Started on: 07-20-2013 09:34 PM
Replies: 16 (323 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 07-24-2013 04:29 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My chamois is a little dirty in several areas and for some reason over the years I think I recall someone saying you can wash a chamois.

Thanks,

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierojp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can wash it. I would do it by hand in the sink with a little bit of mild detergent - like dishwashing liquid. But if you have had it for years, maybe just buy a new one or use microfiber towels like the 'wash fanatics' do these days.

Good luck!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierojp:

Yes, you can wash it. I would do it by hand in the sink with a little bit of mild detergent - like dishwashing liquid. But if you have had it for years, maybe just buy a new one or use microfiber towels like the 'wash fanatics' do these days.

Good luck!

I am old and I went to school a long time ago so I am old school and like using my leather chamois. Besides I dont want to BUY one.

Now that I have that checked of the list. Now I have to find a way to keep the neighbors damned cats out of my yard. Tired of them peeing and pooping in my yard. Short of killing them I need to find a way.
thanks

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-20-2013).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Now that I have that checked of the list. Now I have to find a way to keep the neighbors damned cats out of my yard. Tired of them peeing and pooping in my yard. Short of killing them I need to find a way.
thanks

http://landscaping.about.co...a/cat_repellents.htm
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://landscaping.about.co...a/cat_repellents.htm

Thanks Gokart Mozart!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An airsoft pistol (CO2 cartridge powered) is a lot of fun.........
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

An airsoft pistol (CO2 cartridge powered) is a lot of fun.........

I have a bb/pellet gun. Just dont have it around when I see them. Also dont want to get the neighbors in a up roar if I kill the darned cats.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a chamois (used it for years and years) and I finally gave that up for microfiber towels. They work so much better... just be sure to rip the tag off. BTW, Sams Club sells them pretty cheap.

As for cleaning it, yes, a mild detergent will work
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy at work told me to use a slingshot... yes a slingshot dennis the menace style lol. Just load it up with either dog food or small ice cubes. Both hurt really bad and either melt in the rain or on thier own plus being really cheap.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I have a chamois (used it for years and years) and I finally gave that up for microfiber towels. They work so much better... just be sure to rip the tag off. BTW, Sams Club sells them pretty cheap.

As for cleaning it, yes, a mild detergent will work

I agree. The bundle you buy at Sams for $10 are the best ive found for drying. I did find that if you wash them, they dont work nearly as well again. I just use one till its dirty, then use if for cleanup rags. There cheap enough to be disposable. Ditto on the tags.

PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I agree. The bundle you buy at Sams for $10 are the best ive found for drying. I did find that if you wash them, they dont work nearly as well again. I just use one till its dirty, then use if for cleanup rags. There cheap enough to be disposable. Ditto on the tags.

Yup, after washing, they don't work as well... they become shop rags.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually have had the same chamois for about 10 years and it is still going strong with no breakdown of the material. I thought it was some sort of gimmic at first since the chamois is made out of what feels to be wetsuit material. It doesn't rot or stain and you have to actually wet it down before you put it away in its storage tube. One of the best products I have ever bought:
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My chamois is a little dirty in several areas and for some reason over the years I think I recall someone saying you can wash a chamois.

Thanks,

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI

I'm an older guy and have been using chamois for over 40 years and I like using them. When they get dirty I throw them in the washing machine. It doesn't seem to hurt them. I've been using the same two chamois for a few decades and have only needed to wash them a few times.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am old and I went to school a long time ago so I am old school and like using my leather chamois. Besides I dont want to BUY one.

thanks

I HAD that very same problem too, doing their business in our flower bed. Of course the neighbors across the street and up the street feeding the @#$%& cats didn't help any. Went to Harbor Freight and bought an animal trap/cage for $20 (+/-). Every night for five nights I caught a cat. Drove about 10 miles out and dropped them. No more cats and no more cat piss. However, one did show back up about a week later. I took that one again 15 miles the other way on the other side of the dam.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

I'm an older guy and have been using chamois for over 40 years and I like using them. When they get dirty I throw them in the washing machine. It doesn't seem to hurt them. I've been using the same two chamois for a few decades and have only needed to wash them a few times.

Thank you Jim!!!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by FieroTony:
I HAD that very same problem too, doing their business in our flower bed. Of course the neighbors across the street and up the street feeding the @#$%& cats didn't help any. Went to Harbor Freight and bought an animal trap/cage for $20 (+/-). Every night for five nights I caught a cat. Drove about 10 miles out and dropped them. No more cats and no more cat piss. However, one did show back up about a week later. I took that one again 15 miles the other way on the other side of the dam.

The b**** next door would know it was me and we would have...........

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock