Has anyone made one of this? by deloreanant
Started on: 06-27-2013 07:58 PM
Replies: 8 (646 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 07-02-2013 05:01 PM
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some help. I took my car to the shop to get a few things done quickly. Just before leaving I said, "Oh, and the hood doesn't latch, so don't worry about that." I guess they thought I meant I needed it latched. So.... just before giving my car back today they slammed the hood down. Now it's latched and it started leaking coolant and we couldn't release the hood. I'm wondering if anyone has made one of these //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...010924-2-008917.html and if so and they happened to be going to the 30th show, if they could bring it with them. I'd just make one tonight but I don't have the time or equipment really.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slamming hood down makes me cringe... you never shut a fiero hood by dropping it down.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried the secondary release?

If you look behind the regular under dash lever there is a cable with a threaded end like a bolt snapped into the dash. If is to release the hood if the primary fails.

Many people never knew about them if they did not get a owners manual or owned it since new.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

Slamming hood down makes me cringe... you never shut a fiero hood by dropping it down.

I've been dropping them for 20 years without a single problem.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dropping... ok.... but slamming, not necessary.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I was gonna say that I have ALWAYS dropped mine from about a foot or so and it locks down nice and tight every time. Never seen any issues with the latch or any wear on any of the parts from it that I could tell... Having said that even tho my fiero is kind of a project and looks kinda crappy right now if I hired someone to work on my car and witnessed them slamming the hood down unnecessarily I would probably want to slap the **** out of him LOL...Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Have you tried the secondary release?

If you look behind the regular under dash lever there is a cable with a threaded end like a bolt snapped into the dash. If is to release the hood if the primary fails.

Many people never knew about them if they did not get a owners manual or owned it since new.

Yes I have. That was the first thing I tried....
crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jigsaw...

Have a friend hold the release lever at the open position and wiggle, jounce, bounce, pry and pray.
Remind your friend not to try to give the latch extra force, as that may break things worse...
deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted everyone to know that after I got back from the show, I made one of these tools and it opened my hood right up. I couldn't be happier. It certainly does work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock