Started on: 07-13-2013 12:47 AM
Replies: 4 (273 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 07-13-2013 11:21 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I'm not sure if I'm getting knock or what.. just need peace of mind, but I can't afford to keep having people check it etc.

driving the car in 1st 2nd feels good my issues come in 3rd or 4th.... has slight jerk up top when heated up. I'm just to the point where I've been trying to chase this issue for awhile and thought opening the intake up to let it breathe would help.... nope same spot. I honestly just want to end it and sell the car, which I don't want to do owning it for 15 years has been fun and my dad helped me to get it where I'm at.

sum it up converted to OBD 2.... ported charger and N* to allow it to breathe

I'm willing to make drive to where ever... my next guess would be clutch but that's an expensive guess. Or false knock? who knows cause I sure as crap don't

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl...
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you actually hearing knock (detonation) or are you just seeing it on the live scan data?

If in scan data, does it not show up at all in 1st and 2nd gear but does show up in 3rd and 4th?

What is your AFR doing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears at WOT?

Have you tried reducing timing advance or the boost level a bit in the problem area to see if you could reduce the amount of KR you are getting?

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to be in 3rd and 4th.

I need to get on freeway doesn't seem like all the time. Some day car freaks me out and other days I'd orefer to find a hammee. So I dont have any data logs of what's going on
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LoW_KeY

8081 posts
Member since Oct 2001
http://www.auterraweb.com/dyno-scan-bluetooth.html ?? I guess it allows access to smart phones too?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stupid question; but, what octane are you running? Just thought I would ask. I was selling Pontiacs when they released this engine and not all were aware of the required octane rating. I have an automatic, sorry.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-13-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock