Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pics of 4th Gen Firebird/Trans Am Hood Vents??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pics of 4th Gen Firebird/Trans Am Hood Vents?? by retroman
Started on: 06-25-2013 05:53 PM
Replies: 9 (945 views)
Last post by: Grabber Green on 07-29-2013 05:24 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking around, and even though I see alot of people claiming to use them on their Fieros, I haven't really seen too many pics of the finished product. If anyone has pics of early 4th gen hood vents installed, please share. I am thinking of doing the same for my car. Thanks.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a pair and find myself in the same boat. Would love to see what people have done with them.

Brian
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have pics of these vents on a fiero?

Brian
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl used the Camaro vents on the Madarch (see Construction Zone). I thought he did some experimenting with the Firebird vents, too. Personally, I looked at using the Firebird vents, but since they were non-functional, I didn't. I've seen more use of the 3'rd gen T/A vents in the fenders than anything else from the 4'th gens.

Bob
RumbleB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done this. The hood looks great! It takes a lot of work to get the hood to look right.
If someone could tell me how to post photos, on this forum, from my Galaxy S3, I can show everyone.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

I have done this. The hood looks great! It takes a lot of work to get the hood to look right.
If someone could tell me how to post photos, on this forum, from my Galaxy S3, I can show everyone.

I've never uploaded pics from my cell phone before, but if you have a photobucket account, you can upload there, copy the URL, come back to PFF, click the Image button when you post, and paste. I can't wait to see the pics!!

Originally posted by RCR:

Personally, I looked at using the Firebird vents, but since they were non-functional, I didn't. I've seen more use of the 3'rd gen T/A vents in the fenders than anything else from the 4'th gens.

Not that hard to make them functional. I like taking stuff that was designed purely for looks, and make it do what it looks like it should do.
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, it took a while to post the photos. I had to wait to get back to my computer. If you do this project, there is a lot of blending in to get it to look right and as you can see the vents were cut open to make them functional.

retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RumbleB, that's one of the best hoods I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing I went ahead and got a set off of ebay to play around with.

[This message has been edited by retroman (edited 06-30-2013).]

RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you like it. If you have any questions, just ask.
Good luck!
Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RumbleB ... what did you do to the rear decklid? I see in in one of the photos. Can you show photos of that as well? I'm thanking of adding a rear scoop for air ventilation.

Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock