Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NEW Fiero Hood decal (IN DEVELOPMENT) (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NEW Fiero Hood decal (IN DEVELOPMENT) by sastian
Started on: 07-14-2013 10:41 PM
Replies: 76 (4483 views)
Last post by: GuyFiero on 10-20-2023 02:15 PM
sastian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought i would let you in on something I started on Facebook. This is a much better place for the development of this project to finish...
I personally was getting annoyed with the half baked attempts to get a Firebird like hood decal from our beloved Pegasus.

So if i have the ability, i was going to take a stab at fixing this.

I am designing a stock looking 84-88 style pegasus Hood decal. To keep this short and sweet im just going to post what I've already put on the Facebook Fiero Group here and continue on...
Some notes:
I want this to look factory. It has to use the original. AND it has to work with the lines of the car. AND it has to look like pontiac designed it. Not some fan mashed it up
The firebird hood design was released as early as 1974 and designed to work with the body styling and lined of a hood with a hood scoop. and I always liked the grand sport fender stripe...

Process:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

First round Concepts:
A - This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
B - This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
C - This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-14-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is looking cool. Hopefully we'll see a finished product soon?
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like "B". What are you thinking for the wing tips along the sides of the fenders? I think the biggest thing i like is taking it on to the bumper cover.I would rock that on my car.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:

I think the biggest thing i like is taking it on to the bumper cover.I would rock that on my car.

The issue with having the graphics extend to the bumper cover is that they are different lengths. Is this just going to be for aero noses?
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I can handle making multiple versions
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
A quick sketch of what it might look like on a notchie

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1073986_10151792387790452_788345946_o.jpg[/img]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgmyqg4bwtkcry1/fiero-hood-mock.jpg
------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-15-2013).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do I sign up?!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work though i find any decal on any car tacky especially huge logos.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

nice work though i find any decal on any car tacky especially huge logos.

Agreed. I think a one-piece "all on the hood" is better - but to each his own.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, i agree, i find hood art/logo's tacky as well but found it odd that i loved the integration of the firebird, and also wanted to see it "done right" for a long time. no offense to those ewho have stuff on theier hoods. but nothing ever looked factory to me. Ill post some samples later of factory hood art done right. that convinces me that i can crack this nut!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
http://mrl.li/15I5zGz Heres a link where im grouping my thoughts and looking for collabration

------------------

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sastian:

Just take the S out of https to post facebook images.

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks fred, i was struggling with that!

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Here is my Idea wall for this project. free to view, if you want to play along .. just shoot me your gmail address and ill invite you.
this link https://mural.ly/#/sastian/1373911498831
or this (which was giving some people troubles..

http://mrl.li/15I5zGz

------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-15-2013).]

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to rework the top of the pegasus's nose, it looks like he's sticking his tongue out! If it is supposed to be his other nostril, it needs to be moved to the right as you're looking at it, along the same plane as the bottom edge of the first one or it could even be removed with much loss of character!

Otherwise very nice decal! I like feathery wings, but I see that you're going for the look of the squared off wings in the logo!

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was only squaring off the feathers in the wings in order to get the design to incorporate itself more into the structure and lines of the car...

But this is just a first round draft... things will get more refined over time.. and with me owning a vinyl cutter experimentation will lead to tweaking and more refinements.

as for the head of the horse... i have the official vector to work with once i start throwing this in illustrator

------------------

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool. I like it!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work, you're quite the artist!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm normally not a fan of large decals, but I really like what you've come up with
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say I'm usually not a big fan of decals/graphics at all, but this (with a little tweaking) would be very nice! I'm interested, excellent work!

Brian
PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the feedback guys, I had no idea this is already been done or seriously approached in any way. But just found this thread..

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-078449.html

I should get them involved!
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I'm normally not a fan of large decals, but I really like what you've come up with

Sorry didn't see this comment when I posted, wasn't trying to be repetitive. Any idea on a ball park price that one of these would cost?

Brian

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not yet. but ill work with community to determine a fair price.. I have the plotter sitting behind me here at my house. i expect ill be prototyping in under a week

------------------

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
OMG!!! what a find! i gotta find out who at the 30th had these!!!! this is HUGE insight!
Original Fiero Concept art!!!!

Full Size

------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-16-2013).]

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Wow, i should really go to bed! have to go to work in the morning but the finds are just too good!

VECTORS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 07-16-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're really making me wish I had stuck with graphic design. Nice stuff.

An idea for making it more subtle for folks who may think a huge hood decal is too bold, use outlines only, so the body color shows thru. Could experiment with thicker or very fine lines. Also offering the decal in colors that are the same as the Fiero, so it becomes sort of a ghost decal. If possible offer one in clear, or frosted clear. Smaller ones in frosted clear could even go on glass. Offer a size that works on the decklid. A small one for sails, etc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by sastian:

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1073986_10151792387790452_788345946_o.jpg[/img]

This brings to mind Transformers . Maybe make a 2nd design inspired by Autobot Decepticon logos
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely plan on making an outline version of this, also one of the stylistic precedents that is already been set by the entire Fiero brand is that double stroke they use on the 2M4 and the 2M6. I could really see this thing coming out double stroke style or having an outline of a nice single stroke. yeah I'm very willing to experiment on doing alternate design such as a double stripe going all the way down the back of the car

------------------

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul Mckibben already makes beautiful hood decals for the Fiero in any color. He is also willing to tweek his design for your own personal use. His web site is www.fierosails.com He make loads of other decals and sail windows for the Fiero notchback!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

Paul Mckibben already makes beautiful hood decals for the Fiero in any color. He is also willing to tweek his design for your own personal use. His web site is www.fierosails.com He make loads of other decals and sail windows for the Fiero notchback!

This is true he does make great stuff. The OP of this thread is designing something new. Both are great to have available.

PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he's got some awesome stuff, maybe he'd be interested in carrying my design once it's finally complete. I've only got a small 24 inch cutter it might be great to have the whole thing cut out in one piece.

------------------

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to get this remade. Its called a "concept dart" from 3rd shift studios. They went out of production a while back. The inlay could be various colors or CF.

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sastian,

I saw your post on facebook, but it wasn't until I see the 3D design on here that I've felt to post. In fact, it gave me an idea of an alternatif of your design. By the look of it, you're trying to get different ideas off the older cars (Trans Am, Old dodge...). I figured out that extending the wings to make a challenger decal could blend in the car nicely. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I made a quick photoshop of the idea:

Note: I used GT, but it could have been SE, 2m4, 2m6, or what ever the custommer wants!

Let me know what you think!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks pretty good, I really like it! I make sure to figure out what it would take to do that as well.

------------------

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course, you can play with the thickness of the lines, height, placement of letters (Vertical vs Horizontal)... Basically, I post that to help stimulating your creativity. Maybe it will make you think of something that will fit even better!

I'm very glad you like it! The advantage too is you could almost make 3 product (Or layout) available to customers. One with the pegasus on the hood, one with the side stripes that goes from the fender to the rear clip and the 2 of them together. Some people might only want a more subtle decal without the big hood ornament and this is why getting only the side could get interesting.

Just throwing ideas out there!
Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's exactly what I was thinking on the options. I was figuring having various side options would be something people really get into

------------------

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about having options for the end where it says GT you could have different options like SE or 3800SC or LS4 plus so many more. Either way I think it looks great and would like a price on one in black with the Pegasus that flows all the way down the car and ending in 3800SC if that is an option. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heck, we could even make a formula edition!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me theres not enough wing on the hood. Less "horse" and more wing on the hood would be my taste.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock