Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many of you have painted your own Fiero? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many of you have painted your own Fiero? by Fformula88
Started on: 07-17-2013 12:20 PM
Replies: 47 (3884 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-26-2013 04:59 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need a wireless doorbell with 2 push buttons and two chime/bells whereas either button will ring both chimes/bells.

If possible the ability to download my choice of sound such as a Caxton horn would be nice.
Thanks
Francis

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

IP: Logged
Pontiacguy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiacguy86Send a Private Message to Pontiacguy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i did this myself right where it sits. i took off the bumpers fenders hood and deck lid off. sanded them down primed it, base coat and clear coated. and this was my first time painting anything and i think it came out pretty good. its not perfect there are a few flaws here and there but over at its good. better than the two tone faded original paint it had. it was over all pretty easy
crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

We need a wireless doorbell with 2 push buttons and two chime/bells whereas either button will ring both chimes/bells.

If possible the ability to download my choice of sound such as a Caxton horn would be nice.
Thanks
Francis

I have a pair of 110VAC fire alarm klaxons that I was thinking of putting on my Fiero and powering with an inverter.
I think that might get noticed better than the road runner 'beep beep' horns it came with...

I found an epoxy product by JB Weld for plastic body panels, eight tenths of an ounce for six bucks.
I have tried it on a door panel and it is very nice, now I need to see how it works on the hood.
The nice part, I found it at Meijers in the automotive paint section!

[This message has been edited by crashyoung (edited 07-26-2013).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol I thought I sent that doorbell question elsewhere not to PFF?
BTW, we found what we needed and it works great.

What I wanted to say here was, with dust and bugs being a huge PIA, I'm in the process of making a paint booth that I can take apart and store, pictures to come soon.

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 07-26-2013).]

masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my roller job. It's held up well since i did it in 2010, still shiny. I used industrial paint, basically outdoor tractor paint ("safety red") so I imagine it is designed to hold up to the elements pretty well. An added perk is easy touch ups if the paint gets dinged or chipped. The only thing that it's really vulnerable to is chemical damage - it's not very resistant to gasoline or other solvents.

Originally posted by 86GTFastback:
I'd place this up with rattle cans... I'd just save up and spray it yourself, that way you don't have to tell people "I cheaped out and painted my car with a roller"

I think roller paint is much more durable than rattle can paint...but it all depends what you are going for. It's NOT a professional paint job, but it looks 1000% better than a flaking and faded paint job. It's not obvious its a roller job and people don't really believe how I did it. Some people don't want to spend $500-1000 to spray their cars with professional paint and/or don't have the location to do so.

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 07-26-2013).]

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duplicolor Paint Shop system. Base/Clear Lacquer. All premixed and ready to go.

[This message has been edited by FieroTony (edited 07-26-2013).]

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Duplicolor Paint Shop system. Base/Clear Lacquer. All premixed and ready to go.

So how does that work with the base and clear premixed? I spray the base and then clear over it...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its premixed, meaning the primer, base color and clear is already reduced and ready to spray out of the can. No mixing involved for a novice. I wish they made a paint that had primer, color and clear mixed in one can. Now if you paint acrylic enamel, yes, the color and clear are mixed together already. You just reduce it and spray.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock