Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gauging Interest...Center Console Skeleton? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging Interest...Center Console Skeleton? by fierogtlt1
Started on: 06-24-2013 08:23 PM
Replies: 196 (9798 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 03-04-2015 09:34 AM
disjaukifa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for disjaukifaSend a Private Message to disjaukifaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for one as well! Count me in!
IP: Logged
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 07-30-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AGAIN...interested in 2...want to see prototype first.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would DEFINITELY be interested in a shift plate!
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very interested as well pending some pics....also was a price every given for these? Thanks.

Brian
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you make it fit a double DIN headunit?

edit: to add HVAC on bottom, Heatunit (stereo) in the middle.

Do they all have to be the same or does you template allow for flexibility?

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 07-19-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Can you make it fit a double DIN headunit?

edit: to add HVAC on bottom, Heatunit (stereo) in the middle.

Do they all have to be the same or does you template allow for flexibility?

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested............

Mike Parker
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chooko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am HIGHLY interested in this, and can't wait to see it in the mall.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chooko:

I am HIGHLY interested in this, and can't wait to see it in the mall.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read in another thread about swapping the radio for the a/c heater controls position. If that works out I would be interested.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I read in another thread about swapping the radio for the a/c heater controls position. If that works out I would be interested.

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im interested in one. following you on fb as well
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

im interested in one. following you on fb as well

KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I would be interested in one that angled the console area from the end of the shift surround up...allowing for double-din stereos to be installed.

something like this

The one thing I noticed is that I had to cut the HVAC duct back in order to have enough room to route new hoses to the vents and have enough room for everything else. My console is obviously not the same and skeleton will simply be cut down for my application, but just keep that in mind when wanting the vents at the bottom. It may fit just fine I dont know (just food for thought), I am not using a double din, I have a tablet that will flip up to a stereo behind it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
:sleep:

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 07-29-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I am not in for a new skeleton yet, making it out of multiple pieces would make servicing shift assembly and taking apart the dash much easier. Product looks great.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by masospaghetti:

While I am not in for a new skeleton yet, making it out of multiple pieces would make servicing shift assembly and taking apart the dash much easier. Product looks great.

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We may have to do some bartering! Now lets see... What might I have that you could possibly want?...

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

We may have to do some bartering! Now lets see... What might I have that you could possibly want?...

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you doing for the sides of the skeleton... I see a lot of flat/one dimensional pictures of the top (besides the radio/HVAC, of course) but the carpet attaches to the sides of the skeleton along the tank tunnel, as well as the plastic mounts for the cruise control module and Performance Sound amp...

Any more pics of those details?
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

I'm leaving that part for last since it is a lot easier to build than the rest of the skeleton.That is just a thin piece bent to shape with a heat gun to match the original and drill mounting holes and install clips for the modules.Those "Flat" pieces you see are Templates as
mentioned above with all the measurements and specs written on
the back.That is the reason why they are flat.

Cool... just curious as no one had asked. Thanks!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012
Thank You...

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 07-31-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092407.html
Contact this guy, he seems a lot more low key and has a great design.
Ray
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-31-2013).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey... just chiming in to say i hope you don't give up on this, especially since you have already come this far.

As for the other thread vs this thread... believe me... that is not a big deal. Everyone on PFF that has been here any length of time cant count the number of times that a product starts to get developed and ideas kicked around that never pan out. As the center console skeleton is something that EVERY fiero no matter what year, model, or kit has... and that it is made with plastic that does not hold up to heat, stress, and 30 years of age well... all of us enthusiasts want a viable replacement source...

Good luck on your project, and as synth said above... good luck on the health.

I hope you get a chance to meet Carbon someday. I met him for the first time at the 30th and he is immediately likeable. Much better than all that other riff raff in Minnesota...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

hey... just chiming in to say i hope you don't give up on this, especially since you have already come this far.

As for the other thread vs this thread... believe me... that is not a big deal. Everyone on PFF that has been here any length of time cant count the number of times that a product starts to get developed and ideas kicked around that never pan out. As the center console skeleton is something that EVERY fiero no matter what year, model, or kit has... and that it is made with plastic that does not hold up to heat, stress, and 30 years of age well... all of us enthusiasts want a viable replacement source...

Good luck on your project, and as synth said above... good luck on the health.

I hope you get a chance to meet Carbon someday. I met him for the first time at the 30th and he is immediately likeable. Much better than all that other riff raff in Minnesota...

Thank You....But my health forces me to work at a much slower pace than normal.
I should still be able to have the first one done in a few weeks.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-31-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to get this project done in a timely manner but it seems to be taking a lot longer than I expected.

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 08-01-2013).]

bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold on, I'm completely confused.... Did something happen?!?

Brian
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

Hold on, I'm completely confused.... Did something happen?!?

Brian

Nope...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-31-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave