Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How to get mouse pee smell out of carpet?????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to get mouse pee smell out of carpet????? by tesmith66
Started on: 07-17-2013 02:22 PM
Replies: 20 (469 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 07-19-2013 02:08 PM
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled the carpets out and cleaned them, then hit them with stain remover (resolve), then power washed them with a mixture of laundry soap and bleach, THEN hit the pee area with a vinegar/water solution.

Now I have very clean, mousy smelling carpet The vinegar works great on dog messes, but didn't even touch the mouse stuff.

What works? I have some Odo-ban enzyme stuff. Will that work?

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If vinegar doesnt maybe not much. New carpet?

Might as well try that odo ban stuff. But consider cost of new carpet about $125 I think..
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nok-out

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fire.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Febreeze first ....that stuff is awesome
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They also offer urine eliminator at places like PetSmart that actually kill the enzymes in urine. That might be worth looking into.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
odo-ban, I had that issue in my IHC truck (in the seat foam). No more smell.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son worked for a detailer this summer and alerted me to a trick they use for stain and smell removal from carpet and seats. They use an old style paint gun up close with an all purpose cleaner/degreaser and water mixture to power blast the materiel. (about 90 psi thru the gun) and then they shop vacuum dry. He did a heavily stained and heavily smoked in car for a neighbor (they got it from a estate sale) and it got cleaner than any other method I've ever seen or smelled!
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Fire.

Hahahaha! This.

~James
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you still have the carpet out of the car, get some Fabuloso and wash the carpet with a good strong solution. I recommended it to dotrenrew and his results were good. It leaves a long lasting Lavendar smell.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-17-2013).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a moose to pee on them. Probably solves the mouse pee problem but creates another one.
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doused it with Odo-ban last night. If that doesn't work, I'll be looking for a moose.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop storing incontinent mice in your car.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Get a moose to pee on them. Probably solves the mouse pee problem but creates another one.

, another way, smoke cigars in the car.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

, another way, smoke cigars in the car.

A stronger odor does not eliminate another odor....it just makes it to where you don't notice it. This is the problem with most air fresheners...they don't get rid of the smell, they just cover it with a "more pleasant" smell. A cigar smoker will not smell the residue from a cigar. If I don't acknowledge the smell, then it isn't going to do anything to cover up an unpleasant smell.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor a bunch of cat piss on the carpet. It will cover the mouse piss smell right up!
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure.

Jim
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get some scissors and cut the stain out !!
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until you pull the carpet out and clean the both sides of the carpet and the floor pan area the smell will keep coming back.
Then after the odo-ban let it sit in the sun for a day or two the uv usually will kill off anything you missed.
~Zep
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the plan. They have been out for months and I have thoroughly cleaned them and put them in the sun to dry. The Odo-ban seems to have worked, so I'm going to hit them with that again and leave them out in the sun all weekend. I'm also replacing ALL of the padding, scouring and painting the interior metal and putting down some Dynamat like material.

I have also discovered they have been in the area ahead of the shifter. Going to clean all of the interior including the duct work and am replacing and / or thoroughly cleaning everything.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little late to the party but hydrogen peroxide kills organic matter - do a test on it first to make sure it doesn't bleed the color (and all the other usual warnings).
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock