Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gauging Interest...Center Console Skeleton? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging Interest...Center Console Skeleton? by fierogtlt1
Started on: 06-24-2013 08:23 PM
Replies: 196 (9799 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 03-04-2015 09:34 AM
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also interested in one. ( own page 4 )

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 11-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting a picture of your surgery. It was clearly necessary for everyone to see this.

If I am running a bit behind on a delivery due to having a stomach flu, I will post pictures of the resulting diarrhea for everyone to see LOL!
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be very interested in this as well!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I claim the number 24 position

Interested.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it doesn't really matter,but I can make the skeletons with the colored resin I have available.
fieroVAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroVANSend a Private Message to fieroVANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set please.
Phil Van
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My supplier for casting resin is not going to be able to ship out my order until January because of such a large quantity.
So the sale in "The Mall" will not go on until January now.The only good news is that I got enough threaded inserts and cap screws.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shifter section of skeleton cut and ready for the mold.

Shifter section of skeleton mold poured.

Center section of skeleton cut and ready for the mold.

Try to get some more of the skeleton poured later and ready for the resin.
I know the middle pic of the poured mold came out blurry as hell.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed you had me on the list to purchase, while I find it very interesting to watch the progress of a product that has been asked for many times over I am doing a full interior swap. I may consider purchase at a later date for one of the other cars but not in near future..
Great work by the way please keep posted on progress.. Will continue to follow this thread.

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I just noticed you had me on the list to purchase, while I find it very interesting to watch the progress of a product that has been asked for many times over I am doing a full interior swap. I may consider purchase at a later date for one of the other cars but not in near future..
Great work by the way please keep posted on progress.. Will continue to follow this thread.

The list was really letting me know how many people were interested in this product.Because if enough people were not interested I was not
going to be making the Center Console Skeletons.Thank You for the compliment on the work so far.I will be making shifter console plates next with or without the ashtrays and the power window/mirror switches intergrated into the shift console plate.This way there will be no need for the lower shift console switch plate at all.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 12-15-2013).]

KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were you able to get that out of the rubber? Looks like it should have been a 2 piece mold. Set in clay first. Just curious...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
PRND3L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested, how do I get on the list?
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
List updated to add " PRND3L ".

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Here is the list of people interested in new Skeletons.Thank You.
1. Twinn
2. JamesCurtis
3. lou_dias
4. TXOPIE
5. Boostdreamer
6. 1984whitesc
7. PatrickTRoof
8. BV Motorsports
9. goatvenom
10. deloreanant
11. pegasus 1848
12. disjaukifa
13. bmac
14. Austrian Import
15. fieroseblack
16. Chooko
17. Lornes GT
18. mitchjl22
19. My88RedGT
20. labbe001
21. jb1
22. flimbob
23. ICCAMDFIERO
24. gtxbullet
25. fieroVAN
26. PRND3L
27. Sundowner

Project is gonna have to go o hold for a little while.I got Pneumonia again....And I am probably going to be admitted to the hospital to get a lung puncture done again to drain my lungs so it doesn't collapse again.Will resume at the beginning of the year.I am going to bring some to
the Daytona 2014 show to see if there is any interest.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 12-18-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by KOS:

Were you able to get that out of the rubber? Looks like it should have been a 2 piece mold. Set in clay first. Just curious...

Yes I was able to get it out of the mold.This is not the regular silicone rubber that you can only use once.
This product can be heated and poured to mold a item and then you can melt it down again and again to make a mold as many times as
possible.Plus the casting resin I can get in a multitude of different colors.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First Merry Christmas and hope all is okay, but curiosity sets in, why are you getting this procedure done on your hand?

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

First Merry Christmas and hope all is okay, but curiosity sets in, why are you getting this procedure done on your hand?

I have Systemic Scleroderma with lung involvement.
With Scleroderma your skin tightens soo much that it bends your fingers to a position to where you can't use them.

These pics are from before my hand surgery.I am actually able to use my right hand now,as before I couldn't hardly use it at all.
Thank You again for the kind words and support and Merry Christmas to you too.
Sundowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SundownerSend a Private Message to SundownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude that's freaky as hell... I would be interested in getting one of these too but prob not till spring time.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you are attending the Daytona Show! The center console skeleton will most certainly be of interest to everyone there! I think we need to get you set up with your own tent / booth to: show it off in, sell, & answer questions ect. I can't wait to see it!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Glad to hear you are attending the Daytona Show! The center console skeleton will most certainly be of interest to everyone there! I think we need to get you set up with your own tent / booth to: show it off in, sell, & answer questions ect. I can't wait to see it!

Thanks John.....I might be able to have about 10 to 20 to bring with me to the show.They will be in "The Mall" for sale in Jan. Or Feb.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 01-15-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got some casting resin dropped off today from the UPS truck.So hopefully I can get some castings done this weekend.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have an idea yet on what the price will be?

-Mitch
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Added to the list.
They will be $100.00 plus shipping.
Included with T-15 machine screws for the recessed threaded inserts where the center console,shifter plate,power window / mirror switchplate, A/C controls, Stereo and faceplate mount.
Plus it will include the hardware to attach the 4 seperate pieces together to make a whole center console skeleton.

Thank You again for your interest in this much needed product.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 01-15-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is taking really long to get done but I have some parts cast....Pics will be up soon...
Every time I get out of breath because of my condition and have to stop and hook up to my Oxygen concentrator so I don't collapse on the floor and end up in the hospital again.Sorry it has taken soo long but parts are being cast as I speak.Thank You.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 01-20-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some Center Console Skeleton parts in the mold waiting for the silicone rubber to cure then will pour the resin tonight
or tomorrow morning when back from my doctors appointment.

------------------
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that's the same thing Bill Nighy has, isn't it?

I'd love to get a new skeleton myself, possibly after I can find the same colored interior parts to glue on & swap everything in an afternoon.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doober:

I believe that's the same thing Bill Nighy has, isn't it?

Dupuytren's contracture
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are you doing fierogtlt1? Are you OK? Following the skeleton thread.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got some Center Console Skeleton parts in the mold waiting for the silicone rubber to cure then will pour the resin tonight
or tomorrow morning when back from my doctors appointment.

I wanted to first say, after going through the thread, I'm glad things didn't turn out worse. I wish you the best for your health.

Also wanted to add myself to the 'interested' list. Especially if there's a double-din version. (If not, no big deal!)
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

I wanted to first say, after going through the thread, I'm glad things didn't turn out worse. I wish you the best for your health.

Also wanted to add myself to the 'interested' list. Especially if there's a double-din version. (If not, no big deal!)

The double DIN version is the same.The metal tab behind the stereo shown here will be removable in order to make your aftermarket stereo flush with the faceplate.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by fierobug:

How are you doing fierogtlt1? Are you OK? Following the skeleton thread.

I'm OK .....I can actually use my right hand now.My Doctor told me last week that I am in remission and doing the best since I have been seeing him.So hopefully I will be getting off the Chemo soon.So April will mark the 6 years I have had this disease.I was told in 2008 that I have 3 to 5 years max to live so I feel really lucky to still be here.I wanted to make it to the Daytona show this year but it is very hard to get any help from anybody around here.Now my goal is to have some of these done ASAP,hopefully this April I will be able to get the thread in
"The Mall" for these.

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a long tough winter in Rochester,NY. You have it made in Orlando with a blazing sun! Glad to hear you are doing good.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

It's been a long tough winter in Rochester,NY. You have it made in Orlando with a blazing sun! Glad to hear you are doing good.

Thank You for the kind words Fierobug.
I swear that I need to have these going into "The Mall" this
Spring/Summer time to fill the needs of the people that are interested in this item.I am also making a shifter plate with no ashtrays and the power window/mirror switches incorporated into the shift plate without using the lower plate and also the cigarette lighter plate.....Plus more parts to come afterwards this year hopefully.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest selling them with no cut outs for the ashtrays, instead just provide a paper template. I'm sure many would like ditch them, besides, only fidiots smoke these days anyway. Good luck with the venture.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this is gonna have to put this off for a couple months.My Pulmonologist is going to be doing lung surgery on me soon.Hopefully
the surgery goes well so I can get back to this project ASAP.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be trying a new brand of resin for making the skeleton's soon.So I was thinking about the whole console skeleton.It seems that
the only area that breaks is where the screws attach the stereo,A/C and faceplate plus the shifter plate.The sides of the console skeleton next
to the tunnel hardly ever break or get stress cracks.So I am contemplating whether or not the sides even should be made or not.If the sides
don't need to be manufactured and the old sides just reused for the new console skeleton.The price of the skeleton can be reduced being that I won't be using as much resin to make this item.They will still be made with the threaded brass inserts to keep the plastic from cross threading and eventually breaking.Plus will come with allen head machine screws for the shift plate,face plate,stereo and the A/C controls.

Please let me know,because if I don't need to make the sides it will knock the sell price down to $75.00 Thank You.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just casted a smaller part to test a new brand of resin.The power window/mirror switch plate.Casted in tan to show the detail better.

The original

And the copy cast in tan.Just need to be sanded and cleaned up now.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 05-18-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump for this project that seems is taking me way too long to accomplish.I started in July of last year and had no idea that it would take this long.But trial and error with different manufacturers of the right silicone and casting resin has come to a end.Now I have found the right casting resin that will withstand the force of weight on top of it from the center console without shattering.Plus allowing the threaded inserts to be counter sunk into the plastic,therefore no shattering of the screw holes.

So to all the people that were interested in this very much needed Fiero product that no vendor is currently making.Thank You for your patience and these will be out in "The Mall" soon.I go back to my doctor in 2 weeks,so hopefully no lung biopsy surgery will be needed this time.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I went for my Chemotherapy treatment yesterday.......And now I am sick as hell.So I can't work on anything as to my Fiero or this project for a while.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you could write a how-to thread showing us how to copy parts like you are doing. It has been a while since I looked at this thread and maybe all the info is here but if not, it would make a good thread by itself and would be nice to have other people chime in with all the tips and tricks.

Just a thought for giving you something you might be able to work on while you can't really get "hands on" out in the garage for a while.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some resin cast last night.The new resin came out much better than the old brand I was using.Just needs to be sanded and cleaned up a bit.Got rid of the top grooves to make the skeleton stronger than the original one.

Bottom of the original skeleton piece.

Bottom of the new casted of skeleton piece.

Top of the original skeleton piece.

Top of the new casted part of the skeleton.

You can see from the new casted part that the rear tabs by the ECM are made about 2 to 3 times thicker than the original to prevent from cracking and the tabs breaking off.

I will have some more pics up as soon as this weekend for some new casted skeleton parts.

Please let me know if you think that these came out good enough to start mass producing.
Before I spend a lot of money on casting supplies.Thank You very much for taking a look at this project for a very much needed Fiero product that is not currently in production by any person or company that I know of.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock