Started on: 07-08-2013 09:04 PM
Replies: 16 (601 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 08-09-2013 04:01 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some may know I have Garth's 1987 Fiero GT. It has the first known 3.4TDC swap from back in 1993. The car has been hit hard in the drivers door back in 2001ish. The plan is to swap all his good stuff onto a 1985 Fiero GT I just picked up tonight for $300. Here goes nothing!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent deal!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right rear wheel is cracked where the spoke meets the bolt circle. That blows, I kinda like the wheels. I also have a 3.1 stroker for the original motor. I gave my friend (the PO) a stock '88 short block with 80k on the clock. I found he took it apart and didnt bother to put the rod & main caps back to their original location!!!!!! LAME!!!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything from the fenders forward is done. Gen2 headlights, wiring, painting, radiator air guides (thanks RD) and such. Time to take a break!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Wiring guys, I need a replacement TDC swap harness. 85GT w/ Isuzu 5MT, '92 3.4TDC, ECU and coil packs in the original battery location. A/C deIete, No EGR & I need this within the next few weeks or so. PM me price and ETA.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunbird GT brakes and braided brake hoses installed. Tomorrow, I'll start on the interior! I also picked up a rad side exhaust manifold from an LQ1 at P&P today. Since I told Garth we aint cutting the trunk out of this one, the exhaust will be routed in the original Fiero location. We are going to use 2.5" mandrel bends and a Borla XR1 (like my 88 GT exhaust). Plus, Garth wants a cat to be fitted as well. So I am going to contact Kook's and get one of their high-flow "bullet" cats like I have installed on my G8.
1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the 87 GT look like? That 85 GT looks good especially for $300. The rear spoiler would have to go though, its very tall.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was stationed at Ft Eustis for 4 yrs and Garth's car actually came from Yorktown.

I put alot of work into fixing his 87. But for what we want to do, the 85 is the better choice. The 87 has a clear Va title. Garth has owned it for 20+ years. If anyone is interested, this would be a good "roller" for a kit car.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 07-14-2013).]

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I was stationed at Ft Eustis for 4 yrs and Garth's car actually came from Yorktown.

I put alot of work into fixing his 87. But for what we want to do, the 85 is the better choice. The 87 has a clear Va title. Garth has owned it for 20+ years. If anyone is interested, this would be a good "roller" for a kit car.

Is it a coincidence that the 85 GT is the same color as the 87 GT, stripes and all. Small world. I am sorry you had the misfortune of being stationed here.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Is it a coincidence that the 85 GT is the same color as the 87 GT, stripes and all. Small world. I am sorry you had the misfortune of being stationed here.

I know right, what are the odds? It was meant to be I think.

I was at Ft useless back in 96-2001. I hear it has changed a lot. Granted, it was a culture shock compared to my last duty station of Ft Bliss. I went from a combat base, to a support base. Totally different mind set.... I didn't like it. No respect, no discipline.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I know right, what are the odds? It was meant to be I think.

I was at Ft useless back in 96-2001. I hear it has changed a lot. Granted, it was a culture shock compared to my last duty station of Ft Bliss. I went from a combat base, to a support base. Totally different mind set.... I didn't like it. No respect, no discipline.

LOL! I came from Fort Hood to here. Huh, it hasn't changed since 2001. Still no respect, no discipline. I hate it here. This is my third duty station and I think Fort Useless is the worst one. I am ready to get out.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

LOL! I came from Fort Hood to here. Huh, it hasn't changed since 2001. Still no respect, no discipline. I hate it here. This is my third duty station and I think Fort Useless is the worst one. I am ready to get out.

People walking around using first names, saying yeah, and having their hands in their pockets? Damn shame.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some more work done. Apparently the 85 has either ran over some big things, or the PO has no idea how to properly jack it up. I spent a while yesterday with a hammer and a block of wood fixing the floorpan on each side. Luckily all the carpet and insulation has already been removed. I found some minor flash rust and the the plugs under each seat would not seal. Little bit of cleaning, some painting and some sealant took care of it.

I moved to the back of the car to check the trunk, sure enough, its all out of shape and the bottom of the bumper is sagging. I pulled the bumper cover and got my first surprise with the car. The bumper beam is in a V shape. It damaged the left rear mount for the beam and pushed into the trunk slightly. I was able to sort it out fairly easily using my seldom used body shop experience.

I bet I knocked out a few pounds of dirt, grime and sand while I was under there! Now I remember why I like low, low mileage cars. The work continues, time to make some block ff plates, finish the trunk area and move back to the interior.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 07-16-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Got a little more work done today. I made some simple block off plates for the holes in the trunk side sheetmetal. More painting and minor rust repair. I pulled the tunk carpet out of the shed and hit it with my secret weapon, 70/30 mix of liquid Shout laundry detergent. Damn near looks new again! Getting there, little by little. Then it started pouring.

right corner of the trunk

Done

And lots of rain!

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have made alot of progress on Garths car. Its ready for the LQ1 to be dropped in. Timm (phonedawgz) should have the harness out today or tomorrow. Thanks Timm!!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock