Fiero Service Manual by Phirewire
Started on: 06-25-2013 10:22 PM
Replies: 26 (1064 views)
Last post by: sniper69 on 07-03-2013 09:55 AM
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have the service manual downloaded, I've been looking on the website it use to be located but I can not track it down.

Specfically the 86 fiero service manual.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've looked, I can not find it. Theres owner manual, matinence, and diy owners manual.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately he had to take down the Service Manuals. It was nice while it lasted. Thank you Thomas for hosting them for so long. Maybe someone that has them all could create a torrent for them.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-25-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

I've looked, I can not find it. Theres owner manual, matinence, and diy owners manual.

I swear as god as my witness it was there with the other manuals just a few minutes ago. I even made sure I wasn't looking at the owners manual. Now it's gone. Let me try again.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
See if anything here will help. I used to have this saved under favs, and I have deleted it somehow.

http://www.gobookee.net/gm-...iero-service-manual/

http://www.2shared.com/docu...ERVICE_REPAIR_M.html

UPLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 06-25-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Unfortunately he had to take down the Service Manuals. It was nice while it lasted. Thank you Thomas,

Well that sucks!

Jim
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Unfortunately he had to take down the Service Manuals. It was nice while it lasted. Thank you Thomas,

Did someone set the "Legal Eagles" loose on him ?

Glad I have 2 copies of the paper version for my '85 if the pdf versions have disappeared.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 06-27-2013).]

bulldog85043

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Anyone have the service manual downloaded, I've been looking on the website it use to be located but I can not track it down.

Specfically the 86 fiero service manual.

PM sent
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

Wayback Machine can be your friend. http://archive.org/web/web.php

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Service manuals have been removed do to ownership laws. This is as an attempt to keep this site legal and free for all.

I guess someone thought that they were missing out on a buck. Come on, it's a 25 plus year old car. There's always a way around it.

I've got a pdf copy of the 88 SM and other 88 literature from the site. Anyone need a copy, just let me know.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Service manuals have been removed do to ownership laws. This is as an attempt to keep this site legal and free for all.

I guess someone thought that they were missing out on a buck. Come on, it's a 25 plus year old car. There's always a way around it.

I've got a pdf copy of the 88 SM and other 88 literature from the site. Anyone need a copy, just let me know.

Ya I had to take them down as there was a person on here that turned me in. I saw there report with there name on it. I got contacted by a layer firm that represents Helms and had to remove them. I am not going to be prosecuted this time around so I can not put them back up as I will be on the second time around. I will not say who it was as I am taking the high road on this. It was fun while it lasted. I am safe on the rest of the stuff on the site. If I could put them up again I would as I think that with the age of the car this stuff should be free. What can you do.

Thanks for the support on the site as well.
Tom

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1997 Explorer 4X4 XLT

FieroNews

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m glad that I got a copy of the 88 SM on flashdrive.
It`s a big help.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:
Ya I had to take them down as there was a person on here that turned me in.

People like that should be beat to death with a tie-rod end. And no, i'm not being facetious, i'm dead serious.

I'm sure they will end up on i2p soon.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-27-2013).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I said, Wayback Machine can be your friend.
To spell it out - you put these 2 together.

http://archive.org/web/web.php

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

As I said, Wayback Machine can be your friend.
To spell it out - you put these 2 together.

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Pretty cool.

So....if I download something illegal from over 7 years ago, will the statute of limitations be up as soon as I start downloading???

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Pretty cool.

So....if I download something illegal from over 7 years ago, will the statute of limitations be up as soon as I start downloading???

Depends ...how fast is you internet connection?

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of all things I've spent money on for my Fiero's the most cost effective one has to be my OEM 86 Feiro shop manual, even with it;s faults here and there, it has paid for itself time again. Bite the bullet and buy one.

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Copyrights have steadily grown over the years, and with the money from some commercial businesses, a copyright can last forever, if they republish the work.

Published from 1923 to 1963 - When published with a copyright notice © or "Copyright [dates] by [author/owner]" - copyright protection lasts 28 years and could be renewed for an additional 67 years for a total of 95 years. If not renewed, now in public domain.

Created 1/1/1978 or after - When work is fixed in tangible medium of expression - notice is irrelevant - copyright protection lasts for the life of author and 70 years based on the the longest living author if jointly created or if work of corporate authorship, works for hire, or anonymous and pseudonymous works, the shorter of 95 years from publication, or 120 years from creation.

You would think it would become a moot point, but as long as there are lawyers and publishers, there are going to be copyright fights.

Now with disk based software entertainment being limited to who can buy and sell the disks, copyright will not matter as much, unless someone comes up with a way to bypass the security feature of the disk.

Funny how the laws have all changed to favor the corporate entities, while the citizens have been forced to the side by the laws and lawbreakers. ah, makers...
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Of all things I've spent money on for my Fiero's the most cost effective one has to be my OEM 86 Feiro shop manual, even with it;s faults here and there, it has paid for itself time again. Bite the bullet and buy one.

Last i heard you can't buy an original even if you want to as they are out of print.

Not only that but some of us would prefer it in a digital format and NOT a 10 pound blob of dead tree.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashyoung:
Now with disk based software entertainment being limited to who can buy and sell the disks, copyright will not matter as much, unless someone comes up with a way to bypass the security feature of the disk.

The concept of purchasing physical media is rapidly dying out. ( not saying i agree, but 'the masses' are buying into the concept )
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

The concept of purchasing physical media is rapidly dying out. ( not saying i agree, but 'the masses' are buying into the concept )

I agree, most repair manuals I use are now online.
It saves me from having to do upgrades to paper copies, and having to worry about the rev levels.
Trouble is, it does cost to have such a library service.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It saves me from having to do upgrades to paper copies, and having to worry about the rev levels.

When i meant digital, i meant local copies. I don't want my stuff out in the cloud . i want control ..

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-29-2013).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like AllData online, etc?
Nice when available and if you have good connection.
Having that on CD/DVD in the past had problems but you didn't need online access to use it.
No internet for any reason and your online library is hosed.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

whitestar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroTony, Thank you for the help with the 88 Service Manual. I gave you a positive rating.

[This message has been edited by whitestar (edited 07-02-2013).]

sniper69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Last i heard you can't buy an original even if you want to as they are out of print.

Not only that but some of us would prefer it in a digital format and NOT a 10 pound blob of dead tree.

I bought an original 1986 fiero service manual that was NOS on ebay. It also came with the 1986 electrical diagnosis manual supplement. It was almost $80 but worth the price.

With that said - it is nice to have a digital copy of a manual, especially one that is searchable - those seem to be available on ebay too.

Here is one that looks like what I got (same seller too, lol) http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...WIRING-/360674165322

Here is a search that will show 86 fiero service manuals for sale (print and digital) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...vice+manual&_sacat=0

Hope this can help someone looking for one.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock