Need Fiero advice and mechanic help ASAP by lambofreak1
Started on: 06-21-2013 01:11 AM
Replies: 7 (467 views)
Last post by: lambofreak1 on 08-17-2013 10:22 PM
lambofreak1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lambofreak1Send a Private Message to lambofreak1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of people in South Florida (near west palm beach) that are reliable Fiero mechanics that can help me work on my 87 GT and give me good advice.
I already know Lou Benz and Alex Torres (Alex4mula), they are great but usually too busy to be able to give me some hands on help and training. I am also getting tired of going to normal shops and having them not be able fix things or having them try and end up breaking things instead. The few places that have worked on my car have done half ass work and I am done with them. If anything I would at least like to find a shop that is good with Fieros, one I can trust. One that I know will do the job right and that wont charge me an arm and a leg.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another local Fiero Owner! There are so few Fiero's in South Florida for some reason.

I have a friend that might be willing to lend you a helping hand. He is a fellow Fiero nut, and though not a professional mechanic, knows the Fiero VERY WELL. I was having trouble getting mine running smoothly, even after a mechanic could not figure it out. He brought over his laptop and scanner software, diagnosed it, and within just a half hour had her running perfectly. It turned out to be a bad TPS combined with low voltage coming from the control module.

Where in West Palm are you? I am close to the intersection of Haverhill Road and Lake Worth Road.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://gtservicecenter.com/ In Melbourne does good work on my Fieros. Robert has maybe eight of them including one 3800SC that he uses as a tow vehicle.
lambofreak1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lambofreak1Send a Private Message to lambofreak1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey john thanks for the welcome, im actually very close to you. I live in the Smith Farm gated community on Hypoluxo road by the Turnpike overpass just past Jog road. Let me know if you want to meet sometime, maybe you could introduce me to your friend. Old Lar thanks for the help they are a bit far from me but if I must I will check them out.
fiero4mack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero4mackSend a Private Message to fiero4mackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Old Lar...info on Melbourne shop exactly what I was in search of . I am a Palm Bayer also with 86 SE and no local contacts since just moved here in January.
Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to know a few Fiero Owners around. I just got my fiero running agin. Expect to put on road 1st of the year and antique status with cheaper registration etc (I think). Working on cosmetics and many things in the mean time. No hurry/no air where the heck would I drive it? I saw a Palm beach fiero club web site but saw nothing posted in 10 years +. Looks like some sort of Fiero gathering would be good to get going? Could be somewhere to drive to!
zap

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zapSend a Private Message to zapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys and a big welcome to Lambo.

Let's all get together sometime at a car show, lunch or a run.

88 GT

Boca Raton

lambofreak1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lambofreak1Send a Private Message to lambofreak1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the welcome Zap, im down to get together for an event anytime. Just msg me here on pennocks and we can set something up. Still looking for Fiero Mechanics BTW if anyone knows any local ones please let me know. Thanks again guys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock