Started on: 07-14-2013 06:00 AM
Replies: 43 (1869 views)
Last post by: fierogtlt1 on 05-18-2014 12:35 PM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

How about ashtray delete and the window & mirror switches mounted flush without the extra plate underneath.I will have one done by the end of the month when my console skeleton is done.

The trick with doing colors is clear LEXAN then puting the color underneath to let the color come thru without the color or design to
rub off or get scratched up.

This is what this looks like in polished SS metal on my old F308 rebody. BTW, I drove this car in Atlanta as a DD (no A/C) and had no issues with the plate pealing off.

Nelson

IP: Logged
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the switch plate in the mold.Then just to pull the part from the mold and pour some resin,let it cure for a hour.Cut out the power window/mirror switch areas and intergrate it into the shifter plate.Then pour a new mold for a shifter plate with the power window/mirror
switches and no ash trays.There will be no use to use the existing switch plate.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I think it would be easier to create a new center console/shifter/armrest assembly. I am surprised no one has really stepped up in this area. This could be a real option, and cost effective. One of our fiberglass gurus get with one of our awesome interior trimmers, BOOM. Done deal. Seriously, I wonder if we could get a community project going here? Submit a few drawings, vote and see what happens.

What do you guys think?

Amida - Rob, makes a couple really amazing interior packages. If you wanted to, you could purchase a center console from him. I have purchased the F355 console from him, and with a few modifications to the OEM dash... It could fit. I decided to just make a new dash myself. It's just that it costs a lot of money to make these kinds of products that not everyone has the budget or the style for such parts.

Cheers,
Chase.

------------------

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying a new brand of casting resin.....Casted the power window/mirror switch plate in tan so you can see the detail better.

The Original

The new casted part.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 05-18-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave