Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  30th Place to hang out at night (downtown Indy)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
30th Place to hang out at night (downtown Indy) by Ayrow
Started on: 06-25-2013 02:51 PM
Replies: 11 (712 views)
Last post by: Nurb432 on 06-30-2013 08:06 PM
Ayrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would pass this along to you guys visiting Indy this weekend.
I'm sure many of you will take advantage of cruising up and down Meridian St. in downtown Indy at night, but I thought I might offer a place for you guys to hang out afterwords that won't cost a fortune.

My night job is that I am a musician (in the daytime I am a photographer).
I work, five nights a week, playing rock 'n' roll at a dueling piano bar called Howl at the Moon, right downtown along the main strip of Indianapolis.

One of the things you will quickly notice is that going to bars downtown Thurs-Sat is expensive because of the %^$#@ cover charges, not to mention the parking.
However, downtown is the place to be at night and a lot of fun, especially if you have a nice car to cruise around in.

I just cleared this with the owners of our club and if you mention "FIERO GROUP" you will be able to get in our club for free, all weekend.
Thursday is the night to come out. It's college night, but beers are only a dollar.
Friday and Saturday will most-likely be packed later on, so get down there a little early.

If the weather holds, you'll see my Blue GT parked somewhere downtown, at night.

Anyway, if you make it downtown, please say hello. I'll be rocking on the piano, drums, or fiddle, all night long. ;-)
You'll be able to get get in the club for free, but unfortunately you'll still have to deal with parking. (after 9pm, all the downtown meters are FREE to park at).

Looking forward to this weekend!

-Tod

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool...
Z3SpdDmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Z3SpdDmnSend a Private Message to Z3SpdDmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to make it one night!

------------------
Anthony

'88 Fiero GT 5-spd "barn find"
2012 NASA SpecE30 National Champion
www.DriveFasterNow.com

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is very cool of you to arrange!

BTW..... I play the drums too. We will have something to talk about at the show other than Fieros.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros, beer and live music- it doesn't get much better than that!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have to be 21 to hang out there?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Do you have to be 21 to hang out there?

Welcome to the post-MADD world. I've never been to a proper bar that wasn't 21-over (it's listed on their website).

They may not check your ID at the door, however, I wouldn't bank on it as every place I've been to in Indiana enforced that rule with zero exceptions given. Sorry, dude, you'll just have to grow into it

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 06-27-2013).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, whyyy. Stupid laws. I wish they could put Xs on people's hands like they used to so everyone knows they can't drink. Well, at least I'll be able to go to the bars at the 35th Anniversary XD
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Ugh, whyyy. Stupid laws. I wish they could put Xs on people's hands like they used to so everyone knows they can't drink. Well, at least I'll be able to go to the bars at the 35th Anniversary XD

Yup, sorry. Indiana is a stickler about that. Even if you look 50 years old, you still have to have an ID and you'll be carded.
In Indiana, you have to have an ID on you if you are in ANY bar. State law.
Bars get fined heavily if they don't comply, so there is no tolerance.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a howl at the moon here in Charlotte and it's always a great time! Be sure to check it out and tip well with song requests! Wish I could join...
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be at the Grand am race if anyone wants to meet up.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

Yup, sorry. Indiana is a stickler about that. Even if you look 50 years old, you still have to have an ID and you'll be carded.
In Indiana, you have to have an ID on you if you are in ANY bar. State law.
Bars get fined heavily if they don't comply, so there is no tolerance.

Right, one can thank all the cheaters for more restrictive laws like this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock