The Fiero food chain back in the game! by donnie072003
Started on: 06-22-2013 09:00 AM
Replies: 7 (670 views)
Last post by: donnie072003 on 02-17-2014 07:34 PM
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started 4 years ago buying a 4cyl 87 sport coupe. Turned to not be exactly what I wanted. I fixed it up and gave it to my daughter to drive. She loved it too. She drove the wheels off of that thing. Sadly she just sold it as she is having a baby in a couple of weeks. I then purchased an 86 GT that had seen better days and bought a 2.8 motor from Archie and got her road worthy. Put a lot of time into that car and had her looking pretty good for a home done paint job. While I was finishing this car my son decided he wanted one so we traded his IROC to a fellow forum member for an 87GT with a 3.4in it. Car was really nice and had power to burn compared to the 2.8 I had. My son being a big stocky kid drove it for about 6 months and decided he needed something bigger. I ended up selling my 86GT and keeping the 87. In February of 2012 I lost my job so the toys had to go. I sold the 87 to a forum member in Indiana. He and his wife drove here and loaded up all my spare parts and then he drove it back home. Today I guess I am hitting another milestone in the food chain of Fieros as I am picking up an 86GT from a friend who is moving to Virginia and cant take it with him. He is giving me a pretty good deal on it and it already has a proven running 3.8SC in it. Car was torn down for paint but is in running condition. He had already bought paint for it too. So it pretty much just needs paint and reassembly. I have been Fiero-less for over a year now and I'm excited to have another to toy play with. I'll post some pics later of the new toy when I get her home and in the garage.

These are pics of the last two fieros. I cant find one of the sport coupe.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! I recently got another one after 5 years away. These cars are just plain fun. Enjoy!

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

jsmorter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats, I just bought my second one. It is an 88 coupe with T tops that I bought mainly for the body.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well she's all tucked away in her new home. Can't wait to get started on it. Thing sounds like a beast LOL! I will try to post some pics in the morning. Using my phone right now. Computer is a big POS and that's what I have PIP on.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking since the drivetrain is already done on this car I will probably do a custom interior for her. Probably gonna hit up the junk yards and see of I can find a more modern dash and console. Lots of ideas already brewing LOL!
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on this thing very slowly lol. I bought a set of side scoops for it from a forum member and have one of them installed. Like I said very slow going. I did start her up and pulled it out of the garage today. God I wanna drive it so bad. It just sounds awesome. I still can't get pics up because of my stupid computer. I have plenty on my phone bit don't know how to post them without using pip. I really want to be able to make a couple of shows next season.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats and welcome back... being that I haven't driven a fiero except for around my block in years ive cured my need with bsterdized mera
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick bump. Haven't done a lot this winter to her. Stinking garage doesn't have a lot of extra room to work on it. I did get one of my IMSA quarter panels installed and I've done some sanding but not much else. Hoping for some warm weather soon so I can leave my daily driver outside. I'm getting cabin fever being couped up inside all winter.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock