Started on: 07-09-2013 03:48 PM
Replies: 46 (1119 views)
Last post by: 92wastheyear on 07-30-2013 05:53 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

Didn't they also decide to discontinue the rear defrost?

nope, available all years.
IP: Logged
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

I never trust the cluster, they could have replaced it.

Of course that doesn't answer the question of why.....if you going to change the cluster....did you pick the cluster with a 85mph speedo?

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

Of course that doesn't answer the question of why.....if you going to change the cluster....did you pick the cluster with a 85mph speedo?

The 85GT only came with the 85 mph speedometer. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommended a max 85 mph speedometer from 1979 to 1981, but most cars continued to sport the 85 mph speedometers until redesigned. The 4 cylinder Fiero had an 85 mph speedometer for its entire run. He says the interior is all original and I believe it. The most likely scenario is an 85GT with a fastback swap.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Rear defrost is pretty uncommon. It appears this one has it. My 87 GT had it.

Depends on where you live... in New York State 100% of cars sold have it as it's required by law. First new car I bought I didn't think to even ask about it as I assumed all cars have it. In other states not so much.
aircraft_electrician

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aircraft_electricianSend a Private Message to aircraft_electricianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've read comments about a Carfax and VIN, but I don't see the VIN listed anywhere. I have access to a VIN decoder, if you can tell me the whole VIN I can tell you exactly what it is.
fiero2man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2manSend a Private Message to fiero2manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another "fake" 85 Fiero GT fastback on Chicago Craigs list, the guy even lists his address. Replied to him and received obnoxious emails. How to I post the ad and the emails to pennocks. better yet, lets all inquire how a 85 Blue GT has a fast back. WARNING...he is a mechanic, knows all about Fiero's , his English and attitude is very bad and we are the dummies.....Craigs...July 17 85 Pontiac fiero -$4500 ( 9018 Ogden Ave. ( Lyons, Illinois ??? )...reply.... k8x4w-3941702832@sale.craigslist.org Common guys, let us ALL check this guys Vin out and expertise !!!
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

yup, looks like 85 GT with replacement body panels.

Not sure why the owner is calling it an 84, but I guess he found the manufacturer's date and went by that? Who knows.... it isn't a stock fastback nor is it an '84.

Well...he is back...but now the car is an 86.....SMH

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock