Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Check out this Fiero crash survivor article!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Check out this Fiero crash survivor article! by RockDork
Started on: 07-16-2013 01:39 AM
Replies: 5 (468 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 07-17-2013 03:22 PM
RockDork

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe some of you have seen this already but if not, here it is for your approval . Pretty remarkable!!

http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/art-wreck.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had been driving my Fiero when the drunk in a jeep grand Cherokee hit me.
I was recuperating over a year from that...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not afraid of my car but every since they were new I have found it disturbing that the car has a bad habit of breaking in half.

The Fiero is find for a small car in a straight on crash but too often I have seen many break just as this one has and too often there is not a survivor to tell a tale.

Having survived a Big Fiero crash myself I know in some ways how strong the car can be but I have also seen that it does have it's weak areas too.

The breaks are not anything with age as they did this when new two. The difference in life and death is how hard it is hit in the side and how far back on the door or quarter it is hit. Too far forward it will kill you as two people I know found out back in the 80's.

I am not afraid of my car but this type of crash did always get my attention.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this crash would have been worse if the car had stayed in one piece? The force of the hit lessened when all that rear weight let go?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me it appears that the passenger would have died if there was one.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Maybe this crash would have been worse if the car had stayed in one piece? The force of the hit lessened when all that rear weight let go?

Anytime you lose the integaty of the passenger compartment it is a major failure. Now if the rear firewall had remained that would be better but to have noting behind the seats is a major failure and just luck someone did not get tossed out and die.

The Fiero ever since new has had an issue where the passenger compartment and the rear section are put to gether and if the hit is from the rear of the door back it has a nasty habit of breaking off and leaving the passenger compartment exsposed.

Back then every car had a weak spot and most from the side but not to the point that they would break into two parts.

Many other small cars just balled up into the front seat too. The Fiero was one of the better ones but this is one area that it was not strong.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock