85 GT Northstar rebuild by jb1
Started on: 07-05-2013 01:11 AM
Replies: 54 (3548 views)
Last post by: jb1 on 09-05-2016 02:17 AM
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not do the initial swap, I got the car and it had 2nd gear start problems along with few other issues, I will post some pics of the throttle cable you. I was suppose to for someone else previously and failed to do so,

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
Northstar Rebuild

IP: Logged
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:
but as of right now I have 1st gear starts

Congrats on solving the 2nd gear start issue with the stock ECM/4T80 and thanks for sharing how you did it!
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Congrats on solving the 2nd gear start issue with the stock ECM/4T80 and thanks for sharing how you did it!

seems to be fixed for obdI. I still wonder if it would work for obdII. I believe it would have worked fine if I had not added the wss. I am going to try disconnecting them an see if it still works.
Maybe someday one building an obdII car. can try using the ebtcm and see if it works with obdII the same
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the throttle cable is stock with end cut off and has part of the n* cable crimped to it ... just for those asking . with the teottle brackets I could not get a clear pic of it .

------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
Northstar Rebuild

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This a great build thread. I can't wait to see finished pics of your interior. Those overlays for dash pod are awesome.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, I just been enjoying driving the car, I have few other builds going on and hope to get interior done before end of summer. I have a 1966 triumph gt6 im starting on and got 2 other fieros, Honestly thinking of just dumping one and finish up the 3800sc swap in the other and get rid of it,
I will post pics as progress goes on interior,,

------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's what I've decided to do as well. I have a new rule, finish the one I am on before starting on something else. Other wise, I never seam to be able to finish a project...
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

That's a funny looking 85gt . Love what your doing so far. Any pictures on our throttle cable? Did you end up cutting a new hole in the firewall for it? I don't like how mine is run, needs to be another 3" longer I think. Looking at lokar replacements...

Cheers,
Chase.

mine has the stock fiero cable with an end that fits the N* Tb crimped on.. I would have probably done it different myself but it has worked for a long time and have other things I would like to change first.
I want to start interior swap and would like to put motor mounts in , right now it is solid mounted..... I worry something is going to break,,, but has not so far. Only problem with upgrading things now means I can not drive it, and I have had a blast driving it, My 3 year old grand daughter demands that it is her car and she loves riding in it as well..
------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 05-05-2014).]

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well with 34k mile on engine and trans it seems the trans is about gone. I was driving home from work in the fiero and it started making some odd sounds.....n best way I could describe it is a garbage disposal chewing on aluminum cans.... it pulls but not like it did and sounds horrific...

------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I absolutely LOVE the way you did those doors. I want this because I still need the side pockets. How did you do this? Did you get the leather just by itself and put it on the door, or did you buy an aftermarket door fabrication like the one they sell at the fiero store?
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To each his own, I guess... It looks like a padded toilet seat to me.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 07-07-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

I absolutely LOVE the way you did those doors. I want this because I still need the side pockets. How did you do this? Did you get the leather just by itself and put it on the door, or did you buy an aftermarket door fabrication like the one they sell at the fiero store?

thanks , I did not do the interior on this car, it was done by previous owner, he bought hide of leather and cut them all himself, and done the panels and seats but it is a factory door panel just recovered. He runs an online custom motorcycle seat business. I plan on replacing the panels when I get started on dash swap... my focus has been more on my triumph gt6 swap.. I get new panels done if interested I might sell them to you.

padded toilet seat???? i guess... lol

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 07-08-2014).]

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone here told me they were running a 2000 4t80e with the 3.71 fdr on their 94-95 N* without changing the eprom and no issues , I wanted to make sure that was correct while looking for a new trans, but I can not seem to find that. It might have been in p.m.
could anyone else confirm this cause everywhere else says it will not work....
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a while.

How goes the gauges?

Best Regards,

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2016 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
War hammer , everything is out on hold , I am about to get back on the 3800 car and probably do dash swap on it instead not sure,,, I got guages to move by power supply , fuel. temp etc, ,, I'm sure everything will work fine,, later on going to try and find someone to make some professional overlays,,
I got your pm, I don't really have time to make another set but I can give you a list of what to buy and help you with it as much as I can,,, buying the c5 cluster to rip apart is the hardest,part,,,,.

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 09-05-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock