Started on: 07-12-2013 02:29 PM
Replies: 12 (549 views)
Last post by: FieroGT42 on 07-13-2013 09:18 PM
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for a certain type of hood vent since the shop that made these went out of business. Here are a couple of photos I saved from several years ago. Is there anything out there like them?

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 07-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh yes... my favorite too...

The JL Extractor... made by Rockcrawl in limited numbers.

I was lucky enough to buy one last year in The Mall from a Canadian gent who kindly took the additional hassle to ship it over the border.

MinnGreen has one on his car. So does Zoom88. Hard to find... but good luck!

(Aus made a hood vent inspired from his 'stage 2' scoops... that is the closest I have seen to the JL Extractor.
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Paul... aka ThaDriver. I believe he makes these as well and his work is second to NONE!
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll message him and look around. I'd also settle for an Evo V or VI style but I don't see any that I think would fit.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Ahhh yes... my favorite too...

The JL Extractor... made by Rockcrawl in limited numbers.

I was lucky enough to buy one last year in The Mall from a Canadian gent who kindly took the additional hassle to ship it over the border.

MinnGreen has one on his car. So does Zoom88. Hard to find... but good luck!

(Aus made a hood vent inspired from his 'stage 2' scoops... that is the closest I have seen to the JL Extractor.

Yes... You beat me to that extractor in Canada...
I did get the last AusFiero extractor. I contacted him a couple years ago (when he was on here looking for parts) and askedg if he would make one more or sell the mold. He said no to both as he may make them in the future. He did go out to the mold and found he had one left in it from years ago...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you cannot get your hands on that style hood, the vented-style hood of an later post-1999 SN95 Mustang Cobra is a similar style. I believe that's what Rockcrawl actually used to make the very first version he put together. You can find the SN95 Cobra hoods a dime a dozen - and thus often very cheap used.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Is there anything out there like them?

You mean like this...

You can't have it , but if you're interested, Here is a thread documenting the installation of it with mega-help from John Carlo and Clynt.

There's even a video...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-13-2013).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wear a mask anytime you are working around glass dust, its a pain in the ass but living the last years of your life in a bed not able to pull a breath of air is no way to go.
Sorry hits kind of close to home.

I remember Fibersmith had some nice vents but I haven't heard from him in a long time.
crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking for the same vent as well.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

... living the last years of your life in a bed not able to pull a breath of air is no way to go.

Sorry hits kind of close to home.

I suffered from terrible asthma as a kid. When it got really bad, I'd spend a week or two in bed gasping for every breath. This would occur several times every year, from about age five to twelve. So, I hear ya. Thanks for the caution.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too, Patrick, to the point of being hospitalized once or twice. I still have trouble once in a while, so I feel your pain Jake Dragon. I know all about working with fiberglass, but thanks for the warning. It never hurts to have a reminder to prevent complacency.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emphysema took my Father and Uncle.

Good luck with the vent I hope you find it.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And one of my grandparents. Jeeze, I'm sorry to hear that man. On a lighter note, I'm leaning toward the mad tyte JDM NSX things due to pricing at 1/3 the cost of most others.

Still open to anything Rockcrawlish, or Dietmar's side scoops.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock