What should i do by indygrandprix
Started on: 07-05-2013 02:02 AM
Replies: 4 (292 views)
Last post by: 88FieroGT TTops on 07-05-2013 10:27 PM
indygrandprix

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I replaced all the brake lines on my car since they where rusty and one started dripping fluid and when I went to bleed them all the bleeders broke even after soaking them for days if PB blaster. I so i got most of the air by uncoupling the hoses at the calipers and they work but not as good as id like. Now the coolant hose for the heater core is leaking and I just wanna get rid of it. I know its a super easy fix but its just kinda the last straw.

So should i try and sell it or will i get more money if I part it out and scrap the rest?

Its an 86 notchie with a 4 banger and 5 speed

Body has seen beter days and the panels are mismatched

The motor has piston slap

It does run and drive and start up every time tho

Thanks for your opinions guys!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot depends on who you would sell the full car to. Some stranger on craiglslist is not really going to pay anything for a car that 'needs work'. Someone on here though might be prepared to pay more for it if it is savable.
So the main question is, what's the chassis like rust wise. Everything else is fixable/replaceable but a rotten chassis is a death knell pretty much.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fix it, motor swap?

Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been in the same situation with the same year / engine / trans. as yours. Put a for sale sign on it but when I got a few offers I realized I couldn't do it! Invested in new rotors calipers and pads all around. Now I'm saving for a motor mount (one is cracked), and then I will be tackling the body work.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
save it and fix it--cheaper than buying a new car

------------------
Pat Jones

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock