Fiero car show in Orrville ohio by jsmorter
Started on: 06-18-2013 06:01 AM
Replies: 36 (1164 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 07-07-2013 09:26 PM
jsmorter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone going to this? it is on the 29th from 1 to 4.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is it being held at and who?

I was thinking of going to the MAPs military aircraft cruise in that day at the Akron Canton Airport. I used to have to race every year the same weekend this was on and this year they moved it.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any type of registration? Or do we just show up?
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Found this on Facebook.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised someone is doing an all Fiero show the same day as the 30th, but a Fiero celebration anytime is good. I think they will be doing some live broadcasting from the 30th, maybe they could do a simulcast at this show for people that could not make the 30th.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-18-2013).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to a show there years ago when I had my Ferrari kit. There was a black 88 Gt / tan interior there with supposedly a factory installed turbo system. Id never heard of one ever, but he did have a bunch of magazine and newspaper articles about it...so who knows for sure. I know theres those here that will agree that no such thing ever existed, but whos to say what kind of secret little projects were going on in back rooms back then.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I went to a show there years ago when I had my Ferrari kit. There was a black 88 Gt / tan interior there with supposedly a factory installed turbo system. Id never heard of one ever, but he did have a bunch of magazine and newspaper articles about it...so who knows for sure. I know theres those here that will agree that no such thing ever existed, but whos to say what kind of secret little projects were going on in back rooms back then.

If I had a dollar for every double seceret factory turbo or prototype I have seen claimed I would be rich today. LOL!

There were a lot of people back in the day adding the Miller Woods turbo kits and even some dealers. Also several did the Sunbird Turbo swaps too.

I live 20 mins from Orville and have not heard of any show or anything about Fiero show. Again when where and who is doing this.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Again when where and who is doing this.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-18-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

I am going to go to the Maps show in the AM but I may have to swing by later if the weather is good.

I would like to see if anyone shows up. It is just an odd area for a Fiero show let along a swap meet with no club connection.

I know we have a lot of cars around here but we seldom ever get together at one place or time. It would be neat to see some of the cars we do not see much.

It is not so far away that if it is not much I would be out anything more than 20 mins. At the least I could get a milk shake.

The number looks like maybe Canal Fulton. Is Carl anyone on here?
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of at least a few that are going
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured out this is Car Baer. He has a Metalic Candy Apple red V8 Notch Coupe with a small L88 hood.

Some of you may have seen him around over the years as he has had the car for a long time.
PFF
System Bot
Venomous

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenomousSend a Private Message to VenomousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn I would love to go to this but I work Saturdays.

------------------

87 GT: Need to get road worthy first
92 Cutlass Vert: LX9/20s/tons more
01 Impala: Wifes taxi
99 Blazer: Parts hauler/winter beater

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I had a dollar for every double seceret factory turbo or prototype I have seen claimed I would be rich today. LOL!

There were a lot of people back in the day adding the Miller Woods turbo kits and even some dealers. Also several did the Sunbird Turbo swaps too.

I live 20 mins from Orville and have not heard of any show or anything about Fiero show. Again when where and who is doing this.

True, but hard to argue with the guy who has media articles and photos to back it up. I hardly think a dealer installed turbo kit would make the local newspaper or national magazine. Who would also go to the trouble of making up fake articles just to show his Fiero (that most car guys care less about) came with a turbo.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

True, but hard to argue with the guy who has media articles and photos to back it up. I hardly think a dealer installed turbo kit would make the local newspaper or national magazine. Who would also go to the trouble of making up fake articles just to show his Fiero (that most car guys care less about) came with a turbo.

I don't know but I have seen even less misrepresented before for the oddest reason.

I have most of all the major magazine stories since 1980 and I never recalled see anything on a black factory turbo outside the Porsche eater that GM built. And I know where that one is today in the GM collection as a red fastback today.

Also when I did the research on the 1990 emblems I was approached by more than one person who said they had prototypes too. In fairness I offered their photos to GM with mine and they said they never saw them before. I so not think they were lying but I think someone lied to them and they paid too much for a fake object.

But I have learned to say never on stuff like this but generally so few of it ever pans out. The only Factory Turbo Fiero's I can think off are the two Porsche Eaters GM built in 84 and the one 2.0 DOHC Turbo GM built for the one Pace car prototype. Can anyone think of any others that were authenticated?

I hope the weather holds as I hope to see many local cars here that I have never seen.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wiish I could go but maybe next year...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

Wiish I could go but maybe next year...

That is what I keep saying about Hawaii maybe next year lol!

I was there once but I need to get back.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is what I keep saying about Hawaii maybe next year lol!

I was there once but I need to get back.

Lol. Seriously though it will be nice to finally get home. Ive been on vacation too long...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

Lol. Seriously though it will be nice to finally get home. Ive been on vacation too long...

You would probably freeze if you were back now. It has never really been what I would call hot here. It has been kind of San Diego weather just with more rain.

But I know what you mean there is no place like home. Though Hawaii is one of the few places I have been on vacation to that I was not ready to go home after two weeks. I still like to get back and take the wife as she has never been there.

I wanted to take her on Cruiser Bobs Bikes on Maui but I have heard they do not ride from the top of the Volcano anymore. I guess there was too many accidents for the park to let them to continue. That was a lot of fun as we has a fast group.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else going to try to go if the weather is good?
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking about going... Time to meet some of you local guys!

[This message has been edited by Robertzep2 (edited 06-22-2013).]

jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going, my 11 yr old daughter says we have to lol
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we should caravan so no one gets lost. LOL!
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my Fiero is still in pieces but I'll probably show up for a little while.

*my mistake, I have a class that day until 4:30

[This message has been edited by KaijuSenso (edited 06-23-2013).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KaijuSenso:

Well my Fiero is still in pieces but I'll probably show up for a little while.

*my mistake, I have a class that day until 4:30

Just tell the teacher you have field research to do If it is not raining. LOL!

Is the school at least close?
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, who is still going to tomorrow? I am planning on showing up, especially since I did go to the 30th.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still going
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still going in my beater fiero lol
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I did not make it.

I went to the MAPs museum show Saturday AM at the Akron Canton Airport. I ran into a bunch of friends and my son was having a blast climbing on and in every thing from a MIG 15 to a F-100 Super Sabre. Truth be said I too had a blast in the planes too.

They had 350 plus cars and I was glad I hung around as I got a top 25 award.

By the time I got out I could see rain to the south west and it was 3:00 PM so I abandon the trip to Orrville. Sorry but if you do this again let us know and I will try to be there the next time.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the photo's. Pretty nice turn out for such little notification. I am glad a good number turned up.

If they do another I promise to be there if it is not raining. Make sure to post it here a few weeks out as I had already committed to the other show first and my son would have been mad at me if we did not go see the planes I had promises. Sorry the son comes before the Fiero.

The show I was at had planes around the show where you could pull up and get a photo with a F 14, F4, A7 and a F100. I had a good time and beat the rain home.

It was a great show with many nice cars but I was the lone Fiero in 350+ cars. I did find one other dear Fiero Friend Bud there with his aircraft model group.

There were groups of Mustangs and Camaro's if nothing else is planned on this day next year it would be fun to get a group of Fiero's here.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-30-2013).]

jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh my, there is my decrepid white fiero on the internet lol. Then again I think it had the highest milege of any there @ 271,000
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to take a photo of my own car! lol. I believe that they said they plan on doing this again next year.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I forgot to take a photo of my own car! lol. I believe that they said they plan on doing this again next year.

Good! I just hope it is on a different weekend and word gets around better.
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets hope the weather cooperates better lol
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jsmorter:

Lets hope the weather cooperates better lol

I noticed the water drips on the cars. We got lucky at the airport as I could see it out that way and it went south of us.
kymmee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kymmeeSend a Private Message to kymmeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I figured out this is Car Baer. He has a Metalic Candy Apple red V8 Notch Coupe with a small L88 hood.

Some of you may have seen him around over the years as he has had the car for a long time.

That is a nice car-I've seen it at a couple shows in the Canton area. Hope to make the Fiero show in Orrville next year.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking how so many people say they never see a Fiero or get excited to just see one.

Here is an example of a little advertised and short notice get together that is non club related that drew a good number of cars in this area.

Accept for a 1 or 2 non are the ones I see regularly here. This is a good example of how many we have around here and why I see Fiero's nearly daily in the summer and often in the winter.

I just saw a Yellow Formula T top on Manchester last week. They are supposed to be rare but I know of several in the areas.

Fiero's are only as rare depending on where you live. Around NE Ohio we have a lot of them and many are very good condition.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock