Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  1990 Fiero GT protptype crushed! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
1990 Fiero GT protptype crushed! by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 06-20-2013 06:56 PM
Replies: 71 (4652 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 06-29-2013 03:47 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently read that when GM went into financial stress a few years back, they sold off and/or crushed many of the concept and prototype cars. The 1990 prototype may have been crushed as the GM archive department has no record of any Fiero in its current collection.
For those going to the 30th; do not expect that the 1990 Fiero will be there. It may be in the hands of a wealthy car collector but its more likely scrap metal. Does anyone have any information to confirm or refute the info that the 1990 prototype has been crushed?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This would be too bad but they can't hang on to everything. It would be nice if it did at least get sold to a collector. They might not have wanted to deal with the tax event.

We will see.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this is true, then there are several other prototypes / special Fieros that have been lost in addition to the 1990.

Please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly:

Indy Pace Car #2
Fiero 001
Fiero Turbo

I believe the others were sold in the famous auciton a few years back. I know the Blue PPG car, IMSA Race car #55, 2+2, and, convertable were sold.
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While this really sucks if it's true, I really wasn't too big of a fan of the 90. Looked too much like a Firebird for my taste. I'd take my 87 GT over the 90 any day.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure where you are getting your information, but the three Fieros in the heritage center collection were fine and alive as of the first week of May with no mention of a situation like you describe. The reason they are not at the 30th is due to the cost GM would charge to send them as their new company policies do not support any enthusiast club activities.

Fred
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Fred can back me up on this but the 1990 is still safe in the heritage collect at GM as are a few other Fiero's they saved.

Here is what I know.

I have seen pictures since the GM Chapter 11 from the Heritage center and it was still there. Note they do rotate cars out so it will not always be seen.

Second if it were sold we would know about it here and we had a 99% chance the new owner would have been someone here on this site. Out side our circle there is not a lot of interest in the car.

I believe GM also kept the Indy Pace car and the Turbo Porsche Eater that is now a Red GT fastback. GM has interest in this one since it also had a prototype engine in it.

They did sell some off several years ago and most went to folks here. GM has really gotten away from crushing cars like this and are now selling them with no title so they just can not be driven. They have learned that there is too much money to not sell them off.

The last Fiero's to be destroyed were the Car Craft Fiero and the 1990 Coupes. Now while we may have been excited about the coupes they were just mules and may have not been in great condition. Also they were not memorable styling by any means.

Now you may not see any GM cars at Indy but that is mostly because that one GM does not send cars out like they used to. Also there is no longer a Pontiac division to pay for them to travel and GM really does not want to spend money promoting a division that is dead.

GM even has gone to the point they fixed the 90 in the rear C pillars to preserve the car. They fixed the glass and painted it black to preserve it. Not something you would do if you were going to trash a car.

Lets face it if they sold the 2+2 Fiero there is no way that they would crush the 1990 Fiero.

If you are going to make statements like this you had better have proof or you may make some people mad at GM and when they find out the car is still around they will be mad at you.

As of now based on the latest things I have seen I would say it is still there unless you have creditable proof to the contraire.

GM can not keep everything and only sold the Fiero's they considered not as important. The Hot Rod car really had little history with anything other than a magazine cover. It did not even have the DOHC engine. The PPG car was not one they built and the 2+2 was mostly a test build on a space frame and not an attempt to make a 4 seat Fiero production. The Convertible was a prototype and again I do not believe GM built it as ASC or another outside contractor did. The three cars they kept were all GM and all their work.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-20-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Not sure where you are getting your information, but the three Fieros in the heritage center collection were fine and alive as of the first week of May with no mention of a situation like you describe. The reason they are not at the 30th is due to the cost GM would charge to send them as their new company policies do not support any enthusiast club activities.

Fred

Thanks Fred I typed too much and came in behind you on this. I was hoping you would chime in on this.

It is post like this we have been fighting for years to correct so much wrong History.

Ready to do a book yet Fred? Let me know I am willing to help. You know I am going to keep bugging you for one to set the whole story straight. lol!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-20-2013).]

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
Ready to do a book yet Fred? Let me know I am willing to help. You know I am going to keep bugging you for one to set the whole story straight. lol!

If this ever happened, I'd buy a copy for sure.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 06-20-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

If this ever happened, I'd buy a copy for sure.

DITTO!

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GM ... only sold the Fiero's they considered not as important.

This would have been everyone i've ever owned
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you guys can figure out how I can write a book using a welder, wrenches and a paint spray gun, I think we could get this done. Sitting and writing a book is the least of my aptitudes and would be a lengthy struggle to take this to task.

Fred
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you guys can figure out how I can write a book using a welder, wrenches and a paint spray gun, I think we could get this done. Sitting and writing a book is the least of my aptitudes and would be a lengthy struggle to take this to task.

Fred

We just need to outline what you want. Then fill in the info and facts needed and I can put it to words.

Or if we could lure Don Keefe into this and write the final book would be great.

I was kidding earlier but if you ever want to give it a try I was not kidding about helping here. If you can supply the info I can try to put it into a story. If anything if we get to this point we can get someone like Keefe or one of the other Pontiac writers to complete it.

Call me sometime and we can see if we can get something done to get your knowledge to paper. As of now there is so little complete info out there and so much false info that it is crazy. We have too many examples of this post.

I figure we could get you Paul and a few others to combine on supplying info and I and a few others could work to putting it to word.

If anything it would be nice just to get the info all on paper and preserved in one document. Lets face it if it is not preserved the info will be lost or misrepresented in the future.

Like I said call me and lets see if we can put together a group that can pull this off together if for anything just to get it on paper. If it gets published fine If not at least on the web and to the clubs. Even if you have little time we as long as we do a little bit at a time we can get this done.

With the knowledge you and others have will be lost if something God forbids happens to any of us. The Fiero is one car that still needs full disclosure to clear up the many false things about it. We need a book about all the good and the warts to be honest.

Also I think a Publisher may also be interested as the Fiero is a great case study on how GM failed. Much of what sent them to chapter 11 is what happened here. They were their own worst enemy.

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of the Car Craft after DGP was done with it. GM didn't want it after Car Craft gave it to them and I know someone would have taken it if it was offered. Seeing that it had a SD4 in it I am betting they didn't want the liability. Rick B

Edited to put another pic up.

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 06-21-2013).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think Fred can back me up on this but the 1990 is still safe in the heritage collect at GM as are a few other Fiero's they saved.

Here is what I know.

I have seen pictures since the GM Chapter 11 from the Heritage center and it was still there. Note they do rotate cars out so it will not always be seen.

Second if it were sold we would know about it here and we had a 99% chance the new owner would have been someone here on this site. Out side our circle there is not a lot of interest in the car.

I believe GM also kept the Indy Pace car and the Turbo Porsche Eater that is now a Red GT fastback. GM has interest in this one since it also had a prototype engine in it.

They did sell some off several years ago and most went to folks here. GM has really gotten away from crushing cars like this and are now selling them with no title so they just can not be driven. They have learned that there is too much money to not sell them off.

The last Fiero's to be destroyed were the Car Craft Fiero and the 1990 Coupes. Now while we may have been excited about the coupes they were just mules and may have not been in great condition. Also they were not memorable styling by any means.

Now you may not see any GM cars at Indy but that is mostly because that one GM does not send cars out like they used to. Also there is no longer a Pontiac division to pay for them to travel and GM really does not want to spend money promoting a division that is dead.

GM even has gone to the point they fixed the 90 in the rear C pillars to preserve the car. They fixed the glass and painted it black to preserve it. Not something you would do if you were going to trash a car.

Lets face it if they sold the 2+2 Fiero there is no way that they would crush the 1990 Fiero.

If you are going to make statements like this you had better have proof or you may make some people mad at GM and when they find out the car is still around they will be mad at you.

As of now based on the latest things I have seen I would say it is still there unless you have creditable proof to the contraire.

GM can not keep everything and only sold the Fiero's they considered not as important. The Hot Rod car really had little history with anything other than a magazine cover. It did not even have the DOHC engine. The PPG car was not one they built and the 2+2 was mostly a test build on a space frame and not an attempt to make a 4 seat Fiero production. The Convertible was a prototype and again I do not believe GM built it as ASC or another outside contractor did. The three cars they kept were all GM and all their work.

If you read my post, I never claimed or stated that my info was correct; only that I read it online. If you wiki Pontiac Fiero it also mentions that the 1990 prototype Fiero has disappeared. Since I do not have an inside track on the internal affairs at GM, the purpose of this post was to confirm or disprove the existence of the 1990 Fiero with the open exchange of info from the members. If I was a historian as yourself, I would not have written this post

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you read my post, I never claimed or stated that my info was correct; only that I read it online. If you wiki Pontiac Fiero it also mentions that the 1990 prototype Fiero has disappeared. Since I do not have an inside track on the internal affairs at GM, the purpose of this post was to confirm or disprove the existence of the 1990 Fiero with the open exchange of info from the members. If I was a historian as yourself, I would not have written this post

Maybe a ? in your headline instead of a !

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to find this one for Bob Birchmier in case anyone see it. I have a picture of it finished from AKaiser but I never asked if I could show the picture. The color was amazing when done. I put a tiny part of it up. Rick B

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A vid from youtube of the 1990 at the 20th anniversary
at 1:30, preceded by pacecar #1, followed by a convertible, and pacecar #2, and Fiero 001, and Turbo Ttop...and 2+2.. and Huffaker IMSA, 87 Prostreet and Blue PPG pacecar.

Wow

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-21-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The title of the post was enought to set off a lot of mis-information. You know how the web is.

Unless you know something posting titles like this do more damage than good. I know you love the Fiero so I know you did not do it to do harm. But if you don't know something becareful on what and how you post. God knows we have enough Fiero myths out there as it is that we have been trying to correct for decades.

I am sorry as I really was not trying to bust on you but I get worried when I see things this simple take on a life of their own.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

A vid from youtube of the 1990 at the 20th anniversary
at 1:30, perceded by pacecar #1, followed by a convertible, and pacecar #2, and Fiero 001, and Turbo Ttop...and 2+2.. and Huffaker IMSA, 87 Prostreet and Blue PPG pacecar.

Wow

Ahhh... the good ol' days... Actually, I didn't own a Fiero in 2003...
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read the 1990 wiki page too and it says the same thing as having no record. I do know GM could have made some money if indeed that is even close to true. Someone on here would have paid to buy the car! It would be a shame if that was the truth though. I was hoping to see it again at this show

------------------

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Ahhh... the good ol' days... Actually, I didn't own a Fiero in 2003...

Neither did I , but I should have !
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I just read the 1990 wiki page too and it says the same thing as having no record. I do know GM could have made some money if indeed that is even close to true. Someone on here would have paid to buy the car! It would be a shame if that was the truth though. I was hoping to see it again at this show

Did you read RAREW66's post? The car is alive and well. Good grief, this is what hyperv6 was talking about...
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis why not ask Cliff if he could change your title and not cause all this junk?

Having recently gone back to college and graduated with a degree, I can tell you ALL my instructors said "DO NOT USE" wiki for any research. IT IS A KNOWN FACT that information on wiki is not fact checked and any ole idiot can ad info to it!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Did you read RAREW66's post? The car is alive and well. Good grief, this is what hyperv6 was talking about...

Lol, I read it. I was just saying I saw it say the same thing on the Wikipedia page. Will the car be at the 30th or no? Sorry I didn't read everything but I knew what RAREW66 posted. No worries.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a better question...does anyone actually know someone that has one of these prototypes?

I want to rent it and take molds.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol, I read it. I was just saying I saw it say the same thing on the Wikipedia page. Will the car be at the 30th or no? Sorry I didn't read everything but I knew what RAREW66 posted. No worries.

Wiki is good most of the time but so many people can change things and post in accurate info you have to just keep it in mind. Someone should change it on there to keep things updated.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

While this really sucks if it's true, I really wasn't too big of a fan of the 90. Looked too much like a Firebird for my taste. I'd take my 87 GT over the 90 any day.

Actually you kind of have that backward. The prototype didn't look like the firebird, the firebird looked like the prototype. The prototype was built long before the look alike firebird was built.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will the car be at the 30th or no? Sorry I didn't read everything but I knew what RAREW66 posted. No worries.

The reason they are not at the 30th is due to the cost GM would charge to send them as their new company policies do not support any enthusiast club activities.

Fred

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Actually you kind of have that backward. The prototype didn't look like the firebird, the firebird looked like the prototype. The prototype was built long before the look alike firebird was built.

This is true, still not my taste though. To each his own.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the other day, people were saying no turbo Fiero ever existed. So we already have issues here. Ive found stuff in Wiki and Snopes that were dead wrong before.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

One thing many people fail to understand is that snopes is nothing more than a husband and wife research team not some giant think tank. I have a friend that uses snopes.com as his go to authentication site. They are no better than any other site.

Well, they do spend more time than most people that spewing out "facts" but yeah, they can be wrong.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also some web sites are not as innocent as they like you to believe. There are many political action groups behind some to skew the fact to their favor. I saw a story not long ago on this and it is amazing who is behind some of these sites.

Some of these home spun web sites may look small but they take money from big pocket donors. Yes left and right minded both do it.

The internets is a great tool and can unlock much information but other times it can be the crescent wrench that someone tried to drive a nail with too.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Here is a pic of the Car Craft after DGP was done with it. GM didn't want it after Car Craft gave it to them and I know someone would have taken it if it was offered. Seeing that it had a SD4 in it I am betting they didn't want the liability. Rick B

Edited to put another pic up.

Boy I sure could use the wheels off that car! lol!

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/3800446841.html
Dodge Daytona Shelby Omni GLH Indy Fiero "centerline" wheels - $95 (Alfred,Maine 04002)
Hi all. Here is a set of Dodge Daytona wheels. These were popular among the Fiero crowd as they looked much like Centerline wheels that were found on the Indy anD PPG pace cars.Also a stock rim on the Omni GLH
These are 15 inch rims,and one has a junk tire. Missing some center caps.
Hard to find wheels!! Hub size is 5x100mm and will fit many GM and Dodge vehicles.
Asking $95 Cash only please
Call/text/email. 207.651.4138
Thanks. Mark
***LOWER PRICE DOWN FROM $175*** I'D HATE TO SCRAP THESE WHEELS...

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks gokart,
I actually have the Centerline 928's on my car, but the correct rears wheels should be wider. I'm running adapters
to get them out where they need to be! lol
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI for those wondering where a few others ended up, these were the cars sold at Barrett Jackson:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-23-2013).]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will check Mon about the 1990 prototype. I am sure we would have known about this if it really happened.

Ron T
Historian
Indy owner

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Barrett-Jackson Convertibles #46 and #1065 are both in Calgary.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Just the other day, people were saying no turbo Fiero ever existed. So we already have issues here. Ive found stuff in Wiki and Snopes that were dead wrong before.

Not in production as far as I know and have heard, but in prototype it existed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock