Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What are you putting off to tinker with your Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What are you putting off to tinker with your Fiero? by 92wastheyear
Started on: 07-06-2013 03:39 PM
Replies: 18 (390 views)
Last post by: PatrickTRoof on 07-09-2013 02:39 AM
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the last few weeks since I got my 87 GT ....I have been neglecting some other stuff. This weekend I am catching up with one of the big ones. I am fixing up my truck ....which was in a fender bender a few months back. Ironically the fender wasn't really bent at all. Instead it was the bumper that was bent...and the grill broken. I have been eyeballing Craigslist for a couple of weeks and last week found just what I was looking for ....a grill for $40.00 ....and a bumper for $30.00. I picked up the grill yesterday afternoon...am cleaning, priming, painting it this afternoon. The bumper I will pick up tomorrow and install them both. When all that is done my 02 Ranger (with 200K miles on it) will still be a piece of crap ....but it will be piece of crap with a freshly painted grill and a straight bumper. Yay me!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to fix the drivers side door lock and fix my loose steering wheel.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

[This message has been edited by ChuckLS1 (edited 07-06-2013).]

chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i haven't eaten in weeks.

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to fix my steering wheel too.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn and watering the garden.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Homework

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LIFE!!!!! Ray
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chorcob:

i haven't eaten in weeks.

Food stamps take care of that but the real issue is I have to wipe my butt with newspaper, junk mail, old shirts and socks...
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other way around for me... I keep putting off the Fiero because everytime I drive it, it costs me big $$. But, I'll eventually get this mess sorted.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

LIFE!!!!! Ray

retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am spending every spare moment of my time working on my Fiero instead of spending it at home with my wife. Never expected a swap to take this long... Also putting off work on my '66 Mustang and two other projects...
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put off working on and driving my Fiero lately. It's hard to find time with twin 6 month old babies at home. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put off taking it easy "Advise from Doctor" since he placed me on oxygen and awaiting a lung transplant surgery possibly this year.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

I am spending every spare moment of my time working on my Fiero instead of spending it at home with my wife. Never expected a swap to take this long... Also putting off work on my '66 Mustang and two other projects...

Funny. I've been spending a lot of time rebuilding my daughters 66 Mustang engine (200-I6), She's 19 but that's what she wanted. Should be done late this week. (A lot of time, sweat & $$$ to do the exterior). Wish I had more time to do the odds and ends on the Fiero, but the wife thinks it's the other woman.

Sorry, cheap phone pix.

[This message has been edited by FieroTony (edited 07-08-2013).]

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Sorry, cheap phone pix.

I had a 66 Stang about 25-30 years ago. Still ranks as the favorite car I ever owned. I regretted selling it almost instantly. That being said, I bought my first Fiero a short time after and absolutely loved that car. Now circumstances put a 87 GT in my hands and away we go again
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to replacing a basement entry door that was allowing insects free range of my house...

I spent most of the spring trying in vain to get my car ready for the 30th... barely got the lawn mowed a couple of times.
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a week of holidays coming up that I'll spend getting the nursery ready for our first child.

I COULD spend that whole week looking at some of the Fiero's problems, but I think this might be more important. Plus, there's that whole wife thing.

------------------
86 GT

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Wish I had more time to do the odds and ends on the Fiero, but the wife thinks it's the other woman.

Sorry, cheap phone pix.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My wife wishes I would down size my car collection which is currently at 5: 2 Mopars, the Mustang, a Buick, and of course the Fiero...
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock