Are you a pro at packing your Fiero? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 07-12-2013 12:53 AM
Replies: 16 (473 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 07-14-2013 09:36 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have taken a trip or two with the wife in my Fiero so I HAD to learn how to pack everything tightly. (but wisely to maximize room)
So, I was just wondering HOW MUCH have you been able to pack into your Fiero for a trip? What did you pack? We're you able to utilize any unusual areas/compartments? (i.e. nooks & crannies)
Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

I have taken a trip or two with the wife in my Fiero so I HAD to learn how to pack everything tightly. (but wisely to maximize room)
So, I was just wondering HOW MUCH have you been able to pack into your Fiero for a trip? What did you pack? We're you able to utilize any unusual areas/compartments? (i.e. nooks & crannies)
Kit

This was back in the day but....Me and a friend were heading to a bowling tourney. In the back we put in four two-ball bags...which came up to the bottom of the spot where it gets wider. On top of those we stuffed two golf bags and closed the lid. Up front we stuffed two soft duffel bags with cloths and stuff. Hung up bowling shirts and Dockers on the hooks behind the seats. All set!! (this was in my friends 86 GT).

In my old 86 SE I loaded two tents plus cloths and Bungeed a cooler on the luggage rack when we went camping
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One time I loaded a dozen or so model rockets in the trunk (without breaking anything), and had my huge flight box (a rolling toolbox) and launch equipment in the passenger seat. The recent Indy trip, with detailing crap and all, wasn't even close to being as crammed as that.

ETA: I remember I did take a pic of it...

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 07-12-2013).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To Carlisle this year --10 ft. pop up canopy - two chairs - 18 can cooler - tool kit - detail kit --- all in the trunk.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, just today I had to take a full size truck tire and rim in for repair, that rode in my passenger seat.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of space behind the passenger seat if you have a short passenger. Any more half my trunk is loaded with a huge tool box and a box of spare parts. I have room for two duffle bags next to them. Maybe a duffle bag in back of the passenger seat, just in back of the head rest, or another small bag in the front compartment.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody try packing a regular car and then you have to continually fight the urge to stuff things under the front hood?

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Anybody try packing a regular car and then you have to continually fight the urge to stuff things under the front hood?

No....that is where I cook my chicken with the Car-B-Que
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i go fishing which is almost weekly, i pack all of the following: 6hp outboard motor, a three gallon gas tank for the motor, a 5 gallon gas tank for the extra gas, 4 rods and reels, two seat cushions, two life jackets, an anchor with 100feet of line, a fishfinder, two paddles, a hand bilge pump, a tackle bag, a cooler filled with ice and drinks, a change of footwear, a bait bucket and a cast net for catching bait. I also put my 14 foot canoe on the top of the fiero.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two week vacation with the wife with room for souveniers and fresh Florida citrus on thetop way home.

Had to sit on the hood to get it closed.......even packed stuff under the proportioning valve and master cylender....
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Event:
5th annual Beer Olympics

Car:
1986 Fiero SE

Cargo:
(trunk) 10 person tent, folding chair, Optima Yellow top battery, 30pack Miller light, 30 Pack Bud light, 2 gallon cooler, 10lbls bagged ice x2 & 4' subway Italian sub
(trunk Front) spare tire, jack, bag of tools, 2 quarts trans fluid, 1qu oil, spare parts including water pump & alternator and 3800 serpentine belt
(passenger area) co-pilot/ wing man, 2nd 4' subway Italian sub, 2'x3' subway condiment tray, 2nd 2'x3' subway catering tray, bag of utensils, another bud light 30 pack in drivers lap & 10lb bag of ice @ wing mans feet. (woulda had to ditch the ice is I had a factory sub-woofer)

I had to load the wing man with the pass door closed and had to have a guy hand me the 30 pack through the drivers window, I wish we had some pics, people where taking pics of us on the road but we had no help unloading let alone any pictures.
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

I also put my 14 foot canoe on the top of the fiero.

That I would like to see lol. It had to be a sight to behold.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to Frazee this year and you'll see a packed car. Trunk, Under hood, behind seats, May even sport on top of decklid and not bring my hitch rack this year.

Stu
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can just about fit two small wheeled carry ons and an Acer netbook in the trunk. The front is for the tools, cleaning supplies and fire extinguishers. If we must take additional clothing along it gets hung on the hooks at the rear windows above the seats. We could fit more if we used soft duffle bags but we like the hard luggage with the wheels. We are always set for an overnight trip (or two nights) but beyond that we just don't have the room. If we ever go cross country in a Fiero, I will buy a motorcycle trailer and tow it behind. Those things are light and give a needed amount of additional space. For a person traveling alone its no problem since the passenger seat really opens things up for luggage.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I worked the races at Road America, I could get an Igloo 16 cooler(it fit perfectly in the lower part of the trunk, and the lid lined up with the side ledges when it was in) 2 sleeping bags, a dome tent, 2 soft sided suitcases, cooking implements, rain suits, and camera equipment in without having anything in the passenger compartment. Getting it all back in after a weekend at the track was always another story...
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

No....that is where I cook my chicken with the Car-B-Que

I use that for my burrito burner!

It's funny to put marshmallows on a stick and hold them over the engine vents
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hefty..... the Fiero travelers secret weapon.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock