Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is there anything special about this particular HotWheel?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there anything special about this particular HotWheel? by JohnWPB
Started on: 07-19-2013 12:49 PM
Replies: 16 (489 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-22-2013 10:20 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a HotWheel for $187.49 on eBay this morning. Is the guy smoking something, or is there something special about this one?

I would really like to know, as I have 2 just like it. Both in mint condition, and one of the packages is also un-punched just like this listing. The ones I have are actually in better shape, as you can see there is somehting all over the plastic on the eBay, as well as the corners on that one are damaged.

Does anyone know anything about this particular one, the value, history ect? They are marked on the back as manufactured in 1982, which probably makes it one of the earliest Fiero merchandise items.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for "smoking something". It would have to be one of a kind for that amount of $$$$$, and like you said, you have two of them.

Rob
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
might be worth something when kmart closes
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either he's smoking something or it's money laundering or his DW insist he sell all his toys so he complied by putting them on eBay knowing they will not sell.
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a fairly common Hot Wheel. Value about $8- $10 in the package
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can NOT see it selling for this ridiculous price, but, I do see this particular one all the time for $20 ~ $30 from different sellers all the time. That is why I was wondering what is so special about this one as well.

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two days left, and no buyers. I put it on my watch list to see what happens.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sellers been listing at that price for IIRC 2 years. Plus notice the limited time discount from $249?!

Las time I looked there were a couple just like it for under $10.

edit.... yes lets all click watch just to make the seller think he has a bite!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-19-2013).]

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I contacted the seller. He tells me its a rare 83 or 89 (cant remember) , but it comes with a factory V8 in it.

Once I win the bidding I am going to have it sent directly to whodeanie to get chopped and customized..

My plan is perfect, what could possible go wrong.

See you at the 30th..
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:
yes lets all click watch just to make the seller think he has a bite!

LOL Good idea! I just added it to my watch list as well. Everyone reading this, if you can, please do the same. See what we can get the "2 watchers" up to in the next couple days LOL!!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more watcher.

Not exactly blowing up his email, but still...
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

One more watcher.

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm the ninth watcher
crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1982 copyright is for the packaging not the car.
If he ever gets that price, I will paint mine the same color and offer it for $10K to the same buyer...
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you see his other auctions?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toy...=1johnmichael&_sop=3

Maybe he is borrowing money against his "inventory" and is trying to boost his collateral value?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-21-2013).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Did you see his other auctions?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toy...=1johnmichael&_sop=3

Maybe he is borrowing money against his "inventory" and is trying to boost his collateral value?

Holy cripes!! Some of his advertisements are just plain ridiculous. I am digging the Davey Crocket belt though! Rock that downtown at the beach!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Holy cripes!! Some of his advertisements are just plain ridiculous..../QUOTE]

And here I thought that you couldn't get good acid any more.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock