Started on: 07-01-2013 12:02 PM
Replies: 11 (503 views)
Last post by: carbon on 07-08-2013 08:27 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks firstly to all the organizers of the event, the show could have not done as well as it did and as smooth running as it was with out the diligance of your efforts.

Secondly, to the patrons the fact that we can all get together and do a show through rain and shine and not a gripe from most makes the show enjoyable and a good family friendly atmosphere.

Thirdly, to my customers who purchased something from me. Without your help i could not have afforded fixing my car getting to the show and coming home when the parts i just put on failed castrophically.

And lastly to the forum, whos wisdom and diligane could provide me with the knowledge and information to fix a broken transmission line while the car is still on a trailer to make the indy track 5 min before we had to leave to parade there.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
" Thanks firstly to all the organizers of the event, the show could have not done as well as it did and as smooth running as it was with out the diligance of your efforts.

Secondly, to the patrons the fact that we can all get together and do a show through rain and shine and not a gripe from most makes the show enjoyable and a good family friendly atmosphere. "

Ditto

[This message has been edited by Fiero STS (edited 07-01-2013).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. Fantastic job by everyone involved!

We had a great time and a memorable honeymoon at the 30th.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shift knob I bought looks outstanding, thanks!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also thought it was very well put together and wanted to thank all involved with setting it up and pulling it off.

It was great to get to put faces with some of the people I've seen posting over the years and especially the ones I've had personal dealings with. Wish I had known some of those were there, as I'd gone whatever extra steps needed to meet in person.

This was the first major (or any for that matter!) Fiero event I've been able to attend since Daytona in 2002, so it was a big deal for me. May never get to another, but that will remain to be seen.

I did get to meet a few that I'd previously only known online, so that was great, just wish I'd known some others were there as I'd have liked to met them as well.

Maybe for the next one (35th?) that could be arranged, i.e., a "sign in" sheet with our forum names so that anyone who wanted to could find out who else is in attendance, and at least make an attempt at a one on one. I suppose if I'd actually had my car there and registered and participated in the events, I'd have run into more folks on a one to one level, but I didn't. I was basically just along for the ride and the experience with Doug from Fierowarehouse.

Anyway, had a great time and will remember it for a long time to come!

Really enjoyed John Callies presentation, good job on getting him there!

Great job Fred and all who helped organize the event!

HAGO!
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Fred and everyone else who was involved with putting on this great show. We all had a blast and looking forward to a 35th Got five years to come up with new ideas for the car now & a 2nd Fiero for my dad to drive once again like the 25th show. Even though he was driving a dodge this time, it was still a P-body (Shadow).

My wife would especially like to thank all the vendors whom I bought from this past weekend in her own way. Next time she should come to watch my spending.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was very well organized and laid out well. Stopped by Bloomington Gold (Vette national meet) and could not believe they wanted $20/ea to go through vendor area. Wish we could've had more vendors there. Had a great time.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Shift knob I bought looks outstanding, thanks!

You bought one too? I couldn't resist.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Secondly, to the patrons the fact that we can all get together and do a show through rain and shine and not a gripe from most makes the show enjoyable and a good family friendly atmosphere.

I can personally guarantee you that this made the show organizers happier with the show than anything else.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep great event congrats to all!

Originally posted by Sage:
I did get to meet a few that I'd previously only known online, so that was great, just wish I'd known some others were there as I'd have liked to met them as well.

Maybe for the next one (35th?) that could be arranged, i.e., a "sign in" sheet with our forum names so that anyone who wanted to could find out who else is in attendance, and at least make an attempt at a one on one. I suppose if I'd actually had my car there and registered and participated in the events, I'd have run into more folks on a one to one level, but I didn't. I was basically just along for the ride and the experience with Doug from Fierowarehouse.
[b][/b]

I feel that way after some events too. Maybe just name tags with Screen names

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Maybe just name tags with Screen names

Yep, I got one of the nametags with forum name on it. But that requires that you already be one on one with somebody, or at least close enough to read the badge, and even then, my "readers" ain't what they used to be . If there was a list of who is there, then it would be easier to "seek out" members knowing they are there somewhere.

Like I said, just a thought. Even the list would require going to where it is and reading it, and guessing that everyone in attendance is on it.

I don't know how this event could have been done any better than it was, I only wish I had known some of the folks that were there....were there, would liked to have met more of them. Guess I should "mingle" more?

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Yep, I got one of the nametags with forum name on it. But that requires that you already be one on one with somebody, or at least close enough to read the badge, and even then, my "readers" ain't what they used to be . If there was a list of who is there, then it would be easier to "seek out" members knowing they are there somewhere.

Like I said, just a thought. Even the list would require going to where it is and reading it, and guessing that everyone in attendance is on it.

We had actually considered the name board but debated how useful it would have been without some other contact info and privacy concerns nixed it... My name tag had my forum name on it, and I had a few people call out my first name as I walked by with a familiarity I didn't expect..

At the first Tyler show we used duct tape with Sharpie to make name tags big enough to read at a distance...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock