Started on: 07-10-2013 05:27 PM
Replies: 20 (366 views)
Last post by: blakeinspace on 07-29-2013 01:15 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello NTFC,

this is a somewhat early reminder for our monthly meeting in July. Tom will tweet a reminder closer to the meeting date also. Speaking of Twitter... I am really not a fan of the concept... HOWEVER... I must say that following NTFC on Twitter has been a pleasant surprise. Tom has captured lots of photo's of club happenings, and posts them with an often funny and informative comments. You can go through the history and see pictures and posts of events months old. Most recently is a NTFC photo journal of those of us that were able to go to the 30th Anniversary Show in Indianapolis. If you don't have a Twitter account... sign up for one. Registration forces you to follow like 5 people... but as soon as I got past that hurdle, I just 'unfollowed' them... Only thing I need to follow is: @NorthTexasFiero

Our monthly meeting for July will be lunchtime on the 27th at Pappas BBQ. We will share a few stories from the 30th show and talk about future events. Bring something for Show & Tell if you like! I will be bringing my only 'casualty' (other than my wallet) from the 30th... sadly... one of our members suffered a much bigger loss on the trip. But, that is his story to share...

After this meeting, member Jim East has invited the club back to his house for his annual Jim Swim and cookout. In this slew of 100 degree days... that sounds mighty refreshing. His home is located in Terrell, and we will caravan as a club to his house for all those that wish to attend. It will also serve as a good format for raising a toast to him (and I) as we both celebrate our birthdays around then. Jim knows his way around a grill, so come out and enjoy his hospitality. The drive is worth it!

Please stay cool, and hope to see you soon!... and yes... I still plan on sporting my new, youthful, hip look for this meeting....

-- blake

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 07-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's still a little early, but right now my calendar is open on the 27th, so I should be able to make this meeting.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold onto ur socks...The day has come where the moon and stars have aligned...I will be at the meeting folks..rhata right...I will be there...

Slow6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I got my fiero just in time. Planning on making it out. It will be good to see you guys more than once a year at PSN.

-Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Slow6 (edited 07-19-2013).]

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slow6:

Looks like I got my fiero just in time. Planning on making it out. It will be good to see you guys more than once a year at PSN.

-Jonathan

Welcome a board. There's a lot of great guys and gals in the NTFC, then of course there's The Prez, Blake.

Mike Parker
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have liked to have made it but a few of us will be at the Texas Heat Wave show representing the Fiero.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold onto ur socks...The day has come where the moon and stars have aligned...I will be at the meeting folks..rhata right...I will be there...

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the meeting on Saturday!... and Jonathan (slow6)... welcome to the club!...

you will find us A LOT more active than clubGP!... too bad you live so far North... all us cool kids live in SW FW...
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Looking forward to the meeting on Saturday!... and Jonathan (slow6)... welcome to the club!...

you will find us A LOT more active than clubGP!... too bad you live so far North... all us cool kids live in SW FW...

Or really really west FW
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget your two piece for the Jim Swim after the meeting. A bye the way, actually the cool kids live in East Texas and chaw tobaccie.

Mike P.
PFF
System Bot
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See ya'll at the meet tomorrow am

Jim
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup... I just heard a rumor about what was for dessert at the Jim Swim!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIE?

Jim: please bring my fenders tomorrow. Thanks
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel aka DZEB01(clubgp) will be heading to the lunch as well. Couldn't get the Fiero finished up before I had to call it quits for the night so I will be in the Goat tomorrow. See you guys then.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where is everyone? I'm waiting. ..
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big thanks to Blake for swapping out my ICM and showing me how to do it. Had a good time meeting everyone and looking forward to next month. I was able to successfully get the car back home and in the garage.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got back to the house! Everything on the drive down to Houston went fine. I went to another car gathering at a local BBQ joint closer to the house. The turnout was low due to some ominous clouds overhead. I did hit a patch of torrential downpour about 10 miles from home, but everything was clear after that. It was good seeing everyone again and some new faces too! I hope to see most of you at the Ruckus.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I finally got back to the house! Everything on the drive down to Houston went fine. I went to another car gathering at a local BBQ joint closer to the house. The turnout was low due to some ominous clouds overhead. I did hit a patch of torrential downpour about 10 miles from home, but everything was clear after that. It was good seeing everyone again and some new faces too! I hope to see most of you at the Ruckus.

Good to hear u made it back and all went well. Hope u like the swap and it is all u thought it would be. Sorry it took so long but hope it was worth the wait.

Was good seeing everyone since I haven't been to a meeting in forever. Nice seeing what people have done to there cars and talking to everyone.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Good to hear u made it back and all went well. Hope u like the swap and it is all u thought it would be. Sorry it took so long but hope it was worth the wait.

Was good seeing everyone since I haven't been to a meeting in forever. Nice seeing what people have done to there cars and talking to everyone.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep... great turn out!

Jon, glad you got back home okay... I would spend some time playing around with all those frogged wires on your ignition. pick you up a Delco coil and ICM on RockAuto. Get the heat sink compound from Frys or Rad Shack. Don't use MSD coils... they have had a lot of quality issues on the coil for the stock motor. You can remove those TB coolant lines without taking anything off the car... just a few minutes with a dremel. if you choose not to braze the thermostat housing barbs closed.. you can simply run a short jumper hose between the in and out and some tiny hose clamps and call it done. For the rough idle... could be lots of things... probably timing is the culprit. Make sure to put the car in 'base time' before adjusting timing... that makes a huge difference. I would also verify good grounds. Batt to chassis and Batt to block, and block to chassis.

Jim, thanks for the swim and grub! It was great... I was miserably full on the way home.

Y'all don't forget Jame's tear down party which will be rain or shine, hot or hotter, after the 4th Saturday of the month meeting in August.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock