Started on: 07-11-2013 09:32 PM
Replies: 6 (256 views)
Last post by: BlackEmrald on 07-12-2013 03:29 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this story that mentions a Fiero.

http://www.loganbanner.com/...-usage-while-driving

Cellphone usage while driving

A lot has changed in the past quarter-century.

Can you imagine once pulling out of a new car lot in your brand new 1988 Pontiac Fiero, and seeing countless other drivers speeding by, eyes downward, reading a stack of index cards or their daily newspaper?

That would have seemed very peculiar, indeed.

Yet here we are, 25 years later, and it is not uncommon to pass other drivers who are either talking using new technology — a mobile phone — texting away furiously, all while looking at something other than the road in front of them.

It’s frightening.

And it’s against the law in West Virginia, as of 2012.

On Monday, July 1, it became a primary offense in our state.

We’ve had a year to adjust our behavior.

The law states. …

Law enforcement officials have made it clear. They will be looking for offenders.

While much has changed, some things haven’t. Folks will continue to engage in risky behavior on our highways.

But our hope is that enforcement of this law will cause drivers to put the mobile device down while driving and concentrate on arriving safely instead.

It’s a law that we, and hopefully all of us, can live with.

— Distributed by The Associated Press
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats funny is just last week I was talking to someone about how I am a safer driver in my Fiero then my late model daily driver.
In the Fiero there are no distractions, just the road, not even a good place to set down a drink or my cell phone. The Ford Sync crap in my daily driver is one giant distraction.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-12-2013).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost afraid to take my fiero out anymore because of distracted drivers. Fiero perts are getting harder and harder to replace everyday.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have Kelsey's law (named after a local girl how died in a cellphone related accident). No texting while moving and new drivers can't use cell phones while driving.

Funny thing is that the law allows texting while stopped (lights, intersections, etc).

To me, it is common sense, but I guess it had to become a law because of stupidity.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
The Ford Sync crap in my daily driver is one giant distraction.

LOL I rented a Focus when I was in California last month. I never did figure out how to get the radio and climate controls to do everything I needed. I suppose people eventually get used to it, but in my case, I was flying blind since the owners manual was missing.

92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Whats funny is just last week I was talking to someone about how I am a safer driver in my Fiero then my late model daily driver.
In the Fiero there are no distractions, just the road, not even a good place to set down a drink or my cell phone. The Ford Sync crap in my daily driver is one giant distraction.

We have a 2010 Escape Hybrid with Sync.....I love that setup actually. Mainly the hands-free cell phone setup they have ....once it is set up correctly, I found it to lessen distractions. I picked up a cheap speaker phone set-up for the Fiero that clips onto the visor and that works pretty well

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy who wrote the article HAS to be a Fiero guy. There are SO many more well known cars from that era that he could have mentioned.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock