$95,000 Fiero For Sale by Primaris
Started on: 06-22-2013 04:38 PM
Replies: 36 (3867 views)
Last post by: Luke on 01-21-2014 11:34 PM
Primaris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a quick look and didn't see any threads discussing the Fiero race car that is for sale, $95,000. Did I just miss them?

------------------
My Car Site www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!
DRAG RACING - So easy a Caveman can do it!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Fiero race car for sale? It'd help if you posted a link to it.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Curly might be selling one of his cars! (J/k).
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

I thought Curly might be selling one of his cars! (J/k).

Lmbo! That's exactly what I was thinking. No joke. Exactly! Lol
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know of a link, kinda what I was asking myself.

Here is the ad as it appears in the July '13 issue of SportsCar Magazine:

Pontiac Fiero > One of four built by Huffaker Spice running gear, tube frame, fiberglass panels, now with NASCAR Chevy 354 cu/in V-8 with 650HP. Recent restoration and engine rebuild. Won 17 GTU IMSA races with Bob Earl and Terry Visger w/4cyl Pontiac, ran GTO IMSA with Dominic Dobson w/6cyl Buick. Over 25 overall wins running SP in SF region w/Buick/Chevy. Price $95,000, lots of spares, call (831) 484-0994 or email terry.mchenry@comcast.net. [24824-08]

There is a picture of the car above the ad. It is two tone white over black or dark brown separated by a one or two inch red stripe. GT body with silver #42sp on the side and a very high silver whale tail wing. I think it's been in the classifieds for the last three months.

[This message has been edited by Primaris (edited 06-23-2013).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the car look like the one in my avatar?

I went to the sportscar website but to view that magazine, they want me to subscribe to the website for $45.

Here is a Bob Earl ad from the 80's

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-23-2013).]

Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, the $45 is to become a member of the SCCA, but that isn't really the point I guess I should have said the magazine is the one you get when you are a member of the SCCA.

Yea that is mostly what it looks like. Except there is no spoiler. Instead there is a very tall wing.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just emailed the person in your link. This MAY be the #55 that sold at Barrett Jackson a few years ago. Judging by the race car driver names that are in the ad, they all drove the #55 or #50 IMSA. This could get good
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Part of this sounds right for the Huffaker package but the changes may be what accounts for the Spice tag.

The Valvoline car ran in GTO and had a V6 in it and used some of the Spice GTP light parts in the suspension.

I had not heard of the other cars running in GTO or with a V8 in them but with old race cars you never know what someone may have done to them.

Little was said about these cars once Pontiac killed the Fiero. I know Geroge Robinson ran in the GTU on his own with one or two of the Huffaker cars for a while. It was still a 4 cylinder then. I used to see him at Mid Ohio for a while.

The only V6 I ever saw run in GTO was the Valvoline car and it was a 90 degree Chevy in it with a spice rear suspension. It was built, run and still owned by the Dingman Brothers.

I know some of the GTP light cars were converted to Buick and V8 Chevys as Firebirds later on. These were Spice platforms and prototype cars not stock bodies. I do not recall Huffaker being involved with them.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Part of this sounds right for the Huffaker package but the changes may be what accounts for the Spice tag.

The Valvoline car ran in GTO and had a V6 in it and used some of the Spice GTP light parts in the suspension.

I had not heard of the other cars running in GTO or with a V8 in them but with old race cars you never know what someone may have done to them.

Little was said about these cars once Pontiac killed the Fiero. I know Geroge Robinson ran in the GTU on his own with one or two of the Huffaker cars for a while. It was still a 4 cylinder then. I used to see him at Mid Ohio for a while.

The only V6 I ever saw run in GTO was the Valvoline car and it was a 90 degree Chevy in it with a spice rear suspension. It was built, run and still owned by the Dingman Brothers.

I know some of the GTP light cars were converted to Buick and V8 Chevys as Firebirds later on. These were Spice platforms and prototype cars not stock bodies. I do not recall Huffaker being involved with them.

For me the whole "art" of the race car was the high performance 4 cylinder. Pumping as much performance out of a small motor without any external enhancements (supercharger/nitrous/turbo). Changing it to a Chevy motor is a waste. I want that damned 4 cyl

Edit to add.......no offense to Paul (R Runner) who is running a pumped up 8cyl

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-23-2013).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Edit to add.......no offense to Paul (R Runner) who is running a pumped up 8cyl

None taken.

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Primaris:
Yea that is mostly what it looks like. Except there is no spoiler. Instead there is a very tall wing.

Or does it look like this one?

I suspect it's this one, given the quoted description says Spice in it, and not IMSA. The IMSA cars looked more like the actual Fiero, while the Spice cars looked a bit different, but did maintain certain features of the Fiero design.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There should be a chassis number if it is on of the Huffaker cars.

When Bob Earl started running in 1985 he drove chassis number GTU-001 Visger for the most part drove chassis GTU-003. Dick Murray ran chassis GTU-002. This chassis is accounted for. Without documentation and/or a chassis number, it could be one of several different cars and NOT actually the GTU-001 car as claimed.

Also, I believe that the Dingman Brothers car sold a year or two ago and is out on the west cost.

For reference, here is a spotters guide I put together.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by dobey:

I suspect it's this one, given the quoted description says Spice in it, and not IMSA. The IMSA cars looked more like the actual Fiero, while the Spice cars looked a bit different, but did maintain certain features of the Fiero design.

As mentioned before, Spice was involved with the "Fiero looking" GTU and GTO cars in the later years it could be one of those. $95,000 is very cheap for a GTPL. Currently the 24 Entech car is for sale for about $250,000.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what the owner replied to my email. I asked if it was the same one that was auctioned at Barrett Jackson:

It it different one. This one was sponsored by Mr Goodwrench and Huffaker for IMSA races in the late 1980s. Dobson ran it in a couple of TransAm races and then it sat for about 8 years until i bought it in 1999.

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the rear wing, Spice suspension, (and all the wins ) that sounds a lot like my car. I'm running the same HP, and added a front splitter.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, That's the car. The car is owned by Terry McHenry and is the car in a in-car foootage thread from Laguna Seca a year or so ago.
It is a tube chassis GTU-GTO car like RRunner's and my car, but uses the suspension from the Spice GTP car and the Hewland DGB transaxle. He contacted me a few years ago for body panels and put him in contact with the person who owns the Huffaker molds where I get my parts from. I have some pics of the car befoer he restored it, but they are at work. It's a nice car with some very special parts in it,hence the asking price. A Hewland DGB transaxle alone is $12-15k. The Spice suspension are some pricy parts too.
When the Dingman car sold, I understand the price was north of $120k, but this was for a car with a IMSA wins and used for only one season then put away. Top tier Trans Am/GT1 cars go between $60-120k. So I suspect he is basing his asking price on that. If he sells his for close to that, I might consider selling mine for half that. With an IMSA history and a similar drive train, It might be a bargain for someone!
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

http://www.racer.com/direct...fiero/listing/76623/

Yea, that is the one. This months ad has the engine listed as 354. The last two months it was listed as 454.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

http://www.racer.com/direct...fiero/listing/76623/

You know,
After reading the ad, I gotta say something.... I'm not calling anyone a lier, but not many Fieros have won 17 IMSA GTU races, and I am fairly confident that was not a car that did. After looking at my pics this morning of his car from before the restoration, and from what he originally told me years ago, I would say that that was one of the later cars that Huffaker built for SCCA GT1/2 club racing. There are many similar element to Jack Ondrak's car, which was one of the last built. Terry's car was built originally as a longitudinal-transaxle/engine car. The 1987-88 Goodwrench cars were transverse cars- totally different from the rear roll hoop back. The car it could possibly be is a car I have a pic of from only the front 3/4 view( which doesn't show the suspension or side) from late 1988-89(which was the last year of IMSA eligibility I think) of a Huffaker-entered car painted in the Goodwrench colors with 74 Ranch sponsership driven by George Robinson.
According to both Huffaker and Jack( who owns the Dick Murray GTU Spice/Fiero 4cyl car), the Spice suspension was not much better but more complex and expensive than the original,simpler suspension.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

One of those ran at Mid Ohio in the Vintage GP a few times. It or another one, sold in Ohio minus any interior or drivetrain for a few thousand a few years back. It was pretty much a tube frame with a body and had an extra windshield. I almost bought it myself to make an exotic custom street car.

Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few thousand as in under 10k? Sounds like a "wish I could have been there" type deal
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

http://www.russoandsteele.c...-Pontiac-Fiero/56392

It's up for auction this month.

Here's the ad/pictures for future reference (that link won't last forever):

"1984 Pontiac Fiero Racecar

Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale August 15th-17th at Russo and Steele's 13th Annual Monterey, California Auction. Please contact us for more information.

In 1984 Pontiac assigned a project to Huffaker Engineering to build a Pontiac Fiero for IMSA GTU competition. Spice had already developed their car for Pontiac but Huffaker’’s was to be different. They built a tube frame chasis with adjustable anti-squat and anit-dive adjustments that the prior Spice cars did not have. The frame was also more rigid with a better roll bar design. The car had Spice running gear but modified to Huffaker handling specs. They developed the Super-Duty 4 cylinder engine which was very potent. The fuel system was also one of their own design with better supply to the engine. The radiator/oil cooler had a higher cooling capacity.

Although Huffaker built additional Fieros for both GTU and IMSA Light, as near as we can tell they built 4 Fieros in our configuration. They campaigned two of these cars in co-sponsorship with Mr. Goodwrench, running cars number 50 and 55. Car 55 was the most successful and that is the car that we now own. In 1985-86 the car was driven by Bob Earl in 27 IMSA races scoring 10 GTU victories and 16 poles. This included tracks such as Laguna Seca, Portland, Watkins Glen, and Sears Point. In 1987, again with Mr. Goodwrench and Huffaker co-sponsorship, the car was driven by Terry Visger. He was also successful running 10 races with 7 victories as such tracks as Mid-
Ohio, Road Atlanta and West Palm.

Huffaker then in 1989 converted the car to compete in TransAm races. The 4 cylinder was replaced by a 4.5 liter Buick V-6 and sold to a corporate sponsor. The CEO then drove it in three TransAm races at Dallas, Detroit and Des Moines. The sponsorship was then terminated and the car was next run in two
IMSA races in GTO class. The driver was Dominic Dobson who placed 6th and 8th in class.

The car then sat until 1999 when I purchased it. In the past 12 years I have competed in SCCA San Francisco Region races. Over that period I have won more than 25 races running in the SP (Super Production) class and have set the qualifying track record at both Laguna Seca and Sears Point. The Buick engines were getting tired so last year we upgraded. We did a complete frame off restoration and added a NASCAR Chevy 354 V-8. Although I am now 75 years old, I am still winning races with this car.

The car is in the best shape it has ever been with a new Huffaker engine rebuild, new paint in Mr Goodwrench colors and rebuilt transmission on top of the complete restoration. The car has been professionally maintained by Auto Spa in Sonoma.

CAR SOLD ON BILL OF SALE."
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

A few thousand as in under 10k? Sounds like a "wish I could have been there" type deal

Yep, I think he sold it for like $1800. I ended up paying $2500 for a used GT40 kitcar instead.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yep, I think he sold it for like $1800. I ended up paying $2500 for a used GT40 kitcar instead.

He was asking 95000, and then sold it for 1800$ at auction? Are you serious?

------------------

Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got mixed up. The one that went for 1800 is the spice body fiero (the one that doesn't look like a fiero in the pics above) I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat if I knew about it. The one for auction has an IMSA fastback body widebody and is up to auction next week. Unlike the 1800 dollar one which was probably a rough rolling chassis this one is a nice turnkey car.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something sounds wrong as just the hood alone was a $15K item on the spice and the rear section also was near $20K back in the 80's. You could part this car out to vintage racers for more if it were a real Spice.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What anything sold for 30 years ago is immaterial. I know about this one because I seen the ads he had selling it. I talked to the guy selling it. Since it was only a body shell and tube frame I wasnt interested. I found out about it originally at the Vintage Grand Prix at Mid Ohio at the time. It was probably about 10 years ago now. Anyway, its longggg gone now. The GT40 was a complete running car, just as rough as hell. No interior, no brakes, no lights. It started and ran enough to move it and I thought that was a better starting place for me. Old Nascar stock cars cost up over $250,000 too, but you can pick one up for vintage racing for less than $25,000 if you hunt hard enough.

I did a little checking myself. Another one just a body, sold on EBay in 2001 for $3100 in Oregon.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-11-2014).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What anything sold for 30 years ago is immaterial. I know about this one because I seen the ads he had selling it. I talked to the guy selling it. Since it was only a body shell and tube frame I wasnt interested. I found out about it originally at the Vintage Grand Prix at Mid Ohio at the time. It was probably about 10 years ago now. Anyway, its longggg gone now. The GT40 was a complete running car, just as rough as hell. No interior, no brakes, no lights. It started and ran enough to move it and I thought that was a better starting place for me. Old Nascar stock cars cost up over $250,000 too, but you can pick one up for vintage racing for less than $25,000 if you hunt hard enough.

I did a little checking myself. Another one just a body, sold on EBay in 2001 for $3100 in Oregon.

I do not doubt you but a local guy here sold a body for a 962 BFG GTP for a lot more than that and all it had was the body a seat and a steering wheel on 4 tires and wheels. No engine or anything else.

Just when I saw a broken corner off a GTS car not long sell for near $700 it just sounded too cheap.

There is a local restaurant here that also has a 1/4 of one of the XJR9 Castrol Jags and they paid a good price for that. Even engineless Indy cars driven by a no name can bring $20K.

Just sounded like a deal that was too good to be true but I will take your word.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA's aren't selling well right now for some reason it sucks.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do not doubt you but a local guy here sold a body for a 962 BFG GTP for a lot more than that and all it had was the body a seat and a steering wheel on 4 tires and wheels. No engine or anything else.

Just when I saw a broken corner off a GTS car not long sell for near $700 it just sounded too cheap.

There is a local restaurant here that also has a 1/4 of one of the XJR9 Castrol Jags and they paid a good price for that. Even engineless Indy cars driven by a no name can bring $20K.

Just sounded like a deal that was too good to be true but I will take your word.

Theres a BIG difference in value between a Porsche GTP and a Fiero GTP. A local guy has a Jag C type he races at vintage races. Its worth $4 million. You will never ever find a Fiero for 1/20th of that even if Hulki himself owned it.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Theres a BIG difference in value between a Porsche GTP and a Fiero GTP. A local guy has a Jag C type he races at vintage races. Its worth $4 million. You will never ever find a Fiero for 1/20th of that even if Hulki himself owned it.

Well Duh!

I just would think it would have done better even as a Fiero.

And what does a local guy with a complete C type have to do with any of this? We are talking only body parts from an IMSA car. Might note too the 962 was just spares bought from Holbert Racing that were never used on track and only saw show car duty on a welded frame to roll them on. So in other words no real or complete 962 was used or harmed.

My thinking is you could have parted out the body in pieces and sold it for more than $1800. Few here would have afforded a large price but a smaller group collectively could and would have spent more than $1800 for Fiero History.

Hell people are buying Fiero related bricks so would assume there would have been a market here for section of one of the original GTP bodies.

Just a thought.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always thought it would be cool to have a street legal Spice Fiero GTP car.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Duh!

I just would think it would have done better even as a Fiero.

And what does a local guy with a complete C type have to do with any of this? We are talking only body parts from an IMSA car. Might note too the 962 was just spares bought from Holbert Racing that were never used on track and only saw show car duty on a welded frame to roll them on. So in other words no real or complete 962 was used or harmed.

My thinking is you could have parted out the body in pieces and sold it for more than $1800. Few here would have afforded a large price but a smaller group collectively could and would have spent more than $1800 for Fiero History.

Hell people are buying Fiero related bricks so would assume there would have been a market here for section of one of the original GTP bodies.

Just a thought.

Just showing some are valuable and some are not. The Jag raced with the GTPs. Some people dont want to mess with selling anything bit by bit. Thats also why you trade in a car for 1/3 of what you could sell it for if you advertised it for 3 months. I sell a lot of stuff I dont need but only as package deals...ie/ buy everything in the shed or nothing.

Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without seeing the ad and looking at the actual parts that were for sale ,I really doubt that any real Fiero/Spice GTP parts would have gone for cheap money. Anything usable that has to do with IMSA GTP cars are big money ! A full 3 piece used body for an early (SE88) "Fiero" GTP body would cost me $5-8k. I know who has both body parts and moulds for both early "Fiero" and later just "Spice" bodies. Although they could have most likely been damaged/repaired for show use only and full of filler/repairs.
R.E. the $95k Fiero: If Terry gets $90k+ for his car with IMSA history, I am going to put my car (with real IMSA history)up for sale, and mine would be a "bargain" at $55k !!!

Dave D.
Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI it looks like it also sold in 2013 via the same auction company for 60500 no reserves. I saw it was listed at the August auction so that could have been when it fetched that price. Not sure why its up there again with the same description 5 months later.

Also here is an interesting site http://www.conceptcarz.com/...=7416#auctionResults

It lists auction prices/history including the 2+2 that sold in 2009 etc

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock