Started on: 06-16-2013 02:52 PM
Replies: 22 (2356 views)
Last post by: Macs86GT on 08-06-2013 02:11 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My last mod (I think ) http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/
Very easy to install and plenty of good advice from Doug and Sage

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. Sage does some very nice fiberglass work.
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is Ted (Sage) doing these days? back when I was building the IMSA I had the pleasure of dealing with him and I know his back was really messed up big time. he does such beautiful glass work for someone in so much pain all the time, and is a true class act. that chin spoiler is just one more example. very nice

Russ
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice install Gokart! Looks great to me. Always nice to see somebody using one of our parts, and it looking so good!

Thanks for the kind words Adam and Russ.

Russ: the back is no better, but fortunatly, not too much worse than it was yet. I generally manage by standing awhile then having to sit awhile. Takes allot longer to get much done, but better than doing nothing! Was sad to see you listing your car again, if I had the money, you're IMSA would be in my stable already, (if I had a stable!), along with LEEEZARD'S Mera, but believe it or not, I STILL haven't gotten rich making Fiero parts! Who'd a thunk it?! Can't imagine your letting it go for what you've listed it for, you've put more time/labor in it than your selling price, not counting the price for the car and parts!

HAGO!
Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Nice install Gokart! Looks great to me. Always nice to see somebody using one of our parts, and it looking so good!

Thanks for the kind words Adam and Russ.

Russ: the back is no better, but fortunatly, not too much worse than it was yet. I generally manage by standing awhile then having to sit awhile. Takes allot longer to get much done, but better than doing nothing! Was sad to see you listing your car again, if I had the money, you're IMSA would be in my stable already, (if I had a stable!), along with LEEEZARD'S Mera, but believe it or not, I STILL haven't gotten rich making Fiero parts! Who'd a thunk it?! Can't imagine your letting it go for what you've listed it for, you've put more time/labor in it than your selling price, not counting the price for the car and parts!

HAGO!

Well what da ya know. you are still kicking! It's good to hear that at least you're back is no worse than it was Ted. my back isn't as bad as yours, but it's bad enough to know how miserable it can be. hang in there my friend.
I'm simply amazed that you haven't gotten rich on Fiero parts yet . you know what you need to do to get rich is start making early Corvette parts. the long time trusted supplier sold his shop a couple years ago, which quickly went down hill, and I heard that the original owner passed away recently. you may know who I'm referring to. anyway, there is a huge market void there now that needs to be filled and you could certainly build the quality of parts we early Corvette guys are looking for, and willing to pay for!!
My IMSA sold today on E-bay BTW. I do hate to see it go, but I need the garage space and I think it's going to a good home, in Idaho.

Shiny side up guys,
Russ
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've comtemplated getting into the Vette market. I did see the obit for the man you are talking about, not sure what is happening with all his tooling, have never tried contacting anybody. It's another catch 22 situation...need LOTS of money to buy existing molds to produce those parts...OR...to buy whole cars to use as plugs to make my own molds...none of it comes cheap last time I checked! Doesn't Ecklers or Mid America or Corvette Central, or a combination pretty much cover everything needed? I do have an 81 that I'm reworking, but that's not the C1 or C2 like you are talking about, besides, materials keep going up and up. I believe they took an across the board 7% increase about two years ago, and have had small increases steadily since then as well. A drum of resin when I started was about $850...now that same drum is nearly $1500! Plus the fact that the back is NOT getting better but worse, gradually (thank goodness), so my physical limitations would require my hireing help, which is MORE cash needed that I don't have and am not likely to ever have. Besides, you have to really like doing this stuff to stay with it, and it seems there are less and less people that are actually willing to "work" at something. Most seem to want to get paid for showing up and puching the clock. Not many I.A.'s around here! Probably couldn't afford them either anyway!

I do appreciate the suggestion and figure you are probably right. I've said for years that in order to make any real money at this, you have to expand into markets other than Fiero's, just not enough of them around. If I were 20 years younger, or half a million richer, I might consider expansion, but given my current circumstances, don't see it happening. I spend a good deal of time helping my wife through each day after she was left paralyzed on her right side by a stroke in 2005. Not complaining, just stating another contributing factor to my staying where I'm at.

Anyway, good to hear from you and keep building those hotrods! Talked to another friend earlier today that I've not seen'heard from in years. He was telling me about the 23T bucket he bought. Full Body built by California Customs, with an 87 Vette drivetrain, except for the 9"Ford rear end!

Take care and post some pics of your Vette's in O.T. or "Other Cars" section!

HAGO!
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

My last mod (I think ) http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/
Very easy to install and plenty of good advice from Doug and Sage

Where did you get those turn signal light covers?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

Where did you get those turn signal light covers?

They were made by the late Kris Munson. I'm not sure they're still in production. JimmyS would be the one to ask.
http://www.fierofiberglass.com/
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...tbio&UserName=JimmyS
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some turn signal light covers about a month ago from Hardpact. They are not perfect but I really like them... here's a link...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065451.html

Brian
Russ544

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyway, good to hear from you and keep building those hotrods! Talked to another friend earlier today that I've not seen'heard from in years. He was telling me about the 23T bucket he bought. Full Body built by California Customs, with an 87 Vette drivetrain, except for the 9"Ford rear end!

Take care and post some pics of your Vette's in O.T. or "Other Cars" section!

HAGO!

I know who you refer to. not only is his new T a Vette drivetrain, but it's a Rochester "fulie" Vette engine. a big money and rare setup for a T bucket. You have very grumpy friends by the way . tell him MrPbody, from the Corvette forum, said "hi"
I put a note and pics of my Vettes in the "other cars" section for interested viewers titled "Vettes -R- us". I've stepped on Gocarts thread here way too much already. sorry dude.

C-ya,
Russ

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My aplogies Gokart, didn't mean to sidetrack your thread.

I'll say again, you did a great job mounting the spoiler, and believe me I know, they can be a pain to get right!

The turn signal covers also finish it off "just right"!

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My aplogies Gokart, didn't mean to sidetrack your thread.

I'll say again, you did a great job mounting the spoiler, and believe me I know, they can be a pain to get right!

The turn signal covers also finish it off "just right"!

HAGO!

No worries! I'm glad this thread got Fiero friends together!
Plus the replies bump it back up for more to see my project

------------------

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't understand why your bumper looks completely different than the image on their web site looks like. The one they show looks like a regular bump cut off. So what portion do you receive the complete front or an add on part?

I would have consider this one instead adding on like ski time did.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:
I don't understand why your bumper looks completely different than the image on their web site looks like. The one they show looks like a regular bump cut off. So what portion do you receive the complete front or an add on part?
I would have consider this one instead adding on like ski time did.

It looks exactly the same to me.

Are you looking at the Standard Sage spoiler?
Here's what it looks like out of the crate.

Btw, the crate that Doug packs them in are custom made and professionally done.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Gokart!! I have lots of their products, all good stuff.

wow love the box! wonder if Sage sells "just the box"
j/k

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
wonder if Sage sells "just the box"

Doug makes the boxes himself! I'm sure if you wanted one bad enough, he'd be glad to fix ya up! ....course you COULD order a chin spoiler and get one on the house!

HAGO!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Looks great Gokart!! I have lots of their products, all good stuff.

wow love the box! wonder if Sage sells "just the box"
j/k

That was the funniest part when I bought his complete IMSA kit. The crate was like a double sized refrigerator and the freight guy asked if I had a forklift at my house when he delivered it
It goes about half way down my driveway. You can't see all of it in this picture.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-22-2013).]

McNasty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey,
Chin spoiler looks great.
I was considering this as well, I was wondering about the install process.
What is needed and how easy is the install?
thankyou
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1
I just ordered this chin spoiler from them and I'm not sure how it's gonna go on the car. Any pointers?

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Auto.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would recommend bonding it to the front bumper, and other then tweaking it to fit your car it just slides on over the existing nose clip. I wonder if its possible to use the notched spoiler with the imsa fenders.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 08-05-2013).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:
I wonder if its possible to use the notched spoiler with the imsa fenders.

No. The IMSA fenders are wider than the stock spoiler and they don't make them for IMSA either
(I am making my own )
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kick myself for not picking up that spoiler at the 30th.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda figured it wouldn't guess ill have to look at making one when the time comes or modifying the one i have on the car. I bet the Imsa looks kick ass with that spoiler on the front.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock