Another new guy checking in by Slow6
Started on: 06-11-2013 03:18 AM
Replies: 30 (741 views)
Last post by: project34 on 07-29-2013 08:12 PM
Slow6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registering to soak up some knowledge. I currently own a couple of Pontiacs, a lonely Ford, and looking to add a Fiero. Nice to be here and looking forward to researching. My goal is to make it a fun corner carver powered by a L67.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where in Texas?

several 3800sc to ride in.
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Welcome..

Thanks for the welcome.

Originally posted by revin:

where in Texas?

several 3800sc to ride in.

I'm in the Dallas area. I usually get a chance to catch up with the local Fiero guys once/twice a year at the Pontiac Southern Nationals and the Tiger Prowl show. Blake usually posts events every now and then on clubgp, but I haven't been able to make any yet. I'm in hopes I can catch the next cruise or event that takes place.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome !!!
86gt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt3800Send a Private Message to 86gt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. I myself also live in the Dfw area
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here ya go! DFW unite!
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

revin

8684 posts
Member since Aug 2001

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-11-2013).]

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I am also new so I thought I would drop in and say hi. I recently acquired a 87 GT from my old man. Clean, straight and running well ...just odds and ends to deal with. While I got out of the Fiero game in the early 90's (I had an 86 SE and then briefly an 85 base model), it is good to be back now that the kids are almost grown. Anyway I have enjoyed lurking, up to now, and I am sure I will pestering you all for knowledge soon (like how I get the oil pressure gauge to work...and why it stalls when it is cold out). Anyway, nice to meet you all.

------------------
Bat Masterson - "There are those who argue that everything breaks even in this old dump of a world of ours. I suppose these ginks who argue that way hold that because the rich man gets ice in the summer and the poor man gets it in the winter things are breaking even for both. Maybe so, but I'll swear I can't see it that way."

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slow6:

Registering to soak up some knowledge. I currently own a couple of Pontiacs, a lonely Ford, and looking to add a Fiero. Nice to be here and looking forward to researching. My goal is to make it a fun corner carver powered by a L67.

If you make it up to OKC a few of us around there. I think only Doug and I have L67s. I think most of the guys around here are stock or close to it. Lots more people down in the Texas way. Not as friendly a bunch down there though. Kevin, Don, and Blake can be real jerks.

Are you looking to buy a swapped car or to build one? Seen one on Ebay for the cheap.

------------------
$50 a month unlimited cell

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome...

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
(84 IMSA) garage queen
(13 Veloster) daily grinder
(06 solstice) my vert Fiero
(00 jeep wrangler) fun in the mud.
The forums Youngest CDL driver

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice to see u join and if u need to know anything about the 3800 swap then let me know. When will u be lookjng for a Fiero? Any year in particular? Happen to need a motor to start off ur build?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard!
www.CalgaryFieros.com

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Nice to see u join and if u need to know anything about the 3800 swap then let me know. When will u be lookjng for a Fiero? Any year in particular? Happen to need a motor to start off ur build?

I've got an '88 coupe with a blown motor that would make a good host.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, both of you. Slow6, please come join us at NTFC. We have our monthly meeting next Saturday, 06-22. We meet at Pappa's BBQ on W. NW Hwy, in Dallas. Our Prez, Blake, will treat you so many ways, you are bound to like one. You will meet a great group of guys and gals who enjoy their Fieros.

DARKWING,
Mike Parker
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Our Prez, Blake, will treat you so many ways, you are bound to like one.

Wow, that has JUST the right amount of "creepy" to it. ROFL.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

I've got an '88 coupe with a blown motor that would make a good host.

Hey now...I still plan on putting my host in that car if we still have a deal on it...
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey now...I still plan on putting my host in that car if we still have a deal on it...

Oops... My bad. Ok then you can sell him your car old car after swap over your stuff.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-14-2013).]

Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys just checking back in, finally picked up a Fiero today. Proud new owner of a 1987 GT.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys just checking back in, finally picked up a Fiero today. Proud new owner of a 1987 GT.

The proof is in the pictures....lol....

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you can make the meeting on Saturday 7-27 and the "Jim Swim" in Terrell after. Look forward to seeing your Fiero and meeting you.

Mike Parker
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well its no 88 but it will work....Was itnonsbof the ones off CL?
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The proof is in the pictures....lol....

I hope this appeases the almighty Tom LOL

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Hope you can make the meeting on Saturday 7-27 and the "Jim Swim" in Terrell after. Look forward to seeing your Fiero and meeting you.

Mike Parker

Mike, unfortunately I will only be able to make the BBQ. Hopefully there will be another event not too far in the distant future so I can catch up with the guys won't be able to make Papa's

Well its no 88 but it will work....Was itnonsbof the ones off CL?

Yep sure is the one that was on CL for a couple of weeks. Don't be surprised if I bombard you with questions at one point in time professor MB.

Not sure if any of you guys know one of the previous owner's or not, but their names appear to be a Michael Crutsinger of Fort Worth and before that a Jack Hanson from Azle. Thought I would see if anyone knew either owners and how I might get in contact with them to find out any history on the car.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That car has been on there a while.Was starting to think it had major issues or damage cause it looks good and the price wasnt bad on it. Any queations feel free to ask and if u need any parts then I can probaly help u there also. Time to start collection 3800 swap parts now..
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Fantastic... Welcome aboard!

Your new car looks great. Looking forward to pawing over it next week. If you have any buddies from the GP world that would like to come to ANY NTFC events, they are always welcome. Ford, Fiero, Fiat...
We welcome all...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope this appeases the almighty Tom LOL

YES it does!

that's one nice looking ride and i'm sure it will be a very fast one too.
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That car has been on there a while.Was starting to think it had major issues or damage cause it looks good and the price wasnt bad on it. Any queations feel free to ask and if u need any parts then I can probaly help u there also. Time to start collection 3800 swap parts now..

There a few issues I have noticed- vacuum lines or lack there of I should say. Some are hooked up others are not. Seems like it takes a bit to get going from a dead stop. Not sure if it's vacuum related, something else, or that's "normal" for a Fiero. Another has to do with the headlights not going down. I turn the lights off and the stay up. Not sure if there is a seperate button I need to push. I'm guessing the motor's are out on them. He also said something about the rear motor mount. I looked on Autozone, but couldn't find them, and the engine mounts I did find looked nothing like what he picked up and showed that was laying in the cargo area. There's also a squealing when I turn the car on, but goes away after driving for a bit. Sounds very similar to a belt squeal. The water temp gauge does not work, but there is an aftermarket gauge next to the seat. Also the gas gauge doesn't work, which I found out on my drive back from Irving. LOL I was told it should have a full tank of gas before I parted ways with the previous owner. Made it on loop 12, 35, and then 635. I was getting on to the entrance ramp to 75 north on 635. Started making my way up the hill and lost all power. I was able to coast to the middle where it splits to go north or south on 75 at the top of the hill. My butt hole puckered several times as I watched 18 wheelers and large SUV's go by, some of which opted to not get in the left lane. My buddy was able to come rescue me with a gallon of gas. However, in the end I could do nothing but laugh at the whole situation. The gas station where I finally was able to fill up was the same one I used when my Mustang(the one I traded for the Fiero) had ran out of gas coming back from Kellers after putting it back together and getting it running for the first time. Oh the irony.

Luckily I have a slew of 3800 parts from owning different ones over the years. I'm also debating on pulling the engine out of my Grand Prix to use for the Fiero. But I may just source one from Ed Morad, then pull the turbo kit off the Grand Prix to hack up and make it work on the fiero. The other route would be going with a 5.3. A 3800 turbo or 5.3 Fiero sounds like one hell of a ride.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Wow! Fantastic... Welcome aboard!

Your new car looks great. Looking forward to pawing over it next week. If you have any buddies from the GP world that would like to come to ANY NTFC events, they are always welcome. Ford, Fiero, Fiat...
We welcome all...

Hey Blake thanks for the welcome. I'll see if any buddies want to come out with me. Not sure about the Grand Prix crowd cause unfortunately we don't do much anymore. Which really sucks cause we always had a good time. I will send Daniel (DZBE1), John Oliver, and a few others a text to see if they can make it out.

When I spoke with you last year at PSN, you were talking about going through with a 3800 swap. Did you ever get a chance to get started?

YES it does!

that's one nice looking ride and i'm sure it will be a very fast one too.

Thanks Tom, but don't let the picture deceive you there's is still plenty of work to be done.

[This message has been edited by Slow6 (edited 07-20-2013).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Blake ...

When I spoke with you last year at PSN, you were talking about going through with a 3800 swap. Did you ever get a chance to get started?

i can answer that for you. NO!
his spare cradle, engine, tranny are sitting in my garage waiting for his fat azzz to get started (lazy bum).

Thanks Tom, but don't let the picture deceive you there's is still plenty of work to be done.

there's always work to be done or they wouldn't be Fiero's.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 07-20-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

welcome...

From PA to Texas. That's a move.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Lights. Probably the motors, but no need to buy new ones. Rodney Dickman has a kit to install new plastic dowel pieces into the motor housing. Go to his web site. 87-88 Fieros have the same lights. Make sure the lights you have are two wires and not 3. My first Fiero was an 88 and one of its owners installed pre 87-88 3 wire lights so of course they did not open or close. You can spin the the top of the motors and get them to open & close. I did that for a while and got so I could do both in a very short period of time!

Nice looking car! You will enjoy sitting low to the ground. You will get used to looking at the tires on big trucks. LOL. I like the fact that these cars set about 40" from the ground to the roof!

Rodney has material for speaker covers.

After driving a 2.5 "duke" for 12 years, then a 87 GT with a 3800SC, I can say, even with some run-ability issues what a difference!

Steve

Grand Rapids, Michigan - Home of ZZP & the company that bought Held!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-21-2013).]

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seems like it takes a bit to get going from a dead stop. Not sure if it's vacuum related, something else, or that's "normal" for a Fiero.

I don't know what the problem is, but I'm reasonably confident I know what it isn't: What you've described isn't "normal" for your Fiero V6.

Welcome to our forum. I think that although your inquiry I've quoted above intitially may have gotten inadverently sidetracked by well-meaning others, I'm hoping my response helps you obtain additional, more helpful, responses to your inquiry.

If it doesn't, I recommend you start a new thread asking the same question --- up front, and within the title of your thread.

In any case, good luck to you with your engine project.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock