just not do it the "whodeanie" way. With popsicle sticks. I don't know. I have not met my required coffee intake yet.
fierodriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodriverSend a Private Message to fierodriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Do you go around trying to correct every ad for a car on craigslist, or only ones for Fieros that you think you might buy ...

Or just the ones we need to be protected from?

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodriver:
Or just the ones we need to be protected from?

And that requires making a thread to tell everyone to mail-bomb the seller with "corrections" why? Or even multiple threads.

If the car isn't what you're looking for, then pass it up. You don't need to abuse the seller to try and make a point (when you're probably wrong anyway). Fieros didn't come with 3.4s or 3800s or 4 speed automatics either, so I guess anyone trying to sell a Fiero with one must be a thief too, right?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock